[APP] Telenav 6.2 (basic navigation is now FREE)

Search This thread

askpcguy

Aug 8, 2010
I thought Telenav and Google Maps will overlay traffic on highways/freeways and you just avoid the red?
Glad everyone is liking it. I wish there was a way to get the premium features though. Could have used traffic re-routing today - but its not like I lost anything over GMaps which doesn't do traffic either...

Nov 5, 2010
Waxahachie, TX
I have used telenav with 2 different roms and it works better for me versus google maps. What is interesting is how often I am dropping and reconnecting to GPS while driving.

fldude99

Oct 13, 2010
Glad everyone is liking it. I wish there was a way to get the premium features though. Could have used traffic re-routing today - but its not like I lost anything over GMaps which doesn't do traffic either...

I understand that google navigation does show traffic now and supposedly will re-route due to it

mrwhsskers

Jun 22, 2007
Los Angeles
telenav on captivate

Ok so I downloaded from the link directly to my phone. showed downloaded ok, can not find it anywhere in my app drawer or anwhere else on phone. running cog 3.04 on my captivate. am i just blind or should i be looking elsewhere??

xdahgary

Aug 18, 2010
Well when you first start it up for the first time it updates itself so that may have been the case for you data consumption.
Nah, I got this app on the first day I saw it here. Also, today I used google maps to go to lunch and I didn't any data!? Of course it wasn't as accurate.

nrgaway

Jan 26, 2011
CoPilot live is the gps app I use for offline navigation since I do not have a data plan.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Tonstanater

Feb 17, 2011
Okay so if you go to the Telenav OTA site at ota.telenav.com/tn and click T-Mobile as your carrier, then click the Vibrant 4G, it is completely compatible with the Captivate. Basic navigation is now free (including voice navigation, automatic re-routing, etc) and the full premium navigation (which includes SPEED TRAPS among traffic and all sorts of other things) is only $2.99 a month - MUCH better than paying at&t $9.99 a month and this app is much better than the stock at&t Navigator app and worlds better than Google Navigation, which quite often thinks you aren't on the right road when you're dealing with a highly populated area with lots of roads.

Also, unlike Google Nav, TeleNav will continue to work without a tower signal, it will just tell you to turn without the street name. I know this from experience when I drove from Colorado to Arizona and was driving through Hatch, NM and had no signal from Sprint or any roaming partner and still got navigation directions.

Just thought I'd post this up here. I decided to check out the OTA site and see what's up.

Also, if you download it directly from the device, it will tell you it can't recognize your device and you just hit Samsung, then Vibrant 4G.

I do not know if this works on non T-Mobile ROMs but I don't see why it wouldn't. Let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

fldude99

Oct 13, 2010
Can someone say what the little traffic light is for? Doesn't seem to do anything when turned on or off..thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay so if you go to the Telenav OTA site at ota.telenav.com/tn and click T-Mobile as your carrier, then click the Vibrant 4G, it is completely compatible with the Captivate. Basic navigation is now free (including voice navigation, automatic re-routing, etc) and the full premium navigation (which includes SPEED TRAPS among traffic and all sorts of other things) is only $2.99 a month - MUCH better than paying at&t $9.99 a month and this app is much better than the stock at&t Navigator app and worlds better than Google Navigation, which quite often thinks you aren't on the right road when you're dealing with a highly populated area with lots of roads.

Also, unlike Google Nav, TeleNav will continue to work without a tower signal, it will just tell you to turn without the street name. I know this from experience when I drove from Colorado to Arizona and was driving through Hatch, NM and had no signal from Sprint or any roaming partner and still got navigation directions.

Just thought I'd post this up here. I decided to check out the OTA site and see what's up.

Also, if you download it directly from the device, it will tell you it can't recognize your device and you just hit Samsung, then Vibrant 4G.

I do not know if this works on non T-Mobile ROMs but I don't see why it wouldn't. Let me know what you guys think.
    If I helped you guys, please remember the Thanks button - it really does a lot for credibility on the site. Thanks :)
    Telenav APK

Here's the APK should anyone want it.
    Glad everyone is loving it! It appears that this version is ONLY for the Vibrant 4G so its kick ass that it works on our phones. I used it for navigation today because I got so pissed with Google Navigation always thinking I'm on a street that I'm not and it was FLAWLESS the entire route.

I may very well may the 2.99 a month - sure beats 9.99 a month and the lane assistance is helpful when you're traveling somewhere you haven't been before. Nothing worse than being in the wrong exit lane and ending up either almost getting in an accident changing lanes at the last minute or ending up going the wrong way and finding 5 street lights with no U-turns and ending up 15 minutes out of your way before you can turn around.

By the way, I'm running this on Firefly, which already has amazing GPS, and Google Navigation still can't track me anywhere near as well as TeleNav. On top of that, the screen can be set to be off unless you're at a turn - massive battery saver over Google Nav.

Why wouldn't updates come through market? WebOFTrust flags that site as dangerous.