[APP] LUMOS v1.0 *FINAL* (Complete HTC Auto-Backlight replacement) [UPD.:08-02-2011]

Search This thread

nik3r

Feb 24, 2008
Budweis
. . . .
Lumos.png

. . . . (current version 1.0 FINAL)
More control. More battery. More comfort.

Lumos is fully customizable automatic backlight level changer developed as a complete replacement for stock HTC auto-backlight service. A wide range of HTC branded devices is supported starting from HTC Diamond/Touch Pro up to the current WM flagship HD2.

Lumos focuses on minimal CPU usage, maximum battery saving, low memory footprint while maintaining maximum backlight change smoothness and responsiveness. Lumos combines the best from all available auto-backlight solutions and adds many extras for your tweaking needs :)

Features:
- simple and clean installation and uninstalation
- extremely low CPU usage when working, 0.05-0.3% on polling
- NO battery and CPU overhead (drainage) unless you actively use your device's display
- low memory profile considering all the options
- simple and reliable configuration GUI with easy step-by-step calibration process
- many options that let you change every aspect of how your backlight works
- program exceptions to set different backlight for any application
- relative excaptions allow you to amplify/attenuate the automatic backlight for specific applications
- ability to force display ALWAYS ON for certain application
- integrated tool to detect all active application names, leave it running in the background and it will log all application names you use
- configuration failsafe. No matter what you do, Lumos won't crash, just tell you what is wrong and use defaults.
- supports vast majority of HTC branded devices since HTC Diamond
- many supported languages

See this thread for details and news and download:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=450318

Enjoy the light ;)

Last edited:

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
This is a nice idea!!

the standard auto-backlight thing is terrible!!

definitely trying this!! thanks for your work

nik3r

Feb 24, 2008
Budweis
I don't have Blackstone nor know anyone who has it personally, but I assume it will work, only the program resolution will be 4:3 so I expect it to have a white strip on the bottom.

Can anyone confirm that Lumos works on HTC Touch HD?
If it does I will add WVGA support in the next release.

PLEASE someone test it and if at all possible send me a screenshot of the Main tab so I can add native support for Blackstone. :)

Last edited:

Happy1602

Jul 17, 2008
How can i Ad TomTom to the excluions?
I try it with TomTom Navigator.exe as PRG nut it would not work!
THX for Help!

nik3r

Feb 24, 2008
Budweis
How can i Ad TomTom to the excluions?
I try it with TomTom Navigator.exe as PRG nut it would not work!
THX for Help!

PRG type means you are adding Window name (not process name).
Other options are for classes used in an application, you can view classes used in TaskManager 3 under Windows tab. I can't implement processes because this would increase CPU usage = bad for battery.

Name of the TT7 window is just 'TomTom Navigator' :)

I will update the original thread

mikkelnl

Dec 19, 2006
Uhm, am I doingg something wrong? On my Diamond, during the setup/calibration proces, the sensor only shows 0. When told to hold it in the dark or in the light, it always stays at 0...?

nik3r

Feb 24, 2008
Budweis
The sensor is placed in the front speaker, point it directly to a light bulb from close distance and do'n cover it with your finger.

If it still doesn't work, make sure any other auto-backlight app is disabled or it may be a hardware defect.

hanackin

Apr 6, 2008
toulouse
On my blackstone, for me the calibration is fine, when i'm in a dark room it says 0 and when under a table light it says 820 ;)

But once the calibration done, I don"t see any difference when I'm in a light room or a dark room... isn't it suppose to automatically adjust the backlight regarding the light values ? :confused:

I'm also confused with the last two steps of the wizard, the minimum/maximum desired values... when i set it, the backlight do not change on the google page... and if I don"t put the same values for minimum and maximum I get a window a the end of the wizard telling that I need to restart the wizard because the values are different.... can you please explain ....:(