[ROM][GSM][Unlocked Bootloaders] NXT ICS Revolution Xperia Play 4.1.B.0.587 STOPPED

Search This thread

Firehead

Jun 15, 2009
Having trouble installing the update. It just gets stuck on the Xperia logo. I've tried installing the update on top of previous .zip as well as by itself. No luck.

What might the problem be?

chery2k

Jun 13, 2012
Bay Area
Having trouble installing the update. It just gets stuck on the Xperia logo. I've tried installing the update on top of previous .zip as well as by itself. No luck.

What might the problem be?

R800x poster here im using lupus' v8 kernel and here's what I did do a fresh install of Markphton's first rom posted from this thread. (Let the rom boot up first). Turn your device off and go into go into recovery again click on "install zip from sdcard" and locate where you put the update zip and install it without wiping factory reset, dalviche cache and regular cache. Note: The update zip that was posted on this thread is not a standalone zip it requires the first rom to be installed first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Firehead

Firehead

Jun 15, 2009
R800x poster here im using lupus' v8 kernel and here's what I did do a fresh install of Markphton's first rom posted from this thread. (Let the rom boot up first). Turn your device off and go into go into recovery again click on "install zip from sdcard" and locate where you put the update zip and install it without wiping factory reset, dalviche cache and regular cache. Note: The update zip that was posted on this thread is not a standalone zip it requires the first rom to be installed first.

Ah, that should solve my issue. Thanks much!

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
Hi mark & guys

i still can't add time scape to the home screen !

if i add the time scape before update , i will remain after update ,but if i want to add new after update , nothing will appear !

i've cleared home-date and time scape-data ! but still the same !

is that just happening for me ? anybody elese has this problem too ??

akira.pwr

Mar 21, 2010
Vicenza
@androidseb: how can I install your ui and and widget? Normal apk install not works.

Can someone provide a working apk for gtalk? I use it a lot....
Thx

Inviato dal mio R800i con Tapatalk 2

markphyton

Sep 14, 2010
Vienna
Hi mark & guys

i still can't add time scape to the home screen !

if i add the time scape before update , i will remain after update ,but if i want to add new after update , nothing will appear !

i've cleared home-date and time scape-data ! but still the same !

is that just happening for me ? anybody elese has this problem too ??

Maybe the timescape widgte apk are damaged at flashing. Extract all apps from timescape also all with name timescape apps from the update.zip or unofficialics.zip and push it via root explorer to system apps. Reboot now should be working.

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

markphyton

Sep 14, 2010
Vienna
because Sony does not support this ICS rom?
If this is PERFECT!
because they could not do the job well.
Why not give this man credit for the wonderful work you are doing.
If Sony support this rom and would work together with this ROM!
I think we would have all our official ICS Xplay!
Including for locked bootloader. :)

No sony doesnt want support me any more :(. Because they mean the ics Rom are not stable enought for xperia play Hardware..... and they didnt want see xperia play with ics o_O. But i dont want stop this devlomping ^^ now i want more and i can say i have make this rom complet at my self :p

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
No sony doesnt want support me any more :(. Because they mean the ics Rom are not stable enought for xperia play Hardware..... and they didnt want see xperia play with ics o_O. But i dont want stop this devlomping ^^ now i want more and i can say i have make this rom complet at my self :p

you are our #1 man .

please don't care about sony and their *** politics .

you did it man , just a little bugs discovered and suerly will be solved on next updates .

Firehead

Jun 15, 2009
Hrm... seems I can't get SU for anything now. Not even SU -- it denies itself SU access. This is with and without the update in the market.

androidseb

Jan 6, 2012
Spremberg
@androidseb: how can I install your ui and and widget? Normal apk install not works.

Can someone provide a working apk for gtalk? I use it a lot....
Thx

Inviato dal mio R800i con Tapatalk 2

I have write it to every apk

Push the apks intro system/apps
And reboot your phone

Sent from my Xperia Play with Official ICS Test Release Xperia Play 4.0.4 and Advanced Stock Kernel by Doomlord

Reactions: akira.pwr

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo

Maybe the timescape widgte apk are damaged at flashing. Extract all apps from timescape also all with name timescape apps from the update.zip or unofficialics.zip and push it via root explorer to system apps. Reboot now should be working.

:D
you know
i just removed all my widgets from desktop , and now :) i can add timescape :victory: and other widgets again

chery2k

Jun 13, 2012
Bay Area
Yo mark can you fix airplane mode.
Each time i use airplane mode it greys out each time i use it. The only way for me to deactivate airplane mode is to go into the settings menu which is a bit tedious for me.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Hrm... seems I can't get SU for anything now. Not even SU -- it denies itself SU access. This is with and without the update in the market.

Correct in order to fix su you must update via android store. Most of mark's roms that have su are outdated.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Firehead

Jun 15, 2009
Yo mark can you fix airplane mode.
Each time i use airplane mode it greys out each time i use it. The only way for me to deactivate airplane mode is to go into the settings menu which is a bit tedious for me.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Correct in order to fix su you must update via android store. Most of mark's roms that have su are outdated.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Yeah, it doesn't even allow me SU access after updating.

akira.pwr

Mar 21, 2010
Vicenza
No problems for me about su, but seems link2sd don't works like before, I have to re add apps on folders after reboot, before it haven't to do it.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
hey guys

about SU issue, please update the SU to the latest vesion

my SU problem %80 solved .

- but about home , is there any way to keep the home launcher in memory ? cause some times it change the laucher dock setting !
- how can i have timescape friend & timescape feeds widgets ?
- i can't disable pattern on lockscreen :( , i had to set pattern to use PVN , but now, i can't disable the pattern and use NXT lockscreen :( ==> solved ==> i've deleted all credential ! but i think that is not a good solution
- when i connect me phone to computer " disconnect the SD cart " is not working ( most of times )

Last edited:

Firehead

Jun 15, 2009
Hmmm is your R800x the verizon model and are you using Lupus ICS beta kernel v8? Otherwise updating the su through the android store fixed root access for me. (And my r800x is from verizon)
Indeed, that is what I'm using.
hey guys

about SU issue, please update the SU to the latest vesion

my SU problem %80 solved .

- but about home , is there any way to keep the home launcher in memory ? cause some times it change the laucher dock setting !
- how can i have timescape friend & timescape feeds widgets ?
- i can't disable pattern on lockscreen :( , i had to set pattern to use PVN , but now, i can't disable the pattern and use NXT lockscreen :( ==> solved ==> i've deleted all credential ! but i think that is not a good solution
- when i connect me phone to computer " disconnect the SD cart " is not working ( most of times )
As stated above, this is with the update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Community! I Released now my Final Version of the NXT ICS Revolution Xperia Play 4.1.B.0.587 . I have spend lot of time at this Project and now the ROM get great Fruits.

INSTALL THIS ROM AND KERNELS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

NEXT RELEASE COMES IN NEXT DAYS ( Sunday 17.03.2013 delayed )

I have this Rom Optimized for Advance Stock Kernel! Maybe at other Kernels gives Bugs i have dont test it

What works:

All Finaly

Features:
    Wifi Hotspot ( look at the screenshots :p )
    BT Tethering
    USB tethering
    MTP full work ( show as R800i at PCsuite )
    MSC full work ( show as R800i at PCsuite )
    Auto Brightness
    GPS
    Notifaction Lamp
    Camera ( Video, Photo and Panaroma )
    Gamepads
    Touchpads
    Bravia Engine 2
    Xloud
    Walkman with Clearbass
    Dlna full work
    New Xperia Z Homelauncher
    Small Apps Xperia T
    Lockscreen Xperia Z
    Facebook insinde Xperia
    Superuser ( Pre Rooted )
    Storefont ( show only Games )
    Full Playstion Certified
    Statusbar with toogles
    Xperia Play Launcher with slide open Support
    2G/3G Toggle working
    Xperia T orginal Settings
    Clearphase
    3D Stereo Sound

How to install: ( Befor Install Read the complett Install Guide !!!!! )

Download the Rom and R800i_4.0.2.A.0.62_phoenixvendor.ftf

But the ROM on your SD card

Flash via Flashtool: R800i_4.0.2.A.0.62_phoenixvendor.ftf

Flash via Fastboot a ICS Kernel
    Here the Kernels:
    Doomkernel
    Lupus Kernel
    Advance Stock Kernel

Enter Recovery

go to Mount and Storage: Format: system,cache,data
    go to Advance wipe dalvik cache

Flash the Rom

after Install, install Kernel wifi modules:
    Doomlord
    Lupu (Lupus used stock Wifi modules)
    Stock

Wait it takes long time to Boot! and looks like a bootloop but it isnt a bootloop

Warning after Boot you have the Problem: Chinase Keyboard has stoped ignore that and click every time ok
    enter after boot settings Keyboard and change standart Keyboard: Xperia Keyboard

You will see now a many Duplicat!

Open ES strong File Explorer give him Root rights under settings.

go to system/vendor/app and delete the apps they you dont want!

extract from Rom zip the Vendor app folder and push it to System/vendor!

Now reboot and all works fine!

When you will the new Xperia Play launcher follow this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1679670

Download Link:

coming soon

Patches:

Thx to the Complett XDA Comunity ( for Bug reporting and Tipps )

when someone have problems with the ROM plz PM me and give a full report.

When you think the Rom is good and its this what you search plz Donate to me thx

Credits goes to: 2G/3G toggle fix ( imranaryan ), ThilinaC ( for Walkman and Xloud fix ) AeonWorld ( Lockscreen and Framework-res.apk) for Tut,Guides and decompiled files
    sry people for my long rest time i was not at home.

working at France :)...... but i come from austria ^^.

now iam finaly back.

i will now dev the V3 finish. just give me a little time.
    so poeple more infos to V3!!

I have removed the Semcsuite ( xperia play launcher ) because i mailed to sony why the Xperia Play launcher lagging and eats lot of RAM at 4.0.4

Sony answer: The Semcsuite.apk ( Xperia Play Launcher ) was not optimized for ICS 4.0.4 and will be never optimized.

so my action. Removed from System....

i have make some optimizing at this ROM. i minized it now atm i have 12MB free system space more will come :) and it runs stable and smooth.

what i have removed:

Appenabler
    Setup Wizard
    Updatecenter
    and many more sony bloatware.

what i have added:
    New Walkman from Xperia T
    full sync ( for Exchange and many more )
    Timescape fixed
    FB inside Xperia full work
    and many more

you will see all when i have released it.

Before iam releasing i will test some game preformenc and battery life.

plz give me a little time.