[SC-02C] Japan NTT DoCoMo Galaxy S II Users

Search This thread

martin_tokyo

Jun 17, 2012
I had this problem at first too but got GPS working. You need to go to System Settings -> Google (Under Accounts) -> Location Settings and turn the option to let Google apps access your location.

Thank you for this suggestion, but I was already aware of this requirement. I have emabled access for Google apps in the location settings, but GPS is not functioning at all. I'm not sure if you saw all the screenshots, but this isn't just a problem in Maps, no application, not even ones designed to test the phone's sensors, have any GPS functionality.

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
I'm uploading the leaked s2 jelly bean if anyone wants to install it.
I have included instructions on how to install it on the sc-02c

Please read them carefully in full before proceding with step 1.
If you don't understand anything then don't try it at all.
Please post your results here, but not any complaints.

It will be in the XDA folder on my Drive in a few hours after this post.

Enjoy.

Edit: Files removed. I just found this, which appears to do the job, but easier and with a kernel with cwm.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998205

Last edited:
Reactions: yusuf7x

jedherrera

Dec 6, 2009
CM10

Hi.

Im running CM10 onmy sc-02c, siyah kernel. I've noticed that I cannot force a 3G/H/H+ connection, therefore, I'm experiencing slow internet connection via mobile data. My modem is BVLP7
What should I do? :rolleyes:
Thank you.

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
Just updated my CM10 rom to the latest nightly. Updated a few system apps and the base.
It should be up in a bit. Check my Google Drive in about 2 hours after this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: knutola

umeraltaf

Oct 13, 2012
helppppp plzzzzz!!!!!

Hi Guys,
I recently got a Japanese phone Docomo MEDIAS ES N-05D from one of my friends, and its locked. I cant figure out a way to unlock it. Couldn't find much on Google as well. Is there any way to unlock it through Flashing a ROM or anything?? I know that Docomo Customer Service Centres can unlock it for you so I was wondering if it could be done by myself. Another thing I noticed is when I enter the Android System Recovery Menu it asks for a password when I go for the Wipe data/factory Reset.
oh and another thing, it asks for a Google account when i unlock the lock screen but when i enter mine it says not recognized...
so basically i cant even use the phone in any way possible
any help would be appreciated
i'd be more then happy even if i am able to unlock the phone let alone the carrier unlock

h83d

Sep 12, 2008
Just updated my CM10 rom to the latest nightly. Updated a few system apps and the base.
It should be up in a bit. Check my Google Drive in about 2 hours after this post.
thank you for this, I will try it tomorrow, I hope everything will be fine …
I will post any results later...

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
Hi Guys,
I recently got a Japanese phone Docomo MEDIAS ES N-05D from one of my friends, and its locked. I cant figure out a way to unlock it. Couldn't find much on Google as well. Is there any way to unlock it through Flashing a ROM or anything?? I know that Docomo Customer Service Centres can unlock it for you so I was wondering if it could be done by myself. Another thing I noticed is when I enter the Android System Recovery Menu it asks for a password when I go for the Wipe data/factory Reset.
oh and another thing, it asks for a Google account when i unlock the lock screen but when i enter mine it says not recognized...
so basically i cant even use the phone in any way possible
any help would be appreciated
i'd be more then happy even if i am able to unlock the phone let alone the carrier unlock

Google about "Android fastboot" and you might find a way to do it.

martin_tokyo

Jun 17, 2012

I have downloaded and installed this latest version, but my GPS is still completely unresponsive. I know the phone works because I did a complete reset over the weekend, and in earlier versions of Android the GPS works.

All other sensors and functions work with this ROM.

What do I need to do to get GPS working? Does the kernel matter (I'm using Siyah 5.0.1)?

(Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 issued in Japan)

knutola

May 18, 2007

I installed it on top of the cm9 and most is working as expected. Some apps are getting duplicated in name like clock, but I made a small script to remove some system apps to fix it. Very thankful for this cm10 version for the sc-02c.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
I installed it on top of the cm9 and most is working as expected. Some apps are getting duplicated in name like clock, but I made a small script to remove some system apps to fix it. Very thankful for this cm10 version for the sc-02c.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Oh sorry, forgot to mention. I stuck the 4.2 Google Apps on top of the cm10 base.
So this did put 2 clocks on the system.

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
I've been playing with the cm10 rom now for a week or two. It's way to buggy for me.
Doesn't work well at all. I'm going to build 1 last cm10 without the 4.2 gapps.
I'm going to build an updated cm9 because it hasn't been updated in a while.

Then I will be experimenting with a new base.

You can pick whichever you like.

Stay tuned.

martin_tokyo

Jun 17, 2012
Following advice I saw in a post here, I checked out Sakuramilk's page where there is a tweak file that might fix the GPS on my phone.

I downloaded TweakGS2 as a zip file, but it doesn't install. I think it's just a GitHub way of downloading files, not actually a zip for flashing on an Android.

Is there a zip or anything on Sakruamilk's page that I can use to fix my GPS?

Or, in any case, how do I get GPS working on my Docomo Galaxy S2 SC-02C?

h83d

Sep 12, 2008
I have downloaded and installed this latest version, but my GPS is still completely unresponsive. I know the phone works because I did a complete reset over the weekend, and in earlier versions of Android the GPS works.

All other sensors and functions work with this ROM.

What do I need to do to get GPS working? Does the kernel matter (I'm using Siyah 5.0.1)?

(Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 issued in Japan)
same with you, better to wait for updated one...

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
Following advice I saw in a post here, I checked out Sakuramilk's page where there is a tweak file that might fix the GPS on my phone.

I downloaded TweakGS2 as a zip file, but it doesn't install. I think it's just a GitHub way of downloading files, not actually a zip for flashing on an Android.

Is there a zip or anything on Sakruamilk's page that I can use to fix my GPS?

Or, in any case, how do I get GPS working on my Docomo Galaxy S2 SC-02C?

TweakGS2 is an apk configurator for SakuraMilk based kernels. It's similar to the ExTweaks apps for Siyah.
You'd have to extract the zip and install the apk inside.

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
OK, I've created a new rom based on the Chameleon rom base.

It's a Samsung backend with AOKP (Google style) interface on top.
So it looks and acts like CM9 but it has the stability and features (such as TV out) of the stock ROM.

This rom will install the Siyah 3.5.2 NTT mod kernel and SC-02C modem.
You can install any other compatable kernel on top if you wish.
I have included all the usual tweaks/fixes.

Please do a wipe/factory reset.

Please let me know of any problems, or comments.
If you want to stream music/videos from your PC, I'd recomend the Plex app. You can get it on Google Play.

The rom will be available soon on Google Drive.

jerald197

May 20, 2011
i installed the leak 4.1.2 JB firmware on my galaxy s2 sc-02c, and when i flash the modem for sc-02c my gps still didnt work.

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
I think we can make a kernel module to fix gps of the jb leak.
But have no experience of kernel development.
Is there any one can complete gps fix module code here:http://db.tt/QAFbppz3

I guess if you could unpack the kernel and hex edit the required value and then repack, it would just work.
It looks like you'd just be changing a string value too.

But I have no experience of this. I've only every modded Windows apps, nothing linux and nothing ARM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NTT DoCoMo SC-02C FAQ in progress, coming soon...

Q: What is the difference between the SC-02C and other Galaxy S II models?
    A: The FM radio on the "international I9100" is missing, and in its place is an ISDB-T digital TV receiver. (Similar to but using a different broadcast protocol as the DMB receivers in the korean M250 models) The SC-02C does not have NFC capabilities, like all models except the M250.

Q: How can I unlock the SC-02C?
    A: The unlock used for other early Galaxy S II models will not work on the SC-02C. You can have the handset unlocked at your nearest DoCoMo shop for 3150 yen (tax-inclusive). This does not supposed to affect your monthly billing.

Q: Where can I find original SC-02C firmware if I need to return the handset for service?
    A: There is not an official version of the OMKF2 firmware that the earliest released handsets came with, however you may obtain a copy of the first update, OMKG5, here.

Q: What is the current version firmware?
    A: The final firmware version is OMMP7 (Android 4.0.3)

Q: What's the deal with tethering?
    A: If you use tethering (i.e. mobile access point) you may find your monthly pakehodai charge has increased to 10,395 yen/mo. Its suspected that turning the built-in tether feature switches you invisibly to a different APN which generates an increase on the bill.

Q: How do I activate the Palette UI that Docomo is advertising?
    A: Use the 'Home Switcher' application or clear the defaults for 'TwLauncher' in Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.

Q: Can I use I9100 images (and custom ones) on the SC-02C (or vice-versa)?
    A: To an extent yes, there are a couple issues:
    1. The kernel/baseband must be for SC-02C or else you will lose GPS/One-Seg functionality. (You can generally flash these back after installing a custom image)
    2. The SC-02C has a different partition layout, FACTORYFS is 100MB larger than I9100 and HIDDEN is 100MB smaller. The disk usage on the current OMxxx images does not exceed the size of the I9100 partition, however it is VERY close and the SC-02C's partition table was likely laid out different to allow for additional growth.
    The bad news is that Docomo firmwares do not contain an Sbl.bin file, so you can not fix your boot logo that way. The good news is that someone ripped the Sbl.bin file from their phone over a year ago, this one also works with the usb jig. So it's a win/win. You can download it from my DropBox go to the !SC-02C folder, download SBL-SC02COMKF2.zip extract it and flash the tar with odin.

I did the same thing as you, this is how I fixed it. Also if you'd like to use the GPS/compass fix and get some nice tweaks as well, youy can flash my mod in my DropBox's Simmo's Mod folder. Download the zip file with Siyah in the name, and install with ClockworkMod.

Good luck.

hello, Im a user of Docomo SC-02C GS2, can u help me?
    I flashed a firmware of european model and now I lost the "Docomo" logo at the boot.
    I think it is because I had flashed the file includes "boot.bin", and "sbl.bin".

Now I can flash the original firmware (from SC-02C_DCM_SC02COMKG5_SC02CDCMKG5_SC02COMKG5.exe) without problem.

This is the current Version on my phone:
    PDA: SC02COMKG5
    PHONE: SC-2COMKG5
    CSC: SC02CDCMKG5

Build Info: Sat Jul 16 06:05:10 KST 2011

There is no problem to use the telefone.
    But at the boot of the telefone, it shows "Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100". (Before was "Docomo" ....)

Can you tell me how to rebranding to a original docomo-logo (it maybe caused by european boot.bin??)

Thank you.
    Now siyah kernel support both international i9100 and SC-02C in a single kernel image.Just download the latest version from gokhanmoral's web site and add a script in /system/etc/init.d/ gps will work for SC-02C.

Code:
    #!/sbin/busybox sh
    echo 16 > /proc/sys/kernel/rom_feature_set
    sleep 5
    chown root.system /sys/class/sec/gps/GPS_PWR_EN/value
    chmod 664 /sys/class/sec/gps/GPS_PWR_EN/value
    A CWM flashable script:
    https://dl-web.dropbox.com/s/g47a9r0dz14w0wj/S99FixNTTGPS.zip
    Flash CM10 rom,then kernel build by me,then ics compass fix,that's all.
    You may wipe cache and data。
    If you use sc-02c stock rom,you should remove assert script in CM10 rom(Open the zip, go to META-INF/com/google/android/update-sctipt. Remove the top 6 lines with the assert then repack).
    @wjchen0: Did you flash CM10 rom cook for I9100 version first, or just flash CM10 kernel that you built?
    I want to enjoy JB as soon as posible... Can't wait for Docomo support :((
    Thank you very much for your reply, currently my phone use
    DXLP7
    2.6.35.7-I9100XWKK5-CL754841root@Dell144#2
    I am going to root my phone to use root explorer.
    so as your instruction, i have to download xxxOMKL4xxx.tar file and use root explorer to copy the files as you mentioned to the phone right?
    Many Thanks

You should rename sensors.*.so(sorry I forgot the name) to sensors.GT-i9100.so or sensors.default.so first,then just replace the files.
    Here is siyah kernel and speedmod kernel for sc-02c ics compiled by me, GPS works fine.I hope this can help.
    blogger.wjchen.co.cc/?p=29001