Can You Unlock Bootloader for Verizon Nexus 7 32GB 2013 4G/LTE tablet?...

Search This thread

droidshadow

Dec 28, 2012
Hello everyone,

So i am about to purchase the Nexus 7 32GB 2013 4G/LTE tablet from Verizon tomorrow and I really need to get some confirmation about if i am able to unlock the bootloader for this tablet.

Now i have the Nexus 7 2013 Wifi only tablet which is code name FLO and i know that the N7 32GB 2013 4G/LTE tablet is code named "DEB" but i am not sure about the Verizon Model of this tablet.

I know that Verizon has a habit of locking/encrypting their bootloaders on some of their devices so that no customizations can be done, for example how they did on the S4, NOTE3 and the S3 after the Android 4.3 update.

Does anyone here have a 4G Nexus 7 tablet from Verizon and were you able to unlock your bootloader?

Considering that the Nexus 7 is a google product i am almost positive that I should be able to unlock the bootloader, but I want to be 100% sure before i spend $300 dollars!

If anyone could help confirm this for me i would really really appreciate the assistance.

Thank you all for your time and your assistance.

-droidshadow

droidshadow

Dec 28, 2012
So I know this is a very late reply to this thread but I want to close it down and let everyone know that yes you can unlock the bootloader on the Verizon Nexus 7 deb tablet. It unlocks just like the Flo tablet...very very easy.

I hope this helps out anyone else thinking of getting the nexus 7 2013 on the Verizon network.

Droidshadow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Explore3

Mar 6, 2011
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 7 Pro
So I know this is a very late reply to this thread but I want to close it down and let everyone know that yes you can unlock the bootloader on the Verizon Nexus 7 deb tablet. It unlocks just like the Flo tablet...very very easy.

I hope this helps out anyone else thinking of getting the nexus 7 2013 on the Verizon network.

Droidshadow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Once you unlock the bootloader, can you install the standard LTE roms? I am trying to determine if you can get LTE speeds on a GSM network.