Root Tips

Search This thread

r.storm85

Sep 20, 2010
Sup guys I have a moto x on sprint and I'm on 4.4.2. I'm not sure if I want to root. I just heard some people getting great battery life and I'm not its just average. Maybe 3 hours screen on with 12 hours total before dead. So I think its some apps giving me wakelocks but I need root to find out now. Also app ops and/or greenify I'm sure will help. Now otherwise the phone is perfect. I'm no noob to root so I know what it is.

What I want to know is what's the easiest way to unlock boot loader, root install recovery and probably do xposed?

Then is there a way to totally revert back to stock with locked boot loader for warranty claims?

Thanks guys

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Darth

Your battery times may be completely normal.....depending on what features you leave on, apps you've installed that access those features.....screen brightness, games, how much you make/get calls, signal strength....etc...etc.

My point is, those times you get aren't necessarily cause of an issue.....could be anything above too. Root won't help on its own.....its setup and usage that determine average battery times. :)

r.storm85

Sep 20, 2010
Cool thanks. So root will cause void of warranty. I have the Motorola esp insurance. Do you think it also voids that? As a cracked screen has nothing to do with root.

Ya I agree. I'm not sure on root yet still checking app settings. Thing is all the apps on my phone are there for a reason. Don't play games and it seems all my settings are good. Im just getting awake time when my screen is off so something is happening and I can't figure it out. Is there anything without root I can use to determine the wake lock?

D

Darth

Ya I agree. I'm not sure on root yet still checking app settings. Thing is all the apps on my phone are there for a reason. Don't play games and it seems all my settings are good. Im just getting awake time when my screen is off so something is happening and I can't figure it out. Is there anything without root I can use to determine the wake lock?

You pretty much need root to see that stuff....on kit kat anyway.

r.storm85

Sep 20, 2010
You pretty much need root to see that stuff....on kit kat anyway.

Ya that's what I've seen. I really don't want root if I could get another 3-4 hrs of total and another hour of screen on time. And I know it all depends on usage but it seems that isn't too much to ask from this phone when its running right

SymbioticGenius

Aug 24, 2012
Look at all the apps you have.

Uninstall any that haven't been updated this year.

???

Profit.

Basically with the restructure of kit kat apps that haven't been updated for it are causing unnecessary wakelocks, basically not closing properly.

r.storm85

Sep 20, 2010
Look at all the apps you have.

Uninstall any that haven't been updated this year.

???

Profit.

Basically with the restructure of kit kat apps that haven't been updated for it are causing unnecessary wakelocks, basically not closing properly.

I'll take a look. Weird is I just switched to art to see how it does and my android is usage went from 20% down to 10%. And its a lot better now. Maybe art really helps on 4.2.2?