[Q] my pc dosen't see TS

Search This thread

rocsko

Apr 13, 2014
if i connect my TS to PC, my PC don't like TS storage, so i can't copy to TS. What's the problem?

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
Might be your cradle. Some owners have reported that they can charge through their cradle but that the two inner clips for data don't work. Maybe try lifting the cradle's pins a bit by gently prying them up ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2014
I had the exact same problem when I first got the TS. I had to use a wifi file transfer app (i.e. wifi file transfer pro or airdroid) to put data on the TS. I still had the problem after installing newer firmware and EnSec security. Once I installed the bluetooth tether ROM, it was fixed and I can transfer files through USB.

Tones2

Oct 13, 2007
I'm having this same issue. I can't connect via usb for any PC I've tried. With Win 8 or Win 7. I tried both of my chargers and several cables with no luck.

Does anyone have any other solution?.

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
Tones2, defective TrueSmart. Or multiple defective cradles.

Tones2

Oct 13, 2007
Tones2, defective TrueSmart. Or multiple defective cradles.

Let me be more specific. My PC SEES that it's a true smart. I can eject it. It also creates two new "removable drives" when I plug it in. However when I click on those removable drives, nothing happens except a message that says" Please insert a removable disk into this drive".

I'm using Windows 8. I've tried 3 different chargers, 3 different cables and 3 different PCs (one with Win 7). I do NOT have an SD card installed, it that makes any difference.

Tony

rocsko

Apr 13, 2014
If i can not fix this connecting problem, then how can i use Play Store anyway?
Thx

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
When you connect your TrueSmart to the USB you should then be able to pull down from the Notification Bar and see your USB connection options. Select mpt or ptp or USB storage from there.

If you haven't got an SD card installed yet you can still see your phone's emulated SD card storage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tones2

Tones2

Oct 13, 2007
When you connect your TrueSmart to the USB you should then be able to pull down from the Notification Bar and see your USB connection options. Select mpt or ptp or USB storage from there.

If you haven't got an SD card installed yet you can still see your phone's emulated SD card storage.

Thanks! I had to connect this as a MEDIA DEVICE for this to work. It does not work as USB sorage device, which it defaults to. But it did work finally with that change. THANKS!!!

Tony

A_Snail

Feb 14, 2014
I've got the same problem on Windows 8 not recognising my device. The suggestion is to pull down the notification Bar (I assume that's on the Watch, from the top of the screen). In my case I get the phone provider on the screen, and at the top of the screen, options to go to the time menu or top right more settings. If I go top right and select the settings, I can turn stuff on and off like WIFI, GPS, etc but I don't see anything to change the USB connection options. Am I looking in the wrong place?

If it helps, I'm using a 1/8 EU version with out any modifications (other than a few things downloaded via WIFI)

Last edited:

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London
Hi guys,

I had the problem until I noticed from the notifications bar you have to click on the USB notification and then this brings up a screen with a button that you click to activate USB Drive, this then instantly mounts your drives... I'm using Windows 8 and I have just loaded loads of music onto mine...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.