[Q] Any sollutions for l5 II e460 security error?

Search This thread

carpenter_

May 30, 2014
Unfortunately after an unsuccessful update I am getting "security error" after powering on my l5 e460. Only thing I can do is to go into the download mode. I tried both the online and offline methods to flash kdz but the result is same. Security error!! The drivers are installed and I do not get an error during the kdz flash but nothing changes. I also tried lgnpst lab tool but couldn't find the proper dll for lg l5 II. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

franqo

May 17, 2013
tucuman
Hi dude the solution is update your phone with the LG support tool,

Sent from my LG-E451g using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

carpenter_

May 30, 2014
Are you able to start your phone in emergency mode?

DLL is included in appropriate KDZ file. You can use LGExtract tool to get DLL out of that.

Yes I am able to start in download mode. I also extracted dll and bin file from kdz. But still no chance. The LGNPST tool doesn't recognize the dll file. I tried to register the dll file but couldn't manage. I tried msny kdz files via LG Support tool but the result is the same. Both the online and oflline flashing procedures couldn't manage to get rid of security error. Thanks for your help

carpenter_

May 30, 2014
Hi dude the solution is update your phone with the LG support tool,

Sent from my LG-E451g using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dude I have tried to update my phone many times via both online and offline procedures. the flashing procedures finish due to some interruptions such as reconnecting the phone again alerts. But at the and again and again security error! For instance when I flash a kdz for lg e460, the led light of the home button lights green or red when charging. But when I flash a kdz for lg e455 the led doesn't light. This means that the kdz is flashed successfully. Or at least something has changed inside the phone. But security error issue still remains. Might the reason be because of a hardware issue or recovery issue? By the way the phone is not rooted unfortunately. If it had benn rooted, I could have flashed the recovery or system.img. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for your help

Alen63

Jun 16, 2016
e460 "security error" problem

Hi there, I have the same problem with my LG-E460. My phone got stuck on security error. I tried multiple times flashing a .kdz file via LG Mobile Support Tool, but during an installation process the app stop's responding the only thing I can do is to switch it off :/ Any ideas how to repair this soft-bricked device?