[Q] Stock Android/removal of LG customization?

Search This thread

johnflorin

Feb 23, 2010
Bucharest
Hey there,

I'm considering this phone and was wondering if there is any way to remove or deactivate the cheesy LG stuff...I understand that by rooting an Android phone I can remove extra apps, but what about customizations like the Home menu at the bottom? In a review of an HTC Android phone (and indeed on my current HTC Diamond 2), the funky Sense interface is just a switch away from being disabled if I so desire...is that also possible on LG phones?

Thanks in advance!

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
You can easily install Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher or anything else and you get rid of the LG Interface.

No root needed!

joshuarr

Dec 23, 2010
Hey there,

I'm considering this phone and was wondering if there is any way to remove or deactivate the cheesy LG stuff...I understand that by rooting an Android phone I can remove extra apps, but what about customizations like the Home menu at the bottom? In a review of an HTC Android phone (and indeed on my current HTC Diamond 2), the funky Sense interface is just a switch away from being disabled if I so desire...is that also possible on LG phones?

Thanks in advance!
You can install a new home if you want. Launcher Pro is nice and it also allows you to hide unwanted apps from the launcher so you don't have to remove them. ;)

Last edited: