Not to start something but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
R U Serious??? There are enough threads in this forum for you to know that what you stated is not true. There is a thread that clearly states some LTE sites are going live THIS MONTH.

There is another thread that shows sprints fingerprint and which areas will be getting LTE and when.

You can go check those out and then you will actually be informed and not have to post bad information and risk the chance of getting flamed. :D:D

What do you mean I just read an article someone on here posted that said 2013 rollouts begin in Texas Baltimore and Kansas city. Maybe next month are just tests? I have yet to read anything about lte rolling out before that. So if you can post a link for me I'd like to read it. I'm not trying to start anything and will be the first to admit I'm wrong. I'd rather read legit sites about it than user speculation.

Btw I didn't post bad information. I didn't post information at all. Read my first sentence. It's a question. The rest is my opinion. You're telling me I should be flamed for that? Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Last edited:

woody296

Jul 17, 2010
I am a sprint customer and have been for years. This has the potential to be a great phone,but at it's current price point it is not. While many people say they don't need mobile data service you are paying for it and not getting it. That is the problem i have. People ***** about apple people being sheep and many of us are doing the same here. I believe the phone should be free or about 50 bucks until lte is live in your market. In the majority of markets there is no other carrier that has a "flagship" phone as handicapped as this one.I know "well don't buy it then" I am trying to show my brothers and sisters that impulse buying of this phone may not be a great thing, think about it.

Reactions: Skizzy034

Wakawaka024

Aug 25, 2010
I am a sprint customer and have been for years. This has the potential to be a great phone,but at it's current price point it is not. While many people say they don't need mobile data service you are paying for it and not getting it. That is the problem i have. People ***** about apple people being sheep and many of us are doing the same here. I believe the phone should be free or about 50 bucks until lte is live in your market. In the majority of markets there is no other carrier that has a "flagship" phone as handicapped as this one.I know "well don't buy it then" I am trying to show my brothers and sisters that impulse buying of this phone may not be a great thing, think about it.

Free or $50 really? You do realize lte is rolling out now, and the phone has 3g. Go take a look at the $50 phones out there.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: stang04

woody296

Jul 17, 2010
lte rolling out right now is no different than a promise made by a politician,until it's actually live in a market and works from point a to point b its vaporware, and one third of our bill or more is paid to support that network. Look at all the other carriers, data usage is what is monitored the most and thats what you get charged the most for. Hell i'd be willing to pay an extra $10 a month for unlimited lte once it works but until then i'd be giving them $30 a month for nothing, hence the free phone thought. (amazon wireless shows s2 touch for one cent on sprint i guess the new evo is worth 50 bucks more)

Last edited:

blkswanpres

Mar 15, 2008
Claxton

If I were to buy a 3G smartphone from Sprint I would pay the same cost for data, I want the phone for it's hardware which is amazing. I am in an office 9 hrs a day then at home, or when I am around town almost all the places I go have wifi, so I only have to worry about 3G when I am on the road, which if I am driving is definitely a non issue.

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com

I agree 100%

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
If I were to buy a 3G smartphone from Sprint I would pay the same cost for data, I want the phone for it's hardware which is amazing. I am in an office 9 hrs a day then at home, or when I am around town almost all the places I go have wifi, so I only have to worry about 3G when I am on the road, which if I am driving is definitely a non issue.

I too have WiFi everywhere but it really sucks when there isn't WiFi and data speeds are so bad. You think it won't be an issue but it's very noticeable. Hardware is only half of what makes a phone great. What happens when you are somewhere with no WiFi and you wanna show someone your cool phone and it takes forever to connect to anything?

jeeplj8

Apr 25, 2011

By the time LTE exists in your market, maybe this device will be $50. Of course you can go get a free device or $50 at your local Sprint store right now that will fulfill all your needs. This device is a flagship device, and that means it is not intended for every Sprint customer. For those that want/need the hardware capacity, form factor, latest generation OS and eventual LTE support, then it is for them.

Impulse buying of any phone, or anything really is certainly not a great thing, but you may be missing the forest by yelling at the trees. Remember that when the Evo came out very few people could use 4g. It was still agreat device, with a loyal following and actually competes well with handsets today.

Sebrina

Jun 11, 2006
By the time LTE exists in your market, maybe this device will be $50. Of course you can go get a free device or $50 at your local Sprint store right now that will fulfill all your needs. This device is a flagship device, and that means it is not intended for every Sprint customer. For those that want/need the hardware capacity, form factor, latest generation OS and eventual LTE support, then it is for them.

Impulse buying of any phone, or anything really is certainly not a great thing, but you may be missing the forest by yelling at the trees. Remember that when the Evo came out very few people could use 4g. It was still agreat device, with a loyal following and actually competes well with handsets today.

Not true at all by the time I get LTE oh wait we're getting LTE within the next 60 days nevermind, even if I wasn't coming from a 2 year old smartphone this is one hell of an upgrade. While you can surely go to AT&T or Big Red and get blazing fast internet speeds in 2 weeks you'll be crying foul as they start to gouge you blind with overage charges because they give you a Telsa rocket car with a 1/2 a gallon of fuel.

woody296

Jul 17, 2010
As has been said many times before you can't really compare the wimax 4g rollout with lte. With wimax sprint still had pretty good 3g as a backup now in most markets the 3g is a joke so there is no backup. The only way to blow up this thread would be if sprint would do lte on schedule or sooner and i hope that happens as we all win. But you know how promises go.....;) I just wish people wouldn't say "were getting lte on....." For all we know all the money got handed to apple and we've got $50 bucks leftover for lte.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skizzy034

fernando sor

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall
ive given this some thought and at first i was going to wait on this phone. i have the rezound and the evo 3d and it will cost me 140 just to be able to purchase the phone on contract.
funny thing is i get amazing reception from sprint in my office were as verizon totally fails in there. im at work and home mostly being older and if need be i can tether from my rezound which when 4g is rocking the speed is amazing.
i think the one x line is a winner ( evo4glte being part of that line) and i really want to own one.

FattySparks

Jul 14, 2010
St. Louis, MO
lte rolling out right now is no different than a promise made by a politician,until it's actually live in a market and works from point a to point b its vaporware, and one third of our bill or more is paid to support that network. Look at all the other carriers, data usage is what is monitored the most and thats what you get charged the most for. Hell i'd be willing to pay an extra $10 a month for unlimited lte once it works but until then i'd be giving them $30 a month for nothing, hence the free phone thought. (amazon wireless shows s2 touch for one cent on sprint i guess the new evo is worth 50 bucks more)

How is the Flagship crApple iPhone 4s not handicapped. It doesn't have 4g, even though almost every carrier has had LTE for about a year and a half now. And that extra $10 a month is still a hell of a lot cheaper than any other carrier, not to mention the unlimited data.

slayer69

Jul 3, 2009
San Diego, CA.
ive given this some thought and at first i was going to wait on this phone. i have the rezound and the evo 3d and it will cost me 140 just to be able to purchase the phone on contract.
funny thing is i get amazing reception from sprint in my office were as verizon totally fails in there. im at work and home mostly being older and if need be i can tether from my rezound which when 4g is rocking the speed is amazing.
i think the one x line is a winner ( evo4glte being part of that line) and i really want to own one.

You should be careful using your phone while next to the deep fryer......that could be devastating to the french fries.

fernando sor

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall
How is the Flagship crApple iPhone 4s not handicapped. It doesn't have 4g, even though almost every carrier has had LTE for about a year and a half now. And that extra $10 a month is still a hell of a lot cheaper than any other carrier, not to mention the unlimited data.

So true bro. It doesn't matter as the title has a 4 in it so they THINK they have 4g.
Seriously is there anything more pathetic then the tech knowledge of an iPhone user?

grown in bad light to be a bad seed

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
As has been said many times before you can't really compare the wimax 4g rollout with lte. With wimax sprint still had pretty good 3g as a backup now in most markets the 3g is a joke so there is no backup. The only way to blow up this thread would be if sprint would do lte on schedule or sooner and i hope that happens as we all win. But you know how promises go.....;) I just wish people wouldn't say "were getting lte on....." For all we know all the money got handed to apple and we've got $50 bucks leftover for lte.

Exactly. They spent so much for the iPhone. Perhaps these promises were made before that. I forgot how long it was said before they would break even on that. It's known that they bet the company on it. So I don't see how they can spend all this money on upgrading the network when they owe so much.

Last edited:

woody296

Jul 17, 2010
The only carrier that an iphone is crippled on is sprint. Everyone else (in most areas) has 3g that is faster than our wimax. Talk about buying a turd all the way, an iphone on sprint makes zero sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since this thread has degenerated to an iphone discussion I'm going to go ahead and close it.

I trust the OPs question has been answered by now.
    Many reasons to upgrade...

like mentioned before the phone itself is an upgrade without LTE!!

And for the comment, "...lets not forget the WiMax fiasco..." that was all on Clearwire not Sprint. Big difference. Yes Sprint has majority ownership in Clearwire but they do NOT handle the day-to-day decisions for them in any way. The rollout of LTE/NetworkVision is being done by Sprint and already well underway as the contractors have been assigned their areas and are on the ground doing the work right now across the US. Its happening whether people want to believe it or not.

Now, if you live in a well covered WiMax area and use WiMax a ton right now & are not in one of the cities set to get NetworkVision in round 1(link in my sig), THEN I completely understand NOT getting this device as you will lose your WiMax and be without any 4G use for a long period of time.
    I don't think most people are buying the phone for the LTE capabilities. They just want to upgrade to the newest, and some say, hottest phone coming to Sprint this year. There's nothing wrong with that IMO. :)
    Data capabilities get too much attention. Who cares. I have Wifi and 3G. Hasn't bothered me yet having only them two.
    The one thing I know is that in 2 years, I won't feel as if I need a bigger screen size.

Take that technology timeline.