Is Kingo root safe???

Search This thread

ody12

Jan 19, 2014
so i just rooted my s3 t999 running 4.3 then i read something that kingo root not safe. does anybody know about this? any info would be appreciate, thanks in advance.

AAbounegm

Feb 22, 2014
Cairo
I can verify this, too. I rooted about 5-6 devices with it, and it did it flawlessly with them all.

What I remember using it with is the Samsung Galaxy SII (i9100 and i9100g) and a Tab 3 and others which I don't remember.

However, all it does is that it installs SuperSU to your device only, and nothing else. One Click Root is also as known as Kingo, but it installs a custom recovery, too, if you choose to.

Reactions: teeve

ody12

Jan 19, 2014
I can verify this, too. I rooted about 5-6 devices with it, and it did it flawlessly with them all.

What I remember using it with is the Samsung Galaxy SII (i9100 and i9100g) and a Tab 3 and others which I don't remember.

However, all it does is that it installs SuperSU to your device only, and nothing else. One Click Root is also as known as Kingo, but it installs a custom recovery, too, if you choose to.

kingo root is safe, if it dumbs anything onto your phone just delete them, i have safely rooted a couple cheap phones with it and see no problem.

Yes I have also successfully rooted my device but I read online that kingo send the imei number and other sensitive information to a server in China.. have you heard about this?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

AAbounegm

Feb 22, 2014
Cairo
Yes I have also successfully rooted my device but I read online that kingo send the imei number and other sensitive information to a server in China.. have you heard about this?

I never heard about it, but I just googled it and you seem to be right. But I had it rooted for more than 8 months now, and I see no problems at all. I think that it uploads your IMEI code to their servers for 2 reasons. To know what is your device and get the correct rooting files so that it doesn't load your computer with a huge amount of files for devices that you don't have, and the 2nd reason is maybe they keep a counter or something like that of the number of devices rooted using their app. I said I am not sure about this, but I predict these are the reasons. And again, I didn't have any issues at all since I rooted my phone. However, if you just want to feel safe you can use One Click Root.

This is a post by a Forum Moderator speaking about that: xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2503591&page=5

Last edited:

sonyu

Jun 9, 2014
so i just rooted my s3 t999 running 4.3 then i read something that kingo root not safe. does anybody know about this? any info would be appreciate, thanks in advance.

It's about trust! I don't know which phone/s you own, but for Sony smartphones/phablets there's Flashtool.
Personally, I prefer rooting my phone with Flashtool.
Some of its key features:
- unlock bootloader
- root
- ROM flashing
- kernel flashing

I never tried Kingo and I've heard only bad things about it.
What I used in the past- never experienced any trouble- is Vroot. Just to be sure, I followed these steps:
Install Vroot
Let it download the drivers for your phone
Turn off your Internet Connection
Connect phone
Root it
uninstall Vroot
delete all "leftovers"

It won't work with Kingo. Kingo wants you to stay connected to the Internet for some odd reasons. I'm paranoid, so I would never recommend it! What if it sends your phone's IMEI, ID, number to their servers?

Again, it's all about trust!

Last edited:
Reactions: _Blaze

ody12

Jan 19, 2014
It's about trust! I don't know which phone/s you own, but for Sony smartphones/phablets there's Flashtool.
- unlock bootloader
- root
- ROM flashing
- kernel flashing

What I used in the past- never experienced any trouble- is Vroot. Just to be sure, I followed these steps:
Install Vroot
Connect phone
Root it
uninstall Vroot
delete all "leftovers"

It won't work with Kingo. Kingo wants you to stay connected to the Internet for some odd reasons. I'm paranoid, so I would never recommend it! What if it sends your phone's IMEI, ID, number to their servers?

What bad things have tou heard about Kingo?

ody12

Jan 19, 2014
- unlock bootloader
- root
- ROM flashing
- kernel flashing

Install Vroot
Connect phone
Root it
uninstall Vroot
delete all "leftovers"

How do you know it doesn't send your sensitive info to there servers before you turn off your internet connection? ??

WaltA

Nov 26, 2008
I guess it depends on what you consider "safe".

I used KingoRoot to root my tablet, and after it was done, I found under Developer Options, Process, these KingoRoot background apps ...

SuperUser (ads.process)
SuperUser

Its the first one, that fits my definition of "unsafe".

coacoapuffs

Jul 7, 2013
I know this thread is old but I thought I'd add more warnings to Kingoroot.

I just tried to root my phone using Kingoroot. The apk installed and root just fine on Android 4.x.x. and it does require internet connection. It doesnt tell u what it uses it for.

Any ways, I tried to use Kingoroot again on Android 7.x.x and the apk failed the root so I downloaded the PC rooting program from their site. Low and behold, it downloaded a bunch of malwares and virus as bundle.

Long story short, stay far far away from Kingoroot.

Apr 4, 2018
KingoRoot update 2018

So installing the Kingoroot Android for PC on my laptop = loads of ****e installed on laptop
Running kingoroot and connecting phone = failed root & loads of ****e installed on phone.

So NO. This software only installs crapware, and does not root android LG phones
(tried with 3 phones - silly me!!)

PROOF AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
(wankers)

lesdense

Mar 27, 2011
LG G6
Samsung Galaxy S10
Can Kingoroot be made "safe"?

I've read plenty of sketchy stuff about Kingoroot. Even so, suppose you use a phone that has no SIM card, that has no Gmail (or a fake Gmail) account attached to it. If Kingoroot would root such a phone, couldn't you get root with it then install TWRP, use TWRP to completely wipe the device, then either reinstall rooted stock or a custom ROM?

Jul 31, 2017
Mexico City
I've read plenty of sketchy stuff about Kingoroot. Even so, suppose you use a phone that has no SIM card, that has no Gmail (or a fake Gmail) account attached to it. If Kingoroot would root such a phone, couldn't you get root with it then install TWRP, use TWRP to completely wipe the device, then either reinstall rooted stock or a custom ROM?

Have you tried that?

DontMessWithJohan

Jan 2, 2019
Stockholm

Sure I have, and you can expect this to be common practice on every corner. That's just the reality of today's big data collection. So I wouldn't exactly call the root "unsafe" based on that.

Guts.

Mar 4, 2020
So installing the Kingoroot Android for PC on my laptop = loads of ****e installed on laptop
Running kingoroot and connecting phone = failed root & loads of ****e installed on phone.

So NO. This software only installs crapware, and does not root android LG phones
(tried with 3 phones - silly me!!)

PROOF AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
(wankers)

Sorry, which craps installed on your laptop?
And on the phone?

Currently I didn't see nothing suspicious, so if you give me the name of the crap installed I can search on my devices.

Thanks bro!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

kingo root is safe, if it dumbs anything onto your phone just delete them, i have safely rooted a couple cheap phones with it and see no problem.

- unlock bootloader
    - root
    - ROM flashing
    - kernel flashing

Install Vroot
    Connect phone
    Root it
    uninstall Vroot
    delete all "leftovers"