Backlight bleed galaxy note pro

Search This thread

nesx87

Nov 1, 2010
How much of this is to be expected?

I have a noticeable amount , of course I only noticed it when in a dark room against black backgrounds.. but it makes me wonder if I should demand another unit from amazon.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Mine has it too. bottom right side and bottom. Only visible when watching full screen video that's letterboxed. Doesn't bother me though.

I notice it gets worse when I flex the tablet by holding it in landscape by the bottom left corner so I kind of wonder if in part it is more predominant on that corner for my tablet because that's the primary way that I hold the tablet. It's not like I can flex it the other way to get rid of the bleeding completely though so I don't know if I can reverse it. If memory serves, out of the box I already had some bleed anyhow. This is my second Note Pro and the first one had bleed on the bottom as well.

I'm sure you'll get responses from some who have no light bleed, some of which actually do but it doesn't bother them and some who really do not have any bleed. It's up to you I guess if it is worth the effort and waiting to try to get a perfect one. For me it simply is not . .

Reactions: nesx87

nesx87

Nov 1, 2010
Thanks.. can any one post any pictures of their tablet?

I have attached mine under full brightness, total darkness and black background.. it is slightly exaggerated in some phots as it depends on what angle you see the screen
Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1402170274502.jpg
    1402170274502.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 1402170292967.jpg
    1402170292967.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 1402170304357.jpg
    1402170304357.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 151

nesx87

Nov 1, 2010
The only 'sort of' light bleed I have is from the two softkeys when they light up.... Other than that, none whatsoever. (Can't take a photo as I can't imagine they'll shut down the entire train to give me some darkness...)

Therefore i could be one of the unlucky ones.. :(.. although it is not something i cant live with, however i want to get my money's worth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine has it too. bottom right side and bottom. Only visible when watching full screen video that's letterboxed. Doesn't bother me though.

I notice it gets worse when I flex the tablet by holding it in landscape by the bottom left corner so I kind of wonder if in part it is more predominant on that corner for my tablet because that's the primary way that I hold the tablet. It's not like I can flex it the other way to get rid of the bleeding completely though so I don't know if I can reverse it. If memory serves, out of the box I already had some bleed anyhow. This is my second Note Pro and the first one had bleed on the bottom as well.

I'm sure you'll get responses from some who have no light bleed, some of which actually do but it doesn't bother them and some who really do not have any bleed. It's up to you I guess if it is worth the effort and waiting to try to get a perfect one. For me it simply is not . .
    I have the same hot spot on the bottom edge to the right of center. On the right bottom corner I have some that is less pronounced.
    The only 'sort of' light bleed I have is from the two softkeys when they light up.... Other than that, none whatsoever. (Can't take a photo as I can't imagine they'll shut down the entire train to give me some darkness...)