[RECOVERY] Multi Touch - Need testers

Search This thread

chad0989

Oct 31, 2010
I'm sure everybody knows by now, but the multi-touch bugs seem to be related to the recovery. In my little bit of free time I have been working on an updated recovery that supports multi touch for all devices.

I am fairly confident that all amoled HTC INCREDIBLES are able to get either 3 or 5 point multi touch, but it seems that there still may be issues with some (or all) SLCD devices, this is why I need many testers. So for those of you who are willing to help out, I need you to follow these instructions:

1) Download http://chad0989.dyndns.org/PB31IMG.zip
2) Place on the root of your SD card.
3) Boot into hboot (vol down and power when turning on)
4) Select yes when it asks if you want to start update.
5) Select no when it asks you if you want to reboot.
6) Choose recovery
7) Flash a KNOWN working multi-touch kernel.

Reboot and use the multi touch test app from the market to see if you have more than 2 touch points.

Report back the following:

1) Are you SLCD?
2) Yes or no on more than 2 touches
3) What atmel touch device you have - open a terminal and type cat /sys/android_touch/vendor and report what is says.
4) Hardware version

Thanks everyone!

SLCD Only:

Since the one above still seems to not be working for you guys, heres another try at it:
http://chad0989.dyndns.org/PB31IMG-test2.zip - Don't forget to rename it to PB31IMG.zip and place on the root of the SD.

Also has anyone with an SLCD ever had multitouch an any time? What were the conditions that you had it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2776902

Awesome, I'll give it a shot. I had 10-point multitouch working a while ago on invisiblek-21 and CWM 2.5.05. But when I went to 2.5.1.2 it went back to 2.

D

Deleted member 2776902

2i6lz0h.jpg

1. AMOLED.
2. Yes.
3. AMTEL224_16AB

EDIT: Also did this on Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo By Incubus26Jc [RLS5], and got 5 points.

EDIT #2: Incredibly Re-Engineered 2.0 with HeyItsLou-2.6.32.17-Cifs-Tun-Ext4-WN-3-10 Multi-Touch #6, 10 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kekspernikai

JarrettXavier

Oct 24, 2010
noVA
1) Yes, SLCD.
2) No, only 2 touches.
3) ATMEL_x0080_x0016

Just to be sure, I downgraded to clockworkmod recovery 2.5.0.5 and flashed invisiblek's #21 kernel again and got 10 touch points. And if it matters, I'm doing this test on CM 6.1 Stable.

Last edited:

C4H1LL

Aug 17, 2010
Amoled
Running invisiblek 21
After flashing this I got 10 pts. Before I could only get 2 no matter what
On cm7 #34
And the 80x16 amtel touch receiver

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
It has to do with obviously something with being removed from the recovery but having a specific recovery doesn't magically make 3,5, or 10 multitouch work when u install 2.5.0.5
It's when u flash the kernel within the recovery. I used 2.5.0.5 to flash kernels, and the rest is left up to psfmod for.my inc. I've set up Rom manager to think 2.5.0.5 is actually 2.5.1.1, and set up psfmod as 2.5.1.2 so that I can switch easy without troubles

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App

andrew8806

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2010
Dallas
SLCD, Invisinblek #28 Kernel (3 touch points), Unfortunately only recognizes 2 touch points!:mad:

chad0989

Oct 31, 2010
Looks like maybe something happened with my slcd port. Hmm

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

turboguy

Feb 23, 2010
It has to do with obviously something with being removed from the recovery but having a specific recovery doesn't magically make 3,5, or 10 multitouch work when u install 2.5.0.5
It's when u flash the kernel within the recovery. I used 2.5.0.5 to flash kernels, and the rest is left up to psfmod for.my inc. I've set up Rom manager to think 2.5.0.5 is actually 2.5.1.1, and set up psfmod as 2.5.1.2 so that I can switch easy without troubles

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App

Are you SLCD or AMOLED?

br125

Jan 25, 2009
1) AMOLED
2) 2 touches
3) ATMEL_x0080_x0016

On invisiblek's 21 and I've never seen more than 2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm sure everybody knows by now, but the multi-touch bugs seem to be related to the recovery. In my little bit of free time I have been working on an updated recovery that supports multi touch for all devices.

I am fairly confident that all amoled HTC INCREDIBLES are able to get either 3 or 5 point multi touch, but it seems that there still may be issues with some (or all) SLCD devices, this is why I need many testers. So for those of you who are willing to help out, I need you to follow these instructions:

1) Download http://chad0989.dyndns.org/PB31IMG.zip
    2) Place on the root of your SD card.
    3) Boot into hboot (vol down and power when turning on)
    4) Select yes when it asks if you want to start update.
    5) Select no when it asks you if you want to reboot.
    6) Choose recovery
    7) Flash a KNOWN working multi-touch kernel.

Reboot and use the multi touch test app from the market to see if you have more than 2 touch points.

Report back the following:

1) Are you SLCD?
    2) Yes or no on more than 2 touches
    3) What atmel touch device you have - open a terminal and type cat /sys/android_touch/vendor and report what is says.
    4) Hardware version

Thanks everyone!

SLCD Only:

Since the one above still seems to not be working for you guys, heres another try at it:
    http://chad0989.dyndns.org/PB31IMG-test2.zip - Don't forget to rename it to PB31IMG.zip and place on the root of the SD.

Also has anyone with an SLCD ever had multitouch an any time? What were the conditions that you had it?
    D
    Deleted member 2776902
    2i6lz0h.jpg

1. AMOLED.
    2. Yes.
    3. AMTEL224_16AB

EDIT: Also did this on Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo By Incubus26Jc [RLS5], and got 5 points.

EDIT #2: Incredibly Re-Engineered 2.0 with HeyItsLou-2.6.32.17-Cifs-Tun-Ext4-WN-3-10 Multi-Touch #6, 10 points.
    Hi there

Could somebody reupload the AMOLED Version?
    I guess the Server is down....

im uploading now :)

Edit: heres the link http://cid-969c0a6523284d8e.office.live.com/self.aspx/android/PB31IMG.zip
    1. AMOLED
    2. 10 touches
    3. Amtel x0080_x0016
    4. 0002

Kernel: Lou's #7
    Rom: Incredibly Re-engineered 2.10

P.S. Is there any way that you can implement the smooth scrolling in your modified recovery? Thanks!

After smooth scrolling was implemented into a recovery I believe the multitouch hacks stopped working

Sent from my HTC Incredible using XDA App
    Don't flame me for asking this; It's simply a question. What are the practical applications for having more than 2 or even 5 touch points? Are there applications that require or can use more than two (besides the test app)? I can think this would come in handy typing on a full size tablet, by how does it benefit our phone?