[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Search This thread

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
anyone have numbers on tastature?

huh? ........

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

oh MAN... runing armored strike and it's REALLY SLOW on this rom LoL. edit actually game becomes unresponsive on an early menu. spira defense works though quite well (although screen drawing is a visibly low framerate...) which is cool to see :)

but hell - I'm impressed that I can play games at all on it heh heh

and to confirm, I definitely have no root on this nor superuser app etc. this is not a rooted rom.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

there does appear to be no speaker output from this rom - like games or media have no output that I can hear.

Last edited:
S

stritfajt

huh? ........

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

oh MAN... runing armored strike and it's REALLY SLOW on this rom LoL. edit actually game becomes unresponsive on an early menu. spira defense works though quite well (although screen drawing is a visibly low framerate...) which is cool to see :)

but hell - I'm impressed that I can play games at all on it heh heh

and to confirm, I definitely have no root on this nor superuser app etc. this is not a rooted rom.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

there does appear to be no speaker output from this rom - like games or media have no output that I can hear.

Well, we don't have any hardware acceleration yet, that's why it's slow. Once we fix that, this ROM should become quite responsive. :)

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
Yup :) and once you have improved the speed I'm up to some sweet ics testing again :)

sent with love from me to you

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Well, we don't have any hardware acceleration yet, that's why it's slow. Once we fix that, this ROM should become quite responsive. :)

it's already really amazingly good! fix the sound, get it rooted if possible, and fix the popup select box widgets in the settings app, and voila - a rom that can be used as a daily driver!

I tried camera 360 but it can't see any camera hardware naturally. it was worth a shot though LoL.

S

stritfajt

it's already really amazingly good! fix the sound, get it rooted if possible, and fix the popup select box widgets in the settings app, and voila - a rom that can be used as a daily driver!

I tried camera 360 but it can't see any camera hardware naturally. it was worth a shot though LoL.

Just uploaded a new release. Sound is working, except for ringtones (suspect a codec issue but I have to go to sleep). It already was rooted, but I've installed the Su app from now on. I've also included a simple file manager.

I will have to investigate the popup boxes in settings. Some of them work and some don't... Will also take a look at the camera tomorrow.

Anyways, as of this release we actually have basic telephone functions working. Great success! :)

Ciprilik

Aug 28, 2010
Piatra Neamt
@dkelley:
Phew ! I thought there was something wrong with the installation or it's just something normal in the update script :D Well if my Hero's cpu is dying then I am going to replace the phone with a brand new Hero ( my battery is kinda dying on me also) :D just kidding too :p but not about the battery :(.

@stritfajt: Great Job! The calling function is fully operational indeed :D ... the phone rang with the default ringtone ... the others are not working even on preview. Superuser is not working... I've tried SetCpu and Titanium Backup and both can't obtain root access.

Last edited:

dkelley

May 11, 2010
DAMN! this is the fastest progress on a completely brand new leading edge android major version release that I've ever seen, and fundamentally from one hero guy who's doing all of this porting and investigation and building work!

amazing...

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

is anyone in other forums working on gapps integration? besides cm of course which could take a while. market is the biggest priority of course, everything else can be pulled from market in theory.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

trying something here for google accounts: I flashed a flashable gmail apk to see if it adds a google account to the device (it "ought" to, but who knows).

EDIT: it worked! gmail is up and running and doing first sync on my phone.

attached to this message is the flashable gmail apk

Attachments

• flashable_gmail_2-3-4.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK
I have my sim pin locked but when I boot up ICS it never asks me to enter a pin. Never has since V1.
Is that normal or am I cracking up?

S

stritfajt

DAMN! this is the fastest progress on a completely brand new leading edge android major version release that I've ever seen, and fundamentally from one hero guy who's doing all of this porting and investigation and building work!

amazing...

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

is anyone in other forums working on gapps integration? besides cm of course which could take a while. market is the biggest priority of course, everything else can be pulled from market in theory.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

trying something here for google accounts: I flashed a flashable gmail apk to see if it adds a google account to the device (it "ought" to, but who knows).

EDIT: it worked! gmail is up and running and doing first sync on my phone.

attached to this message is the flashable gmail apk

There is market in the latest version. If you launch it, you will be prompted to sign in to your google account. There seemed to be some problems with syncing but I'll work on that tomorrow :)

dkelley

May 11, 2010
I still don't have root.... just checked. it wasn't the missing SU app, it's that this rom isn't rooted (at least not on my phone LoL)

sorry for bad news :)

edit: I flashed this over alpha3... I wonder if that caused the new features not to show up?

also I tried checking for sound in a game but there was no sound output... but I haven't checked microphone built in yet to see if it works in calls.

edit: trying something crazy.... wiped all, flashed alpha4, flashed gmail, and now also flashing an older market version. why not eh? prob won't work, but never hurts to try.

Last edited:

Lirasina

Sep 15, 2011
Terwijde
I am amazed by the speed this rom is going XD. I will check for root to see if I can do something about it XD maybe.

Ciprilik

Aug 28, 2010
Piatra Neamt
Could it be a problem that in Superuser the binary is not an actual version and it's showing as vnull? Maybe it's something wrong with the su file from /system/xbin/ ?

dkelley

May 11, 2010
flashed old market and at first seemed to be setting up account ok but no - google framework "stopped working".

oh well...

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Could it be a problem that in Superuser the binary is not an actual version and it's showing as vnull?

huh, I'll try flashing my flashable su binary to see if it helps.

By the way, it does seem that flashing over top of alpha 3 works just fine - I thought that was the cause of the root problem but no, it's fine to upgrade without a wipe it would seem. in case that helps for anyone who has configured and nandroided a decent alpha 3 build (like I did).

Last edited:

dkelley

May 11, 2010
I had the same idea.

I'm just booting up now after flashing the su binary flashable that is in the SFM thread. will let you know if it works...

IT WORKS!! the root access alert is squished but you can still see the "ALLOW" button and it works! titanium backup is running now! find the flashable SU binary in the sfm thread and flash it guys.... also flash the gmail apk I posted in this thread. but no market access yet, I've tried, don't bother, it messes up your system.

EDIT: first thing I did is install setcpu and upped low frequency to 352 and high to 652 LoL

Last edited:

Ciprilik

Aug 28, 2010
Piatra Neamt
I've tried to push the su file from Elelinux's GB rom from recovery but it didn't do anything still on vnull ... maybe I failed as this is the first time I ever try to push a file using sdk ... you guys had any luck ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Congratulations, well done :D

In swedish "riktigt jävla bra, kul att du fick igång det"
    Neither did I with luck of sound in Beta 1.4. Switched back to Beta 1.3.

FYI If you would like to add a little native ICS UI for your Beta 1.3 music app, try music player for ICS by CyanogenMod team extracted from CM9 ROM.
    2sbkenr.png
    v80w2d.png

e129nk.png
    161epvl.png

1zvrfgm.png

Installation:

delete music.apk and musicfx.apk located in /system/app by using file manager like root explorer;

download the CM9 music app from http://goo.gl/CckWp;

install it like any standard apks from your sd card;

done.

It's been confirmed by me the music app itself works fine and has equalizer options and DSP configration enabled, which however, is yet to be tested since they were designed for Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So if you want to modify the updater-script files to make them flashable for Hero running ICS ROMs.

Here are DSP manager install and uninstall zips (NEED MODIFYING) I found from http://sghi777.blogspot.com/2012/03/dsp-manager-music-equalizer-for-stock.html

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM.zip

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM_Uninstall.zip
    Keep the good work!

Last few days I was just about to buy a new phone (Galaxy Note or Galaxy Nexus) but my girlfriend convinced me that it was stupid spending €500 on a phone that does just a few things better that the one I have at the moment (Hero). She is absolutely right; I will wait patiently until the death of my Hero!

And this thread sounds like a "breeze of newness" to my old Hero. It would be really great to have ICS fairly working on those thousands still remaining Hero users...

This post doesn't actually helps any particular ROM development. Although I think a positive feedback and a slight sign of happiness brings energy and hope to the ones working on it. And it is as needed any technical knowledge :)

Thank you very much you all for your efforts.
    Flashed the previous version, will flash again once the touch screen is working :)