[Q] How to show contact image on Whatsapp?

Search This thread

javiersing

May 6, 2011
Valladolid
hi, i wanted to know how can I enable or why my whatsapp is not showing me the pictures of my contacts, I have all my contacts on my google account, none on the phone, and none on the sim card, and a lot of the are linked to facebook, twitter, etc.

and if you look at contacts all of them show the pictures, but in whatsapp only a few show the pictures of the contacts

any solution?

michalpro

Mar 29, 2011
Glasgow
Probably you are not able to see Facebook contact photos in whatsapp. There were allowed to be "pulled" in Sense 3.0 but in Sense above this version they are not shown.
There are few solutions:
1. If you have a rooted phone you can try Photo Unlocker application, sadly, it has been pulled out from the market so you would need to search XDA for it.
2. You can use HaxSync to sync the pictures from Facebook and they would show normally. Alternative app is called Friend Caster.
3. People say there was an update to Whatsapp recently (can't see any on the market to be honest just now) which enables it.

qaliza

Dec 2, 2006
Alexandria
After synchronizing your contacts with facebook, use photounlocker to unlock the restriction on facebook contacts.

1- open app
2- press check, it will ask for root permissions
3- press check again
4- press unlock

Done

Enjoy

Attachments

• photounlocker.apk
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,178

-Alaa-

Nov 17, 2010
if on sense, facebook for htc sense is needed and it will synchronise you friends photos from fb
on Aosp you need to manually add a picture to each contsct you have, but this process you do it once in s liftime and whatever the rom you will be using your contacts photo will remain on any google phone

lincolnep

Feb 10, 2012
Perth
if on sense, facebook for htc sense is needed and it will synchronise you friends photos from fb
on Aosp you need to manually add a picture to each contsct you have, but this process you do it once in s liftime and whatever the rom you will be using your contacts photo will remain on any google phone

if you are on AOSP you can also use an app called HaxSync this will pull the photos from facebook and display them in whatsapp i am using it on IceColdSandwich and it works great

talktoraj83

Aug 12, 2011
Mumbai
can anyone tell me how to fix notification for facebook comment,like and friend request for facebook installed on fallout 2.0.0 as i m not getting notification for facebooks

blogsaays

Feb 11, 2013
WhatsApp Contact Image not display issue Solved

hi, i wanted to know how can I enable or why my whatsapp is not showing me the pictures of my contacts, I have all my contacts on my google account, none on the phone, and none on the sim card, and a lot of the are linked to facebook, twitter, etc.

and if you look at contacts all of them show the pictures, but in whatsapp only a few show the pictures of the contacts

any solution?

Hi this issue is happening because of DP privacy update by WhatsApp you can find more details here http: / /goo. gl/ ethIO5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After synchronizing your contacts with facebook, use photounlocker to unlock the restriction on facebook contacts.

1- open app
    2- press check, it will ask for root permissions
    3- press check again
    4- press unlock

Done

Enjoy
    Probably you are not able to see Facebook contact photos in whatsapp. There were allowed to be "pulled" in Sense 3.0 but in Sense above this version they are not shown.
    There are few solutions:
    1. If you have a rooted phone you can try Photo Unlocker application, sadly, it has been pulled out from the market so you would need to search XDA for it.
    2. You can use HaxSync to sync the pictures from Facebook and they would show normally. Alternative app is called Friend Caster.
    3. People say there was an update to Whatsapp recently (can't see any on the market to be honest just now) which enables it.