[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I am glad to hear that this solves the problem, but I think that I will wait until detule fixes it in the build. I don't want to put in a patch that is MAC specific, as this will prevent me from copying the installation to other devices. Meanwhile, I took his advice and went back to 3.2.11 temporarily.

pfc_m_drake

Mar 13, 2011
Just did a fresh install (HP-tool format).
Stock GBXC build from first post but with 3.3.3 kernel from the autobuild. Rhod400

Had the Wi-Fi issue others experienced. Posted solution (wifi-nvram.txt) resolves the issue. No problem with most current YouTube app from PlayStore.

So far working fantastic (other than the known wi-fi issue). Will report back after gathering some more usage.

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009
I am glad to hear that this solves the problem, but I think that I will wait until detule fixes it in the build. I don't want to put in a patch that is MAC specific, as this will prevent me from copying the installation to other devices. Meanwhile, I took his advice and went back to 3.2.11 temporarily.

You don't have to patch if you do the following:

Boot the build as is with .27 kernel in it. The wifi-nvram.txt file gets generated in the .27 kernel but in a different location then it needs to be. So if you want to use the other kernels all you have to do is move it to correct folder which is the /data folder. I think it gets put out of that folder with the .27 kernel in just the root folder in android. It just has to be moved into /data folder. The .27 kernel puts the proper MAC address in the file when you boot it up the first time. It is just the other kernels that aren't patched yet. At least that is my understanding. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
You don't have to patch if you do the following:

Boot the build as is with .27 kernel in it. The wifi-nvram.txt file gets generated in the .27 kernel but in a different location then it needs to be. So if you want to use the other kernels all you have to do is move it to correct folder which is the /data folder. I think it gets put out of that folder with the .27 kernel in just the root folder in android. It just has to be moved into /data folder. The .27 kernel puts the proper MAC address in the file when you boot it up the first time. It is just the other kernels that aren't patched yet. At least that is my understanding. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Well that makes sense why I never had the issue. I always started on .27, then flipped kernels... I flipped back and forth a few times, but I don't think I ever started on 3.3.3 w/a clean data.img.

agibby5

Jan 24, 2009
PA
LG V35
I'm using the new bundle GBX0C and kernel 3.1.10. I recently converted from FRX and started with a new data.img.

My issues:
- I am unable to send an MMS (I'm on sprint). It just says sending forever and it seems like it drains the battery quicker.
- Sometimes the phone freezes when using Reboot or Power off options.

Other than that, everything seems to be working very, very well. I'm liking it a lot better than FRX where I couldn't get the camera to work. I also had camera problems on .27 and when I jumped to 3.1, presto! It works now!

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I'm using the new bundle GBX0C and kernel 3.1.10. I recently converted from FRX and started with a new data.img.

My issues:
- I am unable to send an MMS (I'm on sprint). It just says sending forever and it seems like it drains the battery quicker.
- Sometimes the phone freezes when using Reboot or Power off options.

Other than that, everything seems to be working very, very well. I'm liking it a lot better than FRX where I couldn't get the camera to work. I also had camera problems on .27 and when I jumped to 3.1, presto! It works now!

3.3.3 is the newest kernel FYI.

For MMS, did you setup an APN?

jonners59

Oct 4, 2010
London
Thanks arrrghhh, I think getting superuser to startup fairly early in the boot process might help everyone running GBX0C to get it up and running faster especially if they are loading apps/services needing SU permissions at startup. I will look around on the internet. From what I have seen, there are apps that tell you what load at startup, but none of those apps can let you change the order. I wonder what file in the android system contains that information? There has to be one just like Windows to tell it what to startup.

I think you may have a point stickdaddy96
I have noticed that when my babe is playing up and falling back in to the XDANDROID animation and just can't get network, that I am also not getting the "x app has just been granted super user privileges" messages. Maybe there is just too much going on. So maybe you have something there?

Anyone any ideas on my CoPilot causing freezing of the device after c 30 minutes. Only way is to restart by pulling the battery out.

I'm still on the build from the original first thread.

ObviousMan

Jun 16, 2008
3.3.3 is the newest kernel FYI.
Sprint CDMA TP2:
I've upgraded to GBX0C from 0B 1.5 days ago. 3.3.3 kernel (4/25 version from autobuild). Did not update data.img. So far it has been stable, internal audio is as good as was on 0B (which is alot better than FRX), and finally BT works. During one of the calls it did not route the audio to BT - the phone was asleep (I presume - it was not touched for near 2 hours), a call came in, I tried to answer from BT, but it did not result in picked up call, it rolled into VM. I called VM after that and BT was routed fine. I wonder if there is an issue with the phone reacting to BT while asleep. I will report further if the issue persists.
Same WiFi issue as reported fixed with the posted solution. Was able to mount network share, etc. w/ ES file explorer.
Youtube - the latest version works fine.
I have not see noticeably better GPS performance, but I just did 2 lock tests near my house, and it locks about as fast as it did on FRX. I have not tried GPS with 0B.

eik

Apr 29, 2010
Try Brightness Widget - Backlight! Do the settings bit first to add the steps (brightness levels) and then every time you click it, it goes up, then down one step....

I installed GBX0C. Initially it all looked fine, but after some time it seems the display is dark; almost impossible to read at daytime. Changing the display settings (auto brightness, using the brightness slider) does not seem to change anything. Nor does using the mentioned widget.

Any ideas if I am overlooking something?

I uploaded logs in http://pastebin.com/4G4XKcnV

frostyguy

Jul 26, 2009
I started on a new data.img...

Just for sanity sake, try renaming your data.img to data.bak and boot. See if wifi is OK...

I just booted again, and granted I only have a few apps installed - wifi worked flawlessly...

Once I turn on wifi, android reboots in loops, going to try the wifi fix, thanks arrrghhh

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I think you may have a point stickdaddy96
I have noticed that when my babe is playing up and falling back in to the XDANDROID animation and just can't get network, that I am also not getting the "x app has just been granted super user privileges" messages. Maybe there is just too much going on. So maybe you have something there?

Anyone any ideas on my CoPilot causing freezing of the device after c 30 minutes. Only way is to restart by pulling the battery out.

I'm still on the build from the original first thread.

On the build from the original first thread...? So that means you're not on GBX0C, you're on 0B...? I'm confused.

You should definitely upgrade, as there's a lot of GPS related fixes in the newest build. GPS used to freeze up on me after extended usage, but now it's fine. Might want to try other apps too, like Google Nav - just to rule out that CoPilot app you're using.

I installed GBX0C. Initially it all looked fine, but after some time it seems the display is dark; almost impossible to read at daytime. Changing the display settings (auto brightness, using the brightness slider) does not seem to change anything. Nor does using the mentioned widget.

Any ideas if I am overlooking something?

I uploaded logs in http://pastebin.com/4G4XKcnV

You also appear to be on a slightly older build, but I don't think that's critical - this issue is usually kernel related. Does it happen on .27? 3.3.3?

Once I turn on wifi, android reboots in loops, going to try the wifi fix, thanks arrrghhh

Yea, it seems if you start straight away on the newest 3.3.3 kernel, wifi will not work properly...

I was always starting on .27, so it never failed for me :p.

Last edited:
Reactions: frostyguy

frostyguy

Jul 26, 2009
I was always starting on .27, so it never failed for me :p.

I'm actually only been using .27, which is bundled in GBX0C right? How do I get on kernel 3.3.3? You just need to replace the zImage and modules files right? Was never able to get the other kernels to work. It would always get stuck before you can get to the xandroid boot up screen.

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I'm actually only been using .27, which is bundled in GBX0C right? How do I get on kernel 3.3.3? You just need to replace the zImage and modules files right? Was never able to get the other kernels to work. It would always get stuck before you can get to the xandroid boot up screen.

Are you using everything from the first post? You're not reusing anything from another build/bundle? (Except for maybe ts-calibration...)

Also, silly question - but you're using a RHOD yes? Which one?

Did you have to do the wifi-nvram trick before? That's a necessary a step for some regardless.

Reactions: frostyguy

thegof

Dec 27, 2007

I have the same problem trying the other kernels. I've got a system which is running well with .27. To try a new kernel I copy (and overright the zImage file in the \andbootgbx0c directory, then try to start HaRET.exe. No go, it hangs after about a screenfull of text boot strings (never gets to the startup animation). I've tried this on 3.3, 3.2, and 3.1. I must be doing something wrong. Sprint TP2 in case it matters...

frostyguy

Jul 26, 2009
Yeah, I'm using everything from the GBX0C bundle, plus got all the .csv files too. I'm on RHOD400. .27 works perfectly but all the other kernels just get stuck before the boot up screen

jonners59

Oct 4, 2010
London
On the build from the original first thread...? So that means you're not on GBX0C, you're on 0B...? I'm confused.

You should definitely upgrade, as there's a lot of GPS related fixes in the newest build. GPS used to freeze up on me after extended usage, but now it's fine. Might want to try other apps too, like Google Nav - just to rule out that CoPilot app you're using.

Yes, plan too. Just have not had the time since it came out. Good to know about the GPS stuff. I do also have the various Google nav apps, and it does not happen on any of those, so it may well be CoPilot related. See if the new build fixes it.

I have had a suspicion for some time now that SOMETIMES the phone does not ring when I get a caller. Today I was able to confirm this, with missed calls when I was standing next to it. It is not always, but intermittent. I'll keep an eye and try a log if I am in a position to. Wonder if anyone else has had this issue?

Stijnjits

Aug 22, 2009
I've been running this build now for about half a day.
Wifi: No problems
Calling: On Froyo I sometimes had the problem I couldn't hear the other person. So far this hasn't occured on GBX0C.
Camera: I can confirm the rhod100 camera patch isn't included in the bundled .27 kernel :(
Sleep&Wake: No problems spotted, device always wakes fast
Overall smoothness: Sometimes it runs faster than Froyo, but most of the times it's just as laggy as froyo was...

Perhaps things like speed are fixed in newer kernels?

detule

Jan 30, 2010
I've been running this build now for about half a day.
Camera: I can confirm the rhod100 camera patch isn't included in the bundled .27 kernel :(
Perhaps things like speed are fixed in newer kernels?

You should try 3.3 and see if camera at least is working for you. Some time ago I added some version of brinka's camera patch, never got any feedback if it made a difference for RHOD1xx folks.

Reactions: Stijnjits

vinceweis

Jan 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
OnePlus 7T
Yeah, I'm using everything from the GBX0C bundle, plus got all the .csv files too. I'm on RHOD400. .27 works perfectly but all the other kernels just get stuck before the boot up screen

I also had this problem with a rhod 300. It would stop with a kernel exit in the text. I reinstalled everything including a new data.img and let it all settle in. I set up an account in gmail, WiFi and a couple minor things like screen brightness. Then I rebooted to the same setup and let it settle in again. After another reboot, I changed the kernel to 3.3.3 and it booted and worked fine. It might need the reboots to establish a solid file system in .27 first.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from my RHOD400 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    Bump. New build guys.

(check the site, the link will be the same but timestamp will update... Not on the filename, on the actual site.) Sorry, I didn't want to make it look like a whole new build, so I kept the filename the same. You should just be able to hit the link in the first post as usual ;).

Everyone should grab the full bundle. It includes a new .27 acoustic kernel that should fix some problems, and there's a lot of userland fixes:
    • MMS should be fixed for Sprint users
    • XDAndroid will now show as the provider
    • GLES put back in (whoops)
    • Network-based location put back in (which was working before, but this last boot it didn't...? Let me know on this guys, I might need another update... Definitely seems broken!! What the heck. There'll be another update, sorry folks.)
    • hyc's dmesg binary baked into the rootfs (timestamps... in dmesg!)

There was A LOT of acoustic changes in this build (hao0907047407 - try again, perhaps you have sound now?). Download the full bundle, and REPLACE EVERYTHING!! I've added a lot of updates across the board, and I don't want people running partial stuff.

You should be able to reuse your data.img...

I'm still not able to get netloc to work... I am just scratching my head as to why it worked at first and now it doesn't. I'll keep working on it, but so far that seems to be the only thing I set out to fix that isn't.

Bring on that feedback guys!
    First post updated, new build. Enjoy, please report back. Changelog in the second post. I will update the changelog further, that's just detule's changelog of what's changed on the userland side of things... I still have some things to add from stuff I did. Thanks!
    OK, I finally got around to building and signing a new image. All went fairly well - sorted out the NetLoc problem (thanks detule), and along with a lot of patches and fixes from detule as well, we have ourselves a great build!

I'm having a few troubles before I release, and want to make sure I iron everything out before I do...

So first, XTRA is now working out of the box. I got a GPS lock within a few seconds in my basement... so yea. Wow. NetLoc again is also working. There's some acoustic fixes, along with the Sprint MMS fix. Finally, the camcorder should be fixed. Now I still don't think the RHOD100 cam patches have made it to the kernel - but again, that's a kernel issue, nothing to do with the userland side of things. Plus with the new firmware and the new kernels, wifi tethering now works FLAWLESSLY!! Hooray! Kudos to hyc for finding that gem out...

Unfortunately I will still have to bundle .27 for the older devices, sorry folks. I know it hasn't had an update in ages, but as most of you already know the newer kernels are working really quite well.

On to the issues, hopefully dumb ones. First, I got GPS to give me a lock but it won't disappear from the status bar. I remember someone mentioning this, but I don't remember the solution other than rebooting. Is this a bug? Anyone else confirm/figure out the cause/fix for it?