Best earphones for htc one x

Search This thread

irvgotti

Aug 24, 2010
I get the zagg smartbuds in the mail tomorrow ill let you guy know how they sound got them for 10 through one of their promos

LakshayX

May 12, 2012
New Delhi
Hi guys..is there any way to make the volume controls of Klipsch s4i work with HOX ? ..thanks

Sent from my Stunning White HTC One X

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
Uh, I'm a DJ and I know what good headphones sound like. I'm using a pair of manufacturer refurbished Diddy Beats that I bought thru Monster for $79.99 and they sound effing Amazing. All the other brands Metal mentioned are hella good too. Just my 2 cents, I figured with Beats Audio software why not try out the headphones of the same brand. Again just my humble opinion. To each his own.

sent from my Acer A500

LOL, sorry to rehash but this comment just cracked me up. You kinda just pwned yourself sir. I guess you don't need quality headphones to be a CDJ.

Oh no he didn't

Sent from my HTC One X

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

umarsl

Feb 13, 2011
I really enjoy my iBeats in-ear headphones!
but for home use I use Philips Stretch which, in my opinion, are better than Beats Studio.

doublespark

Sep 20, 2012
I figured my first post should be contributional rather than interrogative.

I currently wear a pair of Koss Porta Pros for daily usage, with a pair of cheap earbuds for the gym, just to avoid the sweat. The impedence is a little high, so it doesn't get loud when you're already experiencing the masking effect (IE ambient noise is drowning out your music, so you crank the music to drown out the ambient noise) and they're over-ear so the sound does leak, but they have a Lifetime replacement warrenty and the non-inline control version 30 years old and tried and true. $50 retail, $70 for the inline controls (but no mic)...and did I mention I bought mine for $35 on Amazon? They were recommended to me as being the better balance of quality and frugality, and the numbers and the experience back it up. But I encourage you not to take just my word for it. Do some research, and if you can, physically test them yourself. If you can't tell the difference no matter what you pay, then you should not pay more than the minimum.

If the impedence bothers you, you can get a preamp and run that between the two, but you'll draw more power.

I have an opinion on Beats, and it's not kind.

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004M8SAJ4/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1348269491&sr=8-1

Best headphones for the money. I'm on my phone so I can't type a lot but if you do your research you will see these headphones compared to the S4s and they are under $20 which is amazing.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

I've sworn by the $20 skull candies... But I'm gonna have to try these bad boys for that price!

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

ECEXCURSION

Aug 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.lego.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004M8SAJ4/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1348269491&sr=8-1

Best headphones for the money. I'm on my phone so I can't type a lot but if you do your research you will see these headphones compared to the S4s and they are under $20 which is amazing.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Bought some presents for my HOX today. I bought those JVC headphones listed above to replace my aging skullcandy earbuds (they started to hiss).

That sucks ptesmoke.

I also bought a new feather case!

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

nickscap

Mar 10, 2011
I have a pair of vmoda remix s they are in ear and they rock.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Legacyleader

Mar 7, 2010
Does somebody use the new Earpods from Apple? i have them on my GNex but my Sister wants to buy the One V iom wondering if the Mic is working?? -> Because the Desire and Desire Z dont wanted to work with the Apple Headset the Mic was not recocnized.... is it still the matter in the One series?

Crappyvate

Jul 15, 2011
Isla de Vieques
Koss Portapros

I figured my first post should be contributional rather than interrogative.

I currently wear a pair of Koss Porta Pros for daily usage, with a pair of cheap earbuds for the gym, just to avoid the sweat. The impedence is a little high, so it doesn't get loud when you're already experiencing the masking effect (IE ambient noise is drowning out your music, so you crank the music to drown out the ambient noise) and they're over-ear so the sound does leak, but they have a Lifetime replacement warrenty and the non-inline control version 30 years old and tried and true. $50 retail, $70 for the inline controls (but no mic)...and did I mention I bought mine for $35 on Amazon? They were recommended to me as being the better balance of quality and frugality, and the numbers and the experience back it up. But I encourage you not to take just my word for it. Do some research, and if you can, physically test them yourself. If you can't tell the difference no matter what you pay, then you should not pay more than the minimum.

If the impedence bothers you, you can get a preamp and run that between the two, but you'll draw more power.

I have an opinion on Beats, and it's not kind.

+1 On Koss POrtaPROs probably the best pair of headphones ever made in this price range, works great on the HOX. Shop around and you should be able to find them for $30

thcue

I ride a sport bike everyday this is super important for me not only sound but comfort. I've been though at least 20 different types of buds.

I ended up with the iBeats.

dsc0999.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Y would anyone wanna buy headphones that sound better without beats? Thats just dumb man!! Get urself some beats buds. 60.00 bucks on ebay. I love mine!

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Uh, because both the Beats eq curve and Beats headphones suck. It's a marketing ploy. Get yourself some Shures, Grados, AKGs, Audio Technicas, or Beyerdynamics and you'll hear what music is supposed to sound like.
    Uh, I'm a DJ and I know what good headphones sound like. I'm using a pair of manufacturer refurbished Diddy Beats that I bought thru Monster for $79.99 and they sound effing Amazing. All the other brands Metal mentioned are hella good too. Just my 2 cents, I figured with Beats Audio software why not try out the headphones of the same brand. Again just my humble opinion. To each his own.

sent from my Acer A500
    This is a headphone question, doesnt really have anything to do with your phone.

'Klipsch image s4' are probably the highest recommended headphones i've seen.
    Basically every audiophile forum recommends them as a best bang for your buck option.

http://www.amazon.ca/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B001V9LPT4

I also recommend disabling beats audio while using them.

You should also try to use flac audio formats or at worst 320kbps mp3's.
    flac is compressed but lossless audio, like a digital version of a cd.
    if you want to play with flac, you are most likely going to need to buy power amp, for $5.
    Here's something off the beaten path for those feeling a little more experimental:

• Using a Bluetooth apt-X headphones/transceiver: bypass the headphone amp (if it's particularly noisy [ref. GSMArena review by supercurio**] and go straight to wireless transmission. The Bluetooth apt-X (as available on the HOX) is touted as having a near CD-quality transmit rate, but not all headphones support it. If you don't want to lock yourself in to a single set of headphones (although Sennheiser's MM series have won accolades from head-fi's editor), you can use a bluetooth headset (such as the Samsung HS3000) which allows you to plug in your own set of headphones.
      • Pros: - bypass headphone jack circuitry.
        - wireless in most scenarios
      • Cons: - more of a battery drain
        - not lossless
    • Switch up your music player app : besides Poweramp, there's Player Pro and JetAudio, which claim to have either purer playback or great EQ enhancements (potentially, BBE effects on JetAudio)
      • Pros: - cheap, if not free, way to improve playback
      • Cons: - may not make much of a difference and can be headphones-specific.

**Edit: Just found out that HOXL, AT&T HOX and HTC One S, all with Qualcomm's S4, uses Qualcomm's own audio chip set WCD9310, which has much better audio performance [1, 2]. So for these phones, you don't have to worry about noise or poor dynamic range.
    This is a headphone question, doesnt really have anything to do with your phone.

'Klipsch image s4' are probably the highest recommended headphones i've seen.
    Basically every audiophile forum recommends them as a best bang for your buck option.

These Klipsch are what I use and they are amazing, can't recommend them enough.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA