1% battery increments

Search This thread

andrew_sh

Feb 22, 2005
I searched the xperia forum and I am not able to find information about this issue.
I would like to help making a new battery.dll.
I am trying to contact CRCinAU who did this successfuly for trinity so he can spread some light.
Has any of you already tried battery.dll from blackstone on his xperia?
Or has anyone made any steps towards a working solution?

Thanks

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
From what I've read, the X1 battery controller supports no other than 10% increments. If the hardware is not able to tell the software what the % is, nothing can help you.

andrew_sh

Feb 22, 2005
yes but that's what everyone believed for the tytn, trinity and I think hermes as well! Could you show me where you read this?

andrew_sh

Feb 22, 2005
well it seems no one is interested.
CRCinAU has not replied to my message either.
The solution is probably identical to the other devices that had this issue so it's just a matter to get some hints (where to look inside battery.dll).

cHarOn99

Aug 28, 2008
here the same if you can find an solution then i also would welcome when you post it here :D

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
I tested one of thse power drivers (its a dll in the end) and didnt work... It would have to be adapted for the xperia

cHarOn99

Aug 28, 2008
to cook it inside isnt an problem at all, but to get an working dll or whatever is needed is the problem

cHarOn99

Aug 28, 2008
yes do so, then i will make some tests with it and cook some roms, i think if we really find an solution then all cookers will use it.

Regards,
cHarOn

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
Well yeah, if you'd be able to get this working, it'd be a huge breakthrough.

Alas I don't have time to take this on as yet another project.

cHarOn99

Aug 28, 2008
the question is, is it really only an driver limitation, or is it really an hardware limitation, maybe i should look into the Hermes Threads a little bit?
also it would be interessting if we could find an other WM Phone with same hardware :) and maybe this dll should work then hehee

Last edited:

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
The most similar device is the touch HD, which has a different battery controller (1% increments already work there).

I think looking into the hermes threads will teach you a lot. Where to look, for instance?

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
Here it is guys:

User "nue" has a very ineteresting collection of very useful apps
He has managed to modify the power driver to allow 1% increments for Vogue and TyTn, but I also read working reports in a Diamond thread: They combined sdkcert + tsownes battery icons (has the full 0->100% icons) + nuePower driver and succeeded

Here's the link to nue's download site:
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/page/nuePower.aspx

PS: take a look at battery.dll :D

Aleemz

Aug 30, 2006
I was searching for the same thing, 1% increments, and came across someone on XDA froums who had changed the icons for battery, signal etc and also included 1% increments for battery. I installed them a couple of days ago and they worked fine. The only reason I removed it was because I was I need the time and battery up there and couldn't find a solution other than SBP which replaces adds an extra battery while windows replaces the original battery with the time.

cHarOn99

Aug 28, 2008
which one did you use??????

I was searching for the same thing, 1% increments, and came across someone on XDA froums who had changed the icons for battery, signal etc and also included 1% increments for battery. I installed them a couple of days ago and they worked fine. The only reason I removed it was because I was I need the time and battery up there and couldn't find a solution other than SBP which replaces adds an extra battery while windows replaces the original battery with the time.

Aleemz

Aug 30, 2006
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=424926

The cab is called FInixNOverBattery

I have just reinstalled it, and it's showing 70% battery. To be honest, on further investigation, I'm not sure if it is actually showing 1% increments on the X1. I'll leave it running a while to see, but I have a feeling it's just showing 10% increments.

Sorry guys, this could be a false alarm.

Last edited:

cHarOn99

Aug 28, 2008
oh no this doesnt change the battery.dll it is only an battery icon skin :( in 10% steps, ok have to search more and play around with the touch-hd battery.dll.