How to get 9005 ROMS working on TMOBILE GN3

Search This thread

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
It looks like it has gotten much easier to get BLUE TOOTH and WIFI working when you flash roms originally made for 9005 GN3 on a TMOBILE GN3.

First Step is go over and dowload the Bluetooth fix posted in the Stainless ROM in TMOBILE ANDROID DEVELOPMENT Forum http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2499593 Make sure you click thanks on the Dev who made this possible! MISCOM did a real service when she came up with this fix....

Step Two - flash the 9005 ROM of your choice (I have done this for both BOB CAT and OMEGA ROMS)

Step 3 - Flash ROM -

STEP FOUR Flash BLUE TOOTH FIX

Step Five - Flash TMOBILE KERNEL - I flashed Compulsive Ultimate 5.0 - don't know if it is absolutely necessary to this entire fix, but that is what I did anyway ....

Step 6 REBOOT

Step 7 Say thanks to the DEV who created the BLUE TOOTH FIX

GOOD LUCK

Whatever you do - make sure you give thanks to the DEV who created the BLUETOOTH FIX

Last edited:

cwalker0906

Nov 2, 2010
chicago
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
I didn't realize Bluetooth wasn't working -just tried it myself and you are correct. Hopefully someone can help us get this figured out - there must be a way....

There has to be a way....just one that I xant figure out with my limited ability....surprised there is not more interest in this....on the s4 I never used a tmobile rom...to much stutter but international update fixed it.....we shall see

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
There has to be a way....just one that I xant figure out with my limited ability....surprised there is not more interest in this....on the s4 I never used a tmobile rom...to much stutter but international update fixed it.....we shall see

I agree. The various varients (International and Tmobile anyway) phones are so similar - nearly the exact same phone, right? The only difference that I know of is the radio and the modem software - right? - but on the S4 - it was virtually possible to flash any International ROM on both ATT and TMOBILE phones even some kernels were interchangeable - hopefully, someone with a lot more brains than I have will come up with a quick and easy solution - we are so close.....fingers crossed....

Reactions: ktetreault14

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
Damn you beat me to it lol i was just going to try this myself since i used to port n7100 note 2 roms to the att note 2, ill see about bluetooth :)

hmm wonder if same method for note 2 will work for borked bluetooth on note 3

Last edited:

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
does usb mount on omega work for you guys?

To be honest, I don't recall - during the week I have to come back to my DD because of my travels for work and the need for blue tooth - but when I get a chance I will restore my nandroid of this rom and see -come to think of it, maybe not - which is why I always keep WIFI Explorer on my phone so I can hook up via wifi if needed. but just to be sure,I will check and get back to you.

Sure hope someone finds a BLUE TOOTH FIX sometime SOON!

Reactions: mlock420

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
To be honest, I don't recall - during the week I have to come back to my DD because of my travels for work and the need for blue tooth - but when I get a chance I will restore my nandroid of this rom and see -come to think of it, maybe not - which is why I always keep WIFI Explorer on my phone so I can hook up via wifi if needed. but just to be sure,I will check and get back to you.

Sure hope someone finds a BLUE TOOTH FIX sometime SOON!

Well I've tried quite a few things, flashing omega as it is actually still boots up but everything like wifi, bt and nfc still do not work. I then added the wifi folder and bt folder in the omega zip before flashing that fixed the wifi issue but still no bt or nfc. Someone in the omega thread actually made a zip with kernel and wifi fix but still bt issues and nfc. I might have to ask some other devs with higher knowledge see what they think. I've even added all lib files from a tmob rom and still nada. I'm beginning to think it's something with kernels and drivers.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: aalupatti

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Well I've tried quite a few things, flashing omega as it is actually still boots up but everything like wifi, bt and nfc still do not work. I then added the wifi folder and bt folder in the omega zip before flashing that fixed the wifi issue but still no bt or nfc. Someone in the omega thread actually made a zip with kernel and wifi fix but still bt issues and nfc. I might have to ask some other devs with higher knowledge see what they think. I've even added all lib files from a tmob rom and still nada. I'm beginning to think it's something with kernels and drivers.

Your dancing on a floor reserved for people with much greater skills than me - I really appreciate your efforts and hope soon that you and or any of the DEVS are able to come up with something that will open the door to the International ROMS - We don't have nearly enough variety yet on TOMBILE (I know, patience grasshopper, it will come) but just the same -Omega and a few others are really quite special.

Fingers crossed and thanks again

Reactions: turilo

profcx

May 24, 2011
Hi everyone. I have had success with this on the XNote ROM. However, I only replaced the wifi folder and didn't bother to edit build.prop. Can anyone advise regarding the build.prop tweak. What's the purpose of it? Should I bother or leave it as is?

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
Hi everyone. I have had success with this on the XNote ROM. However, I only replaced the wifi folder and didn't bother to edit build.prop. Can anyone advise regarding the build.prop tweak. What's the purpose of it? Should I bother or leave it as is?

Yes but as you will notice bluetooth and nfc are not working, or are they for you?

profcx

May 24, 2011
Yes but as you will notice bluetooth and nfc are not working, or are they for you?

No BT or NFC. Don't really use NFC. Used BT daily with headset on Note2. Learning to live without it for the while...
So I edited the build.prop...first thing after reboot I got a message saying that my Wifi connection was unstable. The connection then dropped. I had to reconnect and re-enter my wifi passkey...strange.
Since then (which is only like 20 mins) I have remained connected without a problem.

GHOSTIVVI

Sep 28, 2008
Is there possibly another field that has to be modified in the build.prop to enable Bluetooth and NFC?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

axi0m

Nov 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
To be honest, I didn't figure this out myself. I just looked at someone else's script. I've found that copying the wifi folder is all that's required. I was wrong about the build prop edits. Still no NFC or Bluetooth yet. I'm sure someone will figure this out, and we'll have interoperability among variants soon.

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA
Isn't that a kernel issue? I think there is not yet a compatible kernel that works with Inter. ROMS on TMO devices.

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
I think we need to try it with cwm guys, someone mentioned everything works for him on his N900W8 note 3 but he uses chenglu cwm. ill give it a go in 2 min. Funny thing also I gave chenglu the stock recovery for N900W8 lol if its because of recovery ill personally be suprised, but doughtfull

EDIT: Yeah ignore all that, still same issues even with CWM. I think the person doesn't really know what hes looking for that says everything is working :/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It looks like it has gotten much easier to get BLUE TOOTH and WIFI working when you flash roms originally made for 9005 GN3 on a TMOBILE GN3.

First Step is go over and dowload the Bluetooth fix posted in the Stainless ROM in TMOBILE ANDROID DEVELOPMENT Forum http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2499593 Make sure you click thanks on the Dev who made this possible! MISCOM did a real service when she came up with this fix....

Step Two - flash the 9005 ROM of your choice (I have done this for both BOB CAT and OMEGA ROMS)

Step 3 - Flash ROM -

STEP FOUR Flash BLUE TOOTH FIX

Step Five - Flash TMOBILE KERNEL - I flashed Compulsive Ultimate 5.0 - don't know if it is absolutely necessary to this entire fix, but that is what I did anyway ....

Step 6 REBOOT

Step 7 Say thanks to the DEV who created the BLUE TOOTH FIX

GOOD LUCK

Whatever you do - make sure you give thanks to the DEV who created the BLUETOOTH FIX
    Damn you beat me to it lol i was just going to try this myself since i used to port n7100 note 2 roms to the att note 2, ill see about bluetooth :)

hmm wonder if same method for note 2 will work for borked bluetooth on note 3
    My internal gets wiped every time I flash x-note rom which is the only international rom I flash (other than foxhound) and I have never used the wipe function in aroma. I always full wipe in recovery. Foxhound doesn't wipe my internal sd after flash. I'm not too savvy when it comes to checking for what partitions get wiped during install and all that stuff so I just compared aroma options during install and the only real difference I saw (other than specific features/apps) was that x-note forces you to choose a csc during install. Now because I have a T-mobile Note 3, that changes my csc whenever I flash x-note rom coming from a t-mobile based rom. So I figured, it must be that which is causing my internal sd card to be wiped. It was just a guess as I can see that you have pretty much found the culprit in the updater script. My next question is can you share what you changed in the updater script? I want to flash the new x-note update but don't want my internal sd to be wiped when I do.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Let me download the l latest X-Note and make the changes I've been making to the updater-scipt and try flashing it and make sure my internal memory is intact and if all is well I'll send you the updater-scipt to replace. I would rather test on my device first and make sure everything is good before giving it to you God forbid anything went wrong. Highly unlikely but you never know. Let you know after while.

I think the reason the internal sd card gets wiped when flashing x-note rom is because it changes the csc during install. When you flash x-note rom, you don't have the option to keep your csc you have to choose one of the available ones in the aroma installer. Changing your phone's csc will wipe the internal sd card. I'm just guessing here, but I'm almost sure that's what it is.

That should have nothing to do with it. When I use to do some themeing I use to work with Scrosler, the creator of CleanROM and he always added being able to change csc to match the version or carrier you were on and it never touched the internal memory. Shouldn't affect it at all.

Edit: Also, I flashed a rom from the 9005 section that T-Mobile users were saying was wiping there internal memory. That rom also gave you the ability to choose csc during installation. I never touched that but I did open the updater-script and seen where they were mounting and wiping a partition that I've not seen get mounted or wiped on a T-Mobile rom. So I removed those lines from the updater-script, went through the normal install, booted the phone up and all was well and my internal memory was intact.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Could a T-Mobile user that has FoxNHound downloaded or any other 9005 rom that didn't wipe your internal memory after flashing please post the updater-script from that rom for me? I'd greatly appreciate it. Saves me the time of having to download multiple roms and gives me more time to focus on what I think is causing us the problem. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Getting ready to flash Omega now. Wish me luck:eek:

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Succuess!! Made some changes to the updater-script from Omega v4.0, flahed the rom and everything is running good and my internal memory is still intact.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4
    Looks like we have a fix for bluetooth by a great dev miscom, look in op and give thanks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2499593

[ROM][N9005XXUBMJ3][V1][10/26] STAINLESS -- International ROM

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk