AT&T Mega on Straight Talk

Search This thread

caguas56

May 25, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
Just got my Mega from Swappa on the AT&T(SGH-I527) unlocked and switched to Straight Talk and loving it!!!!!!!!!!!. Drove all over the City listening to internet radio without loosing 4g!!!. if this test holds on I'll abandon Sprint for good!!!!!! :):):):laugh::fingers-crossed::p:good::D

Reactions: reconkiller

caguas56

May 25, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
Been a week on Straight Talk and so far so good. does anyone on Straight Talk experience data slow down?. and it so, when?. someone told me that the threshold id 2.5G.

enigma2446

Jan 12, 2013
Florence, Montana
Google Pixel 6
Been a week on Straight Talk and so far so good. does anyone on Straight Talk experience data slow down?. and it so, when?. someone told me that the threshold id 2.5G.

I haven't yet but sure they will catch up to me... I used 4gb last month with no throttling but a friend of mine got throttled recently. I'm usually on wifi so 2.5gb is enough. They guarantee 2.5gb witch is alot considering every other prepaid/contract carrier only offer around 2gb or less on average but for 45 a month you can't beat it.

< Coming to you live from the planet One X >

enigma2446

Jan 12, 2013
Florence, Montana
Google Pixel 6
Also there are a few apn settings out there that all work, I like to have 4 in my apn settings and each week of the month I'll switch them.... One each week if that helps.

enigma2446

Jan 12, 2013
Florence, Montana
Google Pixel 6
Just for that reason of being throttled although I don't think it matters anyways but it seems to be working for me. I don't go over that much. I average around 3.2 gb a month

enigma2446

Jan 12, 2013
Florence, Montana
Google Pixel 6
I dont go that high either .tmobile just sucks as terms for service around here ....straight talk have fast service ?

2SHAYNE

Yes depending on ur area and depending on if you have the old sim and new sim I'm using a old one and get pretty good days speeds for hspda
e3y9ydet.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

And I live way out in the country.... I drive 40 Min everyday for work that test was done at my home

enigma2446

Jan 12, 2013
Florence, Montana
Google Pixel 6
It's definitely worth at least one month test run. Especially now that they have lte support. I have all the options. I have at&t sim cards t mobile s cards and the cdma activation card all through straight talk.

shynn27

Sep 7, 2013
I'm having trouble getting the LTE based on the apn settings on straightalk.com. do you mind sharing your settings. I'm using the at&t mega 6.3 sgh-i527 with the at&t straighttalk sim. Thx

D's Mega 6.3 ♥★♥ sgh-i527

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
how much data can you use on straight talk till they slow you down 1.5 gigs? i wonder how strict they are on actually enforcing things.

its a tough call cause the $30 100min 5 gig tmobile plan is really good but i think the at&t lte coverage is better

enigma2446

Jan 12, 2013
Florence, Montana
Google Pixel 6

To be honest I'm not sure what's going on all your setting are correct but no data signal. Have you tried another Sim from a friend or family to rule out that the sim isn't bad(that's why there is muti contact points for different operations)? Also have you tried using the old h+ settings from the old Sims configuration.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

how much data can you use on straight talk till they slow you down 1.5 gigs? i wonder how strict they are on actually enforcing things.

its a tough call cause the $30 100min 5 gig tmobile plan is really good but i think the at&t lte coverage is better

There terms of use say 2.5gb cap so ur pretty much guaranteed that as long as your not streaming(music or video) continues. I use that much if not a bit more without any issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my Mega from Swappa on the AT&T(SGH-I527) unlocked and switched to Straight Talk and loving it!!!!!!!!!!!. Drove all over the City listening to internet radio without loosing 4g!!!. if this test holds on I'll abandon Sprint for good!!!!!! :):):):laugh::fingers-crossed::p:good::D
    Anyone know of a way to check how much data you have used on straight talk....like a ussd code ? Or anyway for that matter

2SHAYNEZ

Go to your phone settings under connection, look for The data usage tab.