Guys I think my Note 2 has space herpes

Search This thread

darkmanmd

Jul 5, 2013
Please check out the image below. It doesn't matter what I do..delete, reformat these odd ball folders and files...sometimes over 500 of them, always come back! Believe me. Any help at all short of drop testing the phone would be greatly appreciated! Thanks heaps for the read.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1397515382302.jpg
    1397515382302.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 136

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
Please check out the image below. It doesn't matter what I do..delete, reformat these odd ball folders and files...sometimes over 500 of them, always come back! Believe me. Any help at all short of drop testing the phone would be greatly appreciated! Thanks heaps for the read.

What is the icon in the notification bar with the mu symbol? The mu seems to be part of the equation.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Reactions: darkmanmd

premiatul

Sep 25, 2010
Yeah, couq76 is right, the first icon on the top left is the culprit. Find that app and delete it.
BTW, how come you have 3 gps signal icons?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

nodyarg

Jul 1, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, couq76 is right, the first icon on the top left is the culprit. Find that app and delete it.

looks like utorrent for android, not sure why it would be generating all those files. and those 3 icons are malwarebytes icons. i didnt know malwarebytes has an android version im going to go download it now!

Last edited:

el0heem

Apr 2, 2009
pittsburg, ca
looks like utorrent for android, not sure why it would be generating all those files. and those 3 icons are malwarebytes icons. i didnt know malwarebytes has an android version im going to go download it now!

if it is uTorrent, they're probably temp files that haven't been downloaded yet. If you watch how torrents download on a PC you'll see there are usually temp files that have to be "filled in" with the file data

if there are no active torrents then those files are probably just leftovers from abandoned downloads.

darkmanmd

Jul 5, 2013
My Note 2 Has Space Herpes

What is the icon in the notification bar with the mu symbol? The mu seems to be part of the equation.

Right on all counts guys. And pretty fair eye balling as far away as you are. Yes my first thought was that uTorrent Beta was dropping some bugs, so naturally I uninstalled it and cleaned up what I could find within the system. Then I deleted the weird (looked like uTorrent folders and files. Cleaned up again but the suckers came back like bad pennies but this time they seemed to grow logarithmically. The seemed to be attracted to a folder that I had named "Programs" as I was going to stash uninstalled programs inside (go figure) as that was the first folder to be come affected again. So I got out the RAID, bombed them again; all 458 of them now; then formatted using the note 2 stock program and wonder of wonders they came back again. IOkay I'm thinking I'll fix all you guys. I pulled the external SD Card, slipped it into the (make it the right size thingy) to fit in the media slot of my laptops and long formatted the 32GB there. Guess what, no luck the bast@@rds were back the next day. My last thought is to boot up with Hiren's Boot DVD and do a 010101010101 back to brand new were it a real hard drive "destructive low level format but with my luck so far, I'll either ruin the SD Card or the damn bugs will return. I'm flat out of ideas, What do you guys all think? he said "still befuddled"!

BTW, I am as well clueless as to why Malware Bytes shows up three times in notification but it did catch a bug first time out. Or maybe it just wanted to look good..who knows at this point (laffin) I just uninstalled and reinstalled it now only one icon show up. So, I am Waaay open for suggestions. Thanks for your time and thoughts guys. Much appreciated.

PS. Just as a sidebar: It always upset me when I'd install one of these Android type programs. The nearly brag about stealing your undoes and shoes. Now I ask ya, why would something like AndroZip need to access my phone? Irked me a bit so I got to searching and by god there are APKs that are supposed to be able to turn x-ray vision off. Hoping this is not a waste of your time....The one I like best so far is App Ops, the next in the "try it out line" is Advanced Permissions Manager. Both rate well and have the right look and so far have not crippled a program. Amazing. Looking forward with baited breath for your sage like observations and advice....and that of any other or you smart guys. Thanks again.

StrikeBackv2

Apr 16, 2014
Right on all counts guys. And pretty fair eye balling as far away as you are. Yes my first thought was that uTorrent Beta was dropping some bugs, so naturally I uninstalled it and cleaned up what I could find within the system. Then I deleted the weird (looked like uTorrent folders and files. Cleaned up again but the suckers came back like bad pennies but this time they seemed to grow logarithmically. The seemed to be attracted to a folder that I had named "Programs" as I was going to stash uninstalled programs inside (go figure) as that was the first folder to be come affected again. So I got out the RAID, bombed them again; all 458 of them now; then formatted using the note 2 stock program and wonder of wonders they came back again. IOkay I'm thinking I'll fix all you guys. yada yada....

Im no dev, but in your recovery menu try wipe cache, data, and factory reset. if that dont work try a fresh install of your rom with out the sdcard. if it seems to work try using the sd card again. At least that will give you a clue to where the files are coming from

darkmanmd

Jul 5, 2013

Im no dev, but in your recovery menu try wipe cache, data, and factory reset. if that dont work try a fresh install of your rom with out the sdcard. if it seems to work try using the sd card again. At least that will give you a clue to where the files are coming from

Hi,

Great minds do think alike. I did as you suggested a week or so back excepts I did it harder. Although I left the Extended Memory Card in, I accidentally wiped the whole phone and formatted everything using TWRP. Still the buggers returned! However

Since formatting again killing them all 2 days ago using using the android 4.3 internal app formatting app the backwards u's have yet to come back! I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for coming by to see me.
:)

Reactions: StrikeBackv2

StrikeBackv2

Apr 16, 2014
Hi,

Great minds do think alike. I did as you suggested a week or so back excepts I did it harder. Although I left the Extended Memory Card in, I accidentally wiped the whole phone and formatted everything using TWRP. Still the buggers returned! However

Since formatting again killing them all 2 days ago using using the android 4.3 internal app formatting app the backwards u's have yet to come back! I'll keep you posted.

Your very welcome, that is why we are all here :). definitely keep us all posted. Who knows maybe the next guy will catch this new disease you speak of and come across this and it may either help him, or he can help us figure out the source. Meanwhile I suggest that you get some condoms for your phone ;P

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Right on all counts guys. And pretty fair eye balling as far away as you are. Yes my first thought was that uTorrent Beta was dropping some bugs, so naturally I uninstalled it and cleaned up what I could find within the system. Then I deleted the weird (looked like uTorrent folders and files. Cleaned up again but the suckers came back like bad pennies but this time they seemed to grow logarithmically. The seemed to be attracted to a folder that I had named "Programs" as I was going to stash uninstalled programs inside (go figure) as that was the first folder to be come affected again. So I got out the RAID, bombed them again; all 458 of them now; then formatted using the note 2 stock program and wonder of wonders they came back again. IOkay I'm thinking I'll fix all you guys. yada yada....

Hi,