[Question] how to replace glass lens?

Search This thread

Assassin27

May 28, 2014
Hi, i've cracked my phones screen and it looks like it is the screen lens. Ive been lookong around on how to repair it and i found out that its quite hard since it is glued to the digitizer. I know i have to use a heatgun to repair it but i need to see if somekne has done it with this specific phone. Anyone know how or know a video about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

M-LinkInt.

May 9, 2013
Somewhere...
Repair

Hi, i've cracked my phones screen and it looks like it is the screen lens. Ive been lookong around on how to repair it and i found out that its quite hard since it is glued to the digitizer. I know i have to use a heatgun to repair it but i need to see if somekne has done it with this specific phone. Anyone know how or know a video about it?

A very detailed post can be found here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...cct=/showthread.php&__utmv=-&__utmk=235520898

I know, this process requires buying some tools to get the job done right, but take it from me, it is way safer to go this way than to try with just regular home tools. I spent over $300 trying to fix mine because of a mistake I made when trying to do it without the proper tools. Besides, it still winds up being cheaper than spending ~$110 to fix it with a whole new screen assembly!

Assassin27

May 28, 2014
A very detailed post can be found here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...cct=/showthread.php&__utmv=-&__utmk=235520898

I know, this process requires buying some tools to get the job done right, but take it from me, it is way safer to go this way than to try with just regular home tools. I spent over $300 trying to fix mine because of a mistake I made when trying to do it without the proper tools. Besides, it still winds up being cheaper than spending ~$110 to fix it with a whole new screen assembly!

I already have the lens on its way to my house, so i just need a video on how to do it properly on the exact device. I got the lens for about $10

M-LinkInt.

May 9, 2013
Somewhere...
I already have the lens on its way to my house, so i just need a video on how to do it properly on the exact device. I got the lens for about $10

Oh, so you only need a video??? Would a descriptive picture guide be helpful? I've torn my Skyrocket apart quite a few times, so i know its insides very well. I could put a guide together for you. Can't YouTube it though, since i have a pretty poor internet connection.

Reactions: Assassin27

Assassin27

May 28, 2014
Oh, so you only need a video??? Would a descriptive picture guide be helpful? I've torn my Skyrocket apart quite a few times, so i know its insides very well. I could put a guide together for you. Can't YouTube it though, since i have a pretty poor internet connection.

Yess please that would work too! Thank you very much! ?

Assassin27

May 28, 2014
How soon do you need it?

Whenever you are free because im getting the parts around june 18. Oh and the parts are coming with tools so it would be much easier. But yeah, you can do it when you are available and i can just favourite it and use it when i have my parts.

M-LinkInt.

May 9, 2013
Somewhere...
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.