Evo 4g on virgin mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pimpin oh boy

Dec 13, 2008
since virgin uses sprints tower would it be possible to use the evo on virgin because im think about buy a used one from a friend and i dont want to sign a 2 year deal

xlrdxrevengex

Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Nope would not work. If you really want a evo and your friend will sell you his then you would not need to sign a two year contract. The two is only required for people who buy a new phone or upgrade there phone and do not wish to pay retail price

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

pimpin oh boy

Dec 13, 2008
Nope would not work. If you really want a evo and your friend will sell you his then you would not need to sign a two year contract. The two is only required for people who buy a new phone or upgrade there phone and do not wish to pay retail price

the thing is that sprint doesn't a have plan where some one can buy a phone at full price and use it on a month to month deal or do they and i just cant find in on there webpage like with Verizon i bought a droid when they first came out but paid full price but used it mouth to mouth does sprint have somethink like that

theboundless

Jul 5, 2010
The Evo on metropcs works great for me for the $40 a month price, though you'll have to get the esn added through houdini in a non-official manner so to speak. Search craigslist and there'll be a ton of adds of people who can add the evo to the metropcs network.

dannyxda

Dec 29, 2008
so in other words, yes it's possible as the cdma radio hardware is the same,

however some people who are not lawyers think it's illegal to change the ESN
even though you're not stealing any service.

tritron777

Nov 8, 2008
Virgin does not allow flashed phones on their network (sprint). Now you can flash evo to verizon, cricket and metropc and other verizon based providers. Cricket is nice because for 55 you get android plan with everything unlimited and it runs on network that evo was designed for.

Necrosan

Dec 12, 2007
Milwaukee

You'd be wrong if you sincerely believed this.
Works with $25/month plan perfectly...

Deejaydark

May 17, 2009
Westminster,Md.
You'd be wrong if you sincerely believed this.
Works with $25/month plan perfectly...

so if i went to the virgin mobile website and under swap phone.. i could enter the evo 4g serial number that it ask for.. it would transfer over to the evo 4g then ? i ask because i had a rumor touch and when i got the intercept i just clicked swap phone and enter my SN and went well with he transfer.. now i want to transfer the intercept to the evo 4g.

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
so if i went to the virgin mobile website and under swap phone.. i could enter the evo 4g serial number that it ask for.. it would transfer over to the evo 4g then ? i ask because i had a rumor touch and when i got the intercept i just clicked swap phone and enter my SN and went well with he transfer.. now i want to transfer the intercept to the evo 4g.

You had the Virgin Mobile Intercept though, not the Sprint one, right? It doesn't matter that they're technically the same network. They use different databases to check ESN numbers. You'd have to buy an Android phone from them (get the Optimus V, it's cheaper and better than the Intercept) and spoof the ESN of the Evo to match the other phone's. Make sure only one is turned on at a time though or the ESN will be banned, and since they'll have the same ESN neither will work!

Is it illegal? No. You're not scamming anyone. You'd still be paying the same amount of money. Plus, you own the original phone with the ESN you'd be copying, so it's not illegal.

tdracula

Feb 1, 2011
I'm using HTC Evo on Cricket now, and next couple weeks I'll try to make it work on Virgin base on what I did to transfer from Sprint to cricket. Just change the prl ,ip .........I'll see

tdracula

Feb 1, 2011
Google it and I found the prl from the thread called : How to flash a phone to virgin
Good luck everybody .

StrictNine

Feb 8, 2011
I think I know what thread you are talking about, does data work on the phone as well as voice?
I've heard of people getting talk and text working but not data, so far with the evo.

houboy123

Feb 9, 2011
Hello, So I have an intercept already and just bought an EVO, how do you spoof the esn of the evo? I really need your help guys! Thanks.

StrictNine

Feb 8, 2011
thanks for the reply. I would appreciate anyone elses help!

You can find out what the data settings are on howareforums, in a thread called How To: Flash a phone to virgin mobile, but they won't tell you how to change an esn.

Some people thinks it's illegal to change esn # so we aren't allowed to tell how it's done on most forums.
If you look around online and youtube you can find out.

If you end up getting it working let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to post and say that this works for the EVO on CM7. I tried to get it to work on my sense rom and it force closed android.phone each time. Gotta say thanks a bunch as it was the last thing I needed to get this working perfect.

Don't be afraid to go ahead and hit the thanks button :p

Also would you mind uploading your install zip for others to use so I don't have to build it.

edit: everyone say thanks to constrictor25 for putting this CM7 build together for you guys based on my tutorial.

CM7 for evo with working MMS: http://www.mediafire.com/?vovq9qtl3naa74z
    So how do we go about doing that? I mean your thread basically just says flash this rom for the epic.. could you make a small tut.. thanks! And so glad you finnaly found it!

Extract the following files from your CM7 rom: apns-conf.xml, build.prop, and framework.jar. (winrar works well to extract and overwrite files in a flashable rom)

Well basically you need to open the apns-conf.xml file in notepad and overwrite the apn settings with these:

<apn type="mms" apn="0" mnc="490" mcc="311" carrier="Virgin Mobile US" mmsport="81" mmsproxy="205.239.233.136" mmsc="http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?" port=""/>

Then change the build.prop, from:
    CDMA_CARRIER_ALPHA := Sprint
    CDMA_CARRIER_NUMERIC := 310120

To:
    CDMA_CARRIER_ALPHA := Virgin_Mobile
    CDMA_CARRIER_NUMERIC := 311490

Then open the framework.jar with winrar (found in system/framework). Remove the classes.dex and decompile (here is a link how to: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=709037)

Replace the cdmasmsdispatcher.smali with the one I will attach to this post.

Then recompile the classes.dex and replace it back in the framework.jar.

Overwrite the apns-conf.xml, build.prop, and framework.jar in the cm7 rom you will be flashing. Wipe system, cache, data, & dalvick cache (might want to back up as well to restore data ) and flash.

This should work with cm7, not sure about other roms.

Awesome! Thanks!

When I finally settle on a rom I will try. If it works, I will upload the results here for others, I just need to settle into a rom I like first and then figure it out.

No problem, glad I could help the community out. Like I posted above this, it should work for CM7. Not sure about other roms.
    Patches and a rom
    Flash these just like a rom (wipe Dalvik and cache at most).

AOKP 28 patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lta4anv80u4x25e

Dark/Light1 Patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a7fvv544yl3wep3
    This is based on AOKP but not identical. I have been having MMS issues (even with my OV), so I can't test it. It was a request, so here it is, it may or may not work.

CyanogenMod Official 7.2.0 RC1 patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?782frz7fup583xc

Harmonia 2.06 for Evo4g on Virgin Mobile Rom
    This is based on the CM 7.2.0 RC1. and seems to run well.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bju33h260q1me71
    MD5: 56dc97e01cf819db0d18362f02d188a0
    If you know Harmonia, you know what to expect from it. This is really just a private build for me/us, since it's patched for Virgin's mms.
    I'm searching through several threads to try to piece together everything I need to add Evo to VM. Is there just one full tut from A-Z to help? I am working on rooting and unlocking now. But as far as CDMA workshop, FPS, QPST and others, which one is really needed?

I used Harmonia on my Optimus V, loved it but I'm kinda anti-stock ware look but it ran really smooth. I will try out the CM7 version for 4G when I get this phone set up, if ever. :confused:

You will probably need QPST/QXDM to write the MEID of the optimus to the EVO. And then you will probably need just DFS CDMA to read and write the old NAM and DATA values to the EVO. You might need LGNPST to unlock the Optimus for reading though.
    If your donor is an Lg optimus V then there is no way to get the secret AAAkeys . the folder they are in EFS system is locked . I have every program PAID and cannot unlock it . The only way i see is before you activate the optimus you must flash a new RADIO file that has the Attribuits of the nmv folder unlocked . I have tried all the programs including qpst qdmx cdma DFS ETC.... it wont read them or let you change that attrubuits of that folder . And Unfortunatly voice and text is all we got . and wifi . Comments?
    Oh there are three versions of the Lg optimus V - one with 2.2.1 and two with 2.2.2 . tried them all .. BTW . they are cheap on ebay . you can pick un the samsung or the optimus for less than 40 bucks with a clear esn ready to activate .

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

It's because you have to have at least 1x working first..at least thats what i fihured out on all my optimus v's .. it will do that if there is no data whatsoever but if yo have at least !x it activates.

I have the LGPSNT and DLL file just pm your email address