[Q] No app2sd partition found???

Search This thread

zvo

Sep 21, 2010
Can someone please explain to me how to correct is problem? I'm new to installing roms and rooting. I'm using clockwork.

No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext.

shoemeistah

Jul 29, 2009
Netherlands, The
Get rom manager app from market and flash clockwork recovery, then partition your sd card to get an ext.
Or do this with amon ra recovery.

Sent from my HTC

zvo

Sep 21, 2010
Thanks for the advice. I been trying to install cyanogenmod 6 on my evo. Are there any specific setting of an 8g sdcard and do i still need to install a ENGbootloader if i partition my card?

--Installing: SDCARD: /clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/cm/stable/supersonic/update-cm-6.0.0-supersonic-signed.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Welcome to Cyanogenmod-6.0.0-Supersonic!
assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader") =="0.76.2000"
getprop("ro.bootloader")=="0.79.0000"
E: Error in /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/cm/stable/supersonic/update-cm-6.0.0-Supersonic-signed.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.
/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log. Please open ROM Manager to report the issue

robert1968

Mar 23, 2011
Solution for No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext

Hi,

Background:
I have a beloved ZTE BLADE. :)
Had a new 8 GB Class6 microSD card.
I don't have external SD card reader!

Goal: To partition SD card with FAT32 and ext2 partition to use app2sd feature.

Problem: ClockWork 3.0.1.4 (CW) can't do partitioning. (Exactly it say it is done, but after it can't find ext partition.)
Message is: No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext

Solution:

1. adb shell - (There are some guide for beginner how to do this.)

2. umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or else parted will crash. Also fdisk can't write partition table because of used partition on same device!)

3. fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk0 partition to fat+ext2 Don't forget to write it at end!

4 Manually make ext2 fs:
#mkfs.ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

5. Manual mount of ext2 partition. ( Or else you will faced with error message later. CW will not se the EXT2 partition !!! )
Error message if you skip this step:
# mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext

6. Umount ext.
# umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

Tadamm! Voala...
CW will be able to format EXT partition and mount it. :)

The trick was manual umount FAT partition + manual mount ext2.

Regards,
Robert Szabo

Last edited:

factor3

Jul 1, 2011
Nashua
No known solution (so far) for Nook Color

This weird problem is showing up when I am using Clockwork to prepare my Nook Color for installing an Android installation. It is appearing pretty consistently right now.

I have looked at various solutions:

1. Creating an ext partition on the SD card

This involves going to the Advanced selection on Clockwork and partitioning the SD card. This is a bad idea, because it (obviously) wipes the SD card completely, removing Clockwork and making the SD card un- bootable. As a result, you cannot do anything else with Clockwork (including, of course, any flashing!).

2. Attempting to create an app2sd partition on the Clockwork SD

I noticed that the Clockwork image, when placed on an 8 GB SD card, leaves about 380 Mb of unallocated space. Using EASUS I attempted to allocate some space for a partition called "app2sd". I do not know if this would have solved the problem, because ASUS is unable to create the partition. When you do the Apply in EASUS, it acts like it is creating the new partition, but then it reverts everything back to unallocated.

3. Searching for solutions on the Net

This is a waste of time, because most of the solutions people have given are either not for SD cards with Clockwork on them, or they presume that you already have a flashed and running installation and suggest using an installed Clockwork in order to create the partition. Since I am trying to get it to work properly on a Clockwork SD, these solutions do not help.

What is needed is either a Clockwork installation procedure that places an app3sd partition on the SD card when the image is put on, or a way to place an app2sd partition on the card after the Clocwork image is put on it.

This of course assumes that the app2sd partition is even needed on the Clockwork SD. If it isn't, then could somene please tell me so that I ccan forget about this problem?

Otherwise, does anyone know of a way to get this partition on a Clockwork SD card?

Thanks in advance for any information...

Brenson

Account currently disabled
Dec 12, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
before putting the ROM preferred to do this: put the original CWM / + volume buttons and power / do 2 wipe / replace the modified CWM / do the other 2 in advanced wipe / format system / install the ROM favorite / and you're ok .
* doing so I have solved this problem.

Last edited: