Blog program for Leo?

Search This thread

scrabble8

Nov 19, 2009
Anyone who knows about a blog program for Leo? I used iPhone before, and had a genius blog program innstalled. But I cant seem to find anything for WM 6.5/Leo.

Any ideas? Thanks for looking/helping :)

savvase

Dec 14, 2005
That is because on iPhone there is an app for just about anything and for windows mobile nothing, i too made the mistake and switched from an iPhone 3GS to an HD2 and regret the day i did it. On iPhone i had all kind of great apps, games etc and now i cant find anything equivalent for windows mobile. The marketplace is a joke. I am searching for a week now for a good financial program with nice and touch friendly interface and i cant find anything. If you look on the appstore for such a program you can find hundreds of them. I will definitely switch back to iPhone, but the only thing i regret is that HD2 is such a marvelous device and is let down by windows mobile.

scrabble8

Nov 19, 2009
I agree and not agree with you savvase. I love my iPhone and the apps on it, but I think its to earli to get so hard against HD2 and windows mobile. I only use mac, and until now have I had iPhone, since 1 gen. (upgraded to 2gen and 3GS) When the 1 gen iPhone came, the app store didnt look like it do now today. It didnt take long time before the programs came, but I think we should give W marketplace a chance to build up. Even if iPhone is big on the mobile market, its many WM users also. I dont says it will turn into a big sucess, and it will overcome the iPhone. If the "wanna knowers" are correct, the WM 7.0 will release next year. Who knows? It might be a big surprice for us?

I miss a lot of the apps on my iPhone (the reason to this thread ;) ) but I think I will manage without a lot of them, while I give the HD2 a chance. For me the HD2 has so much other goodies, that I will keep it for a while and test :) But ! I will also keep my iPhone in backup :p

If my english is broken or bad, I'm very sorry. Its not my national language :p

But ! Is there anyone with a solution to my problem? :D

Last edited:

savvase

Dec 14, 2005
Unfortunately i don't think you can find such an app on windows mobile and if one arrives it will definitely not have the same functionality and user interface as the ones on iPhone but since you kept your iPhone you can continue updating your blog from your iPhone.

scrabble8

Nov 19, 2009
Thats true !
But until it shows up something, I belive... :p

And ! keeping my iPhone for blogging... :D

DennisMoore

Sep 7, 2005
Unfortunately i don't think you can find such an app on windows mobile and if one arrives it will definitely not have the same functionality and user interface as the ones on iPhone but since you kept your iPhone you can continue updating your blog from your iPhone.

There are also tons of financial apps for Windows Mobile. But unlike on iPhone, you have to search for them on the internet yourself. The marketplace for WM just started and you shouldn't expect to find the same amount of apps as you do in AppStore.

I think both platforms have their advantages and disadvantages.

If you use iPhone you can download anything from AppStore real quick. But on the other hand you are limited to AppStore, unless you "hack" your iPhone.
On Windows Mobile you don't have such a nice AppStore (not yet, might come, who knows ;)), but you're also not limited to it. You can download and install anything you find from any source you like and from any developer you can find. That's also nice.
And with more and more "touchable" Smartphones based on WM, you'll also find more and more fingerfriendly apps.
You must see, that the iPhone is only one kind of device, which developers create apps for. WM is found on tons of different devices, each with different ways for data input. Some have touch-abilitys, some don't.
It's quite the same thing as the comparison of Macs and PCs.

scrabble8

Nov 19, 2009
Thanks jengla, I will have a look at that.

I used Blogpress on iPhone, and I hoped for a similiar app for WM. I have tried three blog programs for WM now, and two dosent work propably, and the last one, is to simple.

Pic from BP.

s_1.jpg