Help I cannot install CWM anymore

Search This thread

domiankrey

Jan 22, 2013
Hi there,

First I have installed CWM with the method I had to use the codes "adb reboot bootloader"... and so on and It worked perfectly.

I wanted to install the Envi ROM and on the tutorial there was said I first should install the Base ROM and then after restarting I should install the Envi ROM. After installing the Base ROM my CWM was gone. Now I can't install it anymore. I tried the following install methods:

-The one I've mentioned already <- Doesnt work because my PC says it does not know the command abd

-The install.bat method <- Does not work because my phone does not get recognized, despite I have all the drivers installed.

-The RecoverX method <- Does not work because my phone does not get recognized, despite I have all the drivers installed.

-The RecoverX app <- The says that installing CWM worked normally, but still I have no CWM

-The install.bat method directly on my phone <- SManager does not run the .bat even I ran it with the proper rights and adjustments

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
Hi there,

First I have installed CWM with the method I had to use the codes "adb reboot bootloader"... and so on and It worked perfectly.
-The one I've mentioned already <- Doesnt work because my PC says it does not know the command abd

Did You try flashing a kernel with pre installed recovery? You can flash it using fastboot directly or flashtool.
Also, the command is adb, not "abd". Plus if windows doesn't recognize adb command, then the adb.exe is not in the folder from where You are running the command prompt from.

Reactions: domiankrey

domiankrey

Jan 22, 2013
Did You try flashing a kernel with pre installed recovery? You can flash it using fastboot directly or flashtool.
Also, the command is adb, not "abd". Plus if windows doesn't recognize adb command, then the adb.exe is not in the folder from where You are running the command prompt from.

How can I flash a Kernel with a pre Installed Recovery

Where do I get the adb.exe?

domiankrey

Jan 22, 2013
You can install the DoomKernel, it has pre installed recovery. You can flash it via flashtool fastboot. But do note, You have to be on stock ROM.

adb.exe is usually in the flashing files.

I have my phone connected in fastboot mode and the fastboot.exe and the kernel are in the same directory.

When I type: fastboot flash boot kernel.elf it only says "waiting for device"...

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
I have my phone connected in fastboot mode and the fastboot.exe and the kernel are in the same directory.

When I type: fastboot flash boot kernel.elf it only says "waiting for device"...

To connect Your phone in fastboot, You have to switch off Your phone. Then press & hold volume up and then connect the phone to Your PC.

domiankrey

Jan 22, 2013
To connect Your phone in fastboot, You have to switch off Your phone. Then press & hold volume up and then connect the phone to Your PC.

I know that and I did that, but still my device cannot be detected.

I started Ubuntu (Live CD) installed adb und fastboot and tried it there... same result?

Is something wrong is my phone?

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
I don't think the drivers have been installed properly. Install fastboot and flash mode drivers from flashtool, it has drivers in it's folder. Else if even that doesn't work, install "Sony Update Service", and it will install required drivers.
Edit: I'm giving You instructions for Windows, are You using Ubuntu or was that just a trial?

domiankrey

Jan 22, 2013
I don't think the drivers have been installed properly. Install fastboot and flash mode drivers from flashtool, it has drivers in it's folder. Else if even that doesn't work, install "Sony Update Service", and it will install required drivers.
Edit: I'm giving You instructions for Windows, are You using Ubuntu or was that just a trial?

I am using Windows. I installed from flashtool and I did not work, I am gonna try Sony Update Service now.

I tried Ubuntu because somebody said me that Ubuntu will detect all the drivers automaticly and there would be no detection problem...

Edit: After INSTALLING Update Service, I still get the same Message "Device not found" Should I run my phone through update Service too?
Why did it not work on my phone with smanager?

Last edited:

Captain Droid

Dec 6, 2012
Riyadh
I am using Windows. I installed from flash tool and I did not work, I am gonna try Sony Update Service now.

I tried Ubuntu because somebody said me that Ubuntu will detect all the drivers automatically and there would be no detection problem...

Edit: After INSTALLING Update Service, I still get the same Message "Device not found" Should I run my phone through update Service too?
Why did it not work on my phone with s manager?

I suppose your phone is Xperia S.
If you have unlocked the boot loader , then Sony Official Softwares wont work. If your boot loader is still locked and this error is occurring then its mistake from your side.

I guess by Base ROM you meant official ROM. So if you were on official ROM, did you check for Root Privileges, Busy Box is installed etc ??
Im using Xperia Ion so the steps might be different but results all are same.

Try different methods, it will work.

domiankrey

Jan 22, 2013
If you have unlocked the boot loader , then Sony Official Softwares wont work. If your boot loader is still locked and this error is occurring then its mistake from your side.

I guess by Base ROM you meant official ROM. So if you were on official ROM, did you check for Root Privileges, Busy Box is installed etc ??

By Base Rom I mean the following; I wanted to use the Envi Rom and for this Rom a Base Rom should be installed first.

I have unlocked Bootloader. Busybox is installed and Root Priviliges are given. Before installing the Base ROM I used the APP "Smanager" and I ran the install.sh with the app and then the CWM was there. But now that doesnt work anymore and DeliverX does also not work.
And all methods which require connection to PC won't work because those methods say my device is not detected or connected. I installed CWM on my phone and on other phones several times and never I had thode problems...

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
... After INSTALLING Update Service, I still get the same Message "Device not found" Should I run my phone through update Service too?...
Do one thing, check Your Device Manager. Disconnect Your phone, Open Device Manager, then connect Your phone again. See if the Device Manager gets refreshed. If it does, Your device is being connected to the PC. Then check for Xperia S or anything related to Sony under "Other Devices" or other similar areas. Then right click on it to install drivers.

domiankrey

Jan 22, 2013
Do one thing, check Your Device Manager. Disconnect Your phone, Open Device Manager, then connect Your phone again. See if the Device Manager gets refreshed. If it does, Your device is being connected to the PC. Then check for Xperia S or anything related to Sony under "Other Devices" or other similar areas. Then right click on it to install drivers.

I just did that.

My phone is getting showed under "Tragbare Geräte" which means portable devices. When I right click on it says:
-Update drivers
-Deactivate
-Uninstall
-Looking for changed hardware
-Properties

If I click on Update drivers the message shows, that the best driver is already installed.

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
I just did that.

My phone is getting showed under "Tragbare Geräte" which means portable devices. When I right click on it says:
-Update drivers
-Deactivate
-Uninstall
-Looking for changed hardware
-Properties

If I click on Update drivers the message shows, that the best driver is already installed.

There should be a device like the highlighted one in attachment.

Attachments

• adb_s.png
    adb_s.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 16

domiankrey

Jan 22, 2013
There should be a device like the highlighted one in attachment.

This is how it looks on my PC.

Since (I was told in an other Android Forum it is like this) that on Ubuntu, Ubuntu recognizes my phone automaticly and still I installed the drivers there and it didnt not work and since neither RecoverX on my phone nor smanager on my phone dit install CWM I think the problem is my phone not the PC...

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    89.6 KB · Views: 16

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
This is how it looks on my PC.

Since (I was told in an other Android Forum it is like this) that on Ubuntu, Ubuntu recognizes my phone automaticly and still I installed the drivers there and it didnt not work and since neither RecoverX on my phone nor smanager on my phone dit install CWM I think the problem is my phone not the PC...

Could You translate what the yellow mark text is? I think the device is recognized wrongly or wrong drivers were installed for it. Unfortunately, I don't know much about Ubuntu.

domiankrey

Jan 22, 2013
Could You translate what the yellow mark text is? I think the device is recognized wrongly or wrong drivers were installed for it. Unfortunately, I don't know much about Ubuntu.

What do you mean with yellowk mark text? I see no yellow text...

If you mean the 3 devices which have a yellow sign:
- Ethernet Controller should be clear.
- Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-inferface - I do not know what that is.
- Basissystemgerät - means somehting like basic system device

domiankrey

Jan 22, 2013
With other ROMS I was able to install a CWM from my phone (with the deliverx app or a script manager app), but for this rom this doesnt work anymore.
So is there a way to install an other ROM without CWM (and when I have this ROM I would try if installing CWM directly with an app works again)?

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
With other ROMS I was able to install a CWM from my phone (with the deliverx app or a script manager app), but for this rom this doesnt work anymore.
So is there a way to install an other ROM without CWM (and when I have this ROM I would try if installing CWM directly with an app works again)?

Unfortunately Your device is not being detected as an adb device. The problem would be solved if somehow it is detected in adb or if You are able to install recovery from cell. I will try to check out more. Say, did You try the goo manager app, twrp manager or rom maanager to install recovery?

domiankrey

Jan 22, 2013
Unfortunately Your device is not being detected as an adb device. The problem would be solved if somehow it is detected in adb or if You are able to install recovery from cell. I will try to check out more. Say, did You try the goo manager app, twrp manager or rom maanager to install recovery?

I will Try Goo and TWRPG Manager. Rom Manager does not work with Xperia S I already tried it.

EDIT:

1. Goo Manager does not work. I installed the Open Recovery.img and then I tried to install the ROM (eXistenZ V2 Black) but it only restarts my phone <- Does not work

2. TWRPG Manager does not even the TWRPG Recovery.

3. Previously I used this App to install CWM and it worked. Now I used the App and the App said installed CWM worked but There is no CWM on my phone (or it can't get started neither manually by pressing up nor automatically with an App which reboots me into CWM). <-Does no work.

4. On other time I used this App to run the cwm-install.ch on my phone. It worked and CWM was on my phone. Now the script does not run and therefore CWM also cannot be installed with this method. <- Does not work.

5. After all that, today I tried to install an official Rom with Sony PC Companion (and then starting from 0 with an other ROM, to try all the other stuff again) but It says I cannot install the official ROM Update. because, I do not have the official ROM installed, <- Does not work

I dont know what to do anymore.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

How can I flash a Kernel with a pre Installed Recovery

Where do I get the adb.exe?
    You can install the DoomKernel, it has pre installed recovery. You can flash it via flashtool fastboot. But do note, You have to be on stock ROM.

adb.exe is usually in the flashing files.

I am using Windows. I installed from flash tool and I did not work, I am gonna try Sony Update Service now.

I tried Ubuntu because somebody said me that Ubuntu will detect all the drivers automatically and there would be no detection problem...

Why did it not work on my phone with s manager?