New update 357MB OTA

Search This thread

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Nice. . How fully something that can be ported to tmobile, do you know how to pull the link to it?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

Son Rise

Sep 8, 2009

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Also u wouldn't update If I were you as you might not be able to root the OTA

jonathanhtc

Apr 14, 2011
New York
I am stock by now. I was rooted but I had few problems with recovery so I flashed to stock. Then now today a few minutes ago the new ota came.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

Son Rise

Sep 8, 2009
I am stock by now. I was rooted but I had few problems with recovery so I flashed to stock. Then now today a few minutes ago the new ota came.

Everybodys gonna probably gonna get it. Thats on stock. Wish there was a download link to it. To install it manually

jonathanhtc

Apr 14, 2011
New York
There you have a Sshot

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373276515960.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373276515960.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,668

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Everybodys gonna probably gonna get it. Thats on stock. Wish there was a download link to it. To install it manually

If he can pull the dl link, although I'm not sure if he can considering he is not rooted, I will be able to tell you guys what is different.

Son Rise

Sep 8, 2009
I doubt anything will be different on the update

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
New Baseband and build number obviously, have you guys, sprint, always had the samsung Sucure thing at the bottom? Tmobile doesn't

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I doubt anything will be different on the update

Had to. Lol that's why it's an UPdate. .lol

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

There you have a Sshot

Also, have you noticed anything different yourself? Check the camera

Inline

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco
An update coming soon should include improvements to the camera and most importantly the native ability to install apps on to your external SD card(and more, but those are the most prevalent I remember from reading the article on it). But I don't know if that's included in this one, let us know what ya find.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: inmnbob

Stealyourface

Oct 19, 2007
VA Beach
Last edited:

Inline

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco
Check to see if you can move apps to the sd card in app settings?

Nope. Not there on MDL.

Oh dear lol. I see I don't got the Secure Boot Status thing either on MDC. Hope Samsung/Sprint isn't trying to lock up the bootloader or something lol. (Not saying it is, I have no clue what it actually means but that would suck lol, I don't even know if that's possible in an update)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    See what happens when I don't have the phone in hand?

Downloading now - I'll start pulling it apart.
    Anyone check to see if latest CF-Auto Root and/or SuperSU will stay in after this update?
    Hello all, i'd like to answer some of your questions if possible. I've been working with Knox as a QA resource with a 3rd party testing a implementation of Knox and i'd like to answer a few points that have been brought up.

1. Activating Knox (knoxifying) a device locks the bootloader and activates the Knox Agent. The Knox agent will consistently force close and attempt to unsinstall any SU style application. The bootloader in Odin mode scans bootloader, PDA, Modem, CSC files for a unique Knox Samsung certificate.
    2. After activating Knox you will see that the Secure Boot Mode changes to 'Enforcing'
    3. There is no known way to reverse it back into a Permissive state and remove the Knox agent. Conversations with Samsung have proved less then useful on this subject however i've heard rumor they are coming up with a way to reverse it.
    4. Knox cannot be activated soley on its own.
    5. MDM vendors will still have full control of device even when Knox is activated. Knox is not meant to Sandbox a devices MDM vendor. It is meant to sandbox secure corp data, MDM vendors will more then likely still have samples and controls of device.

I had previously made a thread on reddit.com/r/android which I answered a lot of questions there as well however I cannot link to it due to using a throwaway account.
    whoa, they are updating the entire bootchain and adding 3 new apps. knox, briefing, and SPDclient.. sounds like they finally got knox figured out and ready to deploy
    I'll bet @jonathanhtc had NO CLUE this thread would blow up like this! lol

I made a video showing how to install this AND a video going over the new updates!

How To Install: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMNV2H-2GvA

MF9 Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-h4avjwX3o

Oh, by the way... I ran the MDL tar via Odin (after the MF9 update), used CF Auto Root, installed TWRP, restored my Nandroid... and now the Galaxy S4 is back to CM10.1!
    https://twitter.com/wwjoshdew/status/354477470235361282/photo/1

I plan on making a video on @Unknownforce's MF9 radio update thread, for those that are using CM10.1!
    I pulled it from my phone. I have no clue how well the place I uploaded it will stand up to people downloading it. If anyone has a good free uploading service let me know.

EDIT:
    Here it is with a few mirrors..
    the one on google's site
    android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l720/bfeb51f4befc9f910dff1c6070f2d387aaac37de.update_SPH-L720_MDL_CSB_user_RP_to_MF9_CSB_user_RP.zip

then the crappy place i uplaoded it to
    http://www.filedropper.com/bfeb51f4...c37deupdatesph-l720mdlcsbuserrptomf9csbuserrp