I've a smartphone which tends to shutdown randomly on its free will. Help, please.

Search This thread

straud

Jan 15, 2014
Hi there,

I'm having a problem with my smartphone and i felt like this is the #1 place to ask for guidance on android issues over the interwebz.

I have a low-budget Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360.
It's running what it came with, Android 2.3.6 / Gingerbread.XXLK3.

30 minutes after having it, i foolishly decided i need more internal memory and rooted the device, in order to remove the useless apps on it.

It was a total slaughter. I think i even pwnd Samsung Apps app.

Anyway, device worked well for months after the bloody carnage, but recently backfired right into my face with random shutdowns.

I have no proper idea on the reasoning of these shutdowns but i've collected some data on the subject, here they are;

- It randomly shuts down almost every day. Just 3-5 times a day if it's on a good mood. Over 10-12 if it feels down.
- Device never shuts down while being charged or connected through USB.
- Device usually shuts down after i used power button to lock the screen.
- It's not being locked on black screen, it definitelly shuts down, not properly tho. (no small time vibrating)
- I feel like front sensors (which turns off the screen during calls) might be causing this, because lately it's shutting down whilst calls on my face. I even managed to shut it down by wiping the mentioned sensors with my thumb.
- Sometimes it can be shut down by brute force. I mean putting it down to table a little bit harder than average.
- My SDCard is problematic, it gets unmounted and says its damaged but i tend to ignore it and just reply with "sssh everything is gonna be alright" (format and reuse)
- I have only a handful of apps which contains bank & password apps etc. Nothing serious going on with my services.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT IF YOU RECOGNIZE THE SEMPTOMS.

What should i do? A custom rom? New battery?

Thanks in advance.

straud

Jan 15, 2014
Bonus information;

I've never seen it shutdown with my own eyes.

It usually happens when its' screen is blacked out, when i put it in my pocket or table.
Or when i try to make a call and put it against my head.
So whatever is happening, it happens while the screen is blacked out.
It neves turned off while listening to music either.

prafull07

Jan 15, 2014
kolhapur
Bonus information;

I've never seen it shutdown with my own eyes.

It usually happens when its' screen is blacked out, when i put it in my pocket or table.
Or when i try to make a call and put it against my head.
So whatever is happening, it happens while the screen is blacked out.
It neves turned off while listening to music either.

might be you should go to recovery mode and do a data factory rest and also might need to clear the cache partition.
try it..