[HOW TO] [TUTORIAL] S3 Replace Cracked Glass Screen

Search This thread

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
First of all i take no credit for this discovery or process. If anyone wants credit for this information just MSG me with a reference and i will be more than happy to add you. However i looked around and the information was all scattered so i figured i'de add it all in one easy to follow post. Most of the info i found was thru youtube and a couple of my own added ideas.

This is a how to remove , separate , and replace a cracked
S3 screen from the digitizer by melting/softening the adhesive glue
(in other words it is how to replace JUST THE GLASS)

Many people out there still say that the S3 's glass can not be separated from the digitizer and that the digitizer and glass but be bought "fused" together from OEM..this is not true. It can indeed be separated using the the process below and it will work just fine and be just as responsive as when you first bought the phone. Video Proof below.

PLEASE SEE THESE VIDEOS For screen removal from digitizer and Use as reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eneLvVe7DwE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZuiCsAtThw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJXXKOl7Nu8

The screen/glass part u are replacing looks like this
(i know it doesn't look like it is glass but trust me it is glass, it is about as thin as 5 sheets of paper):

CVA6W.jpg

sICFr.jpg

video thanks to: marcustaz

This is how i replaced my screen and tools needed:

***Lots of Patience and carefulness *** (about 30 mins if u done before...about 60-90 mins if its your 1st time)

*** wear PROTECTIVE GOGGLES - EYE GLASSES (yes there is a HIGH POSSIBILITY that small glass shards may fly and glass in the eye is not fun)***

1) replacement screen - with no digitizer (exact pictures of what u need to buy are the pictures above..just match your color) ($25 USD aprox on Amazon - Cheaper on Ebay $18 USD) (The same screen fits all models just match the color...Samsung Galaxy S3 III T-mobile SGH-T999 / AT&T SGH-i747 / Verizon SCH-i535 / Sprint SPH-L710 / US Cellular SCH-R530 / GT-i9300)

2) exacto knife ($5 USD aprox)

3) heat gun ($20(harborfreight) for a cheapy....or $40 (homedepot) for a good one with adjustable heat)
***** HEAT IS CRITICAL, most people faill because they did not heat up the glass enough ( MUST BE around 180F)****

4) empty cereal box or cardboard calendar (or something similar that is comparable in sturdiness yet is "not too solid")

5) 90% rubbing alcohol ( $3.. make "damp" on a microfiber cloth or cotton ball (cotton-ball kinda makes a mess) removes any excess glue stuck to the digitizer)

6) microfiber cloth (available from .99 cent stores or dollar stores)

7) tweezers (.99 cent store ...or your moms/girlfriends/wife's beauty box..LoL)

OPTIONAL TOOLS BUT HELPS ALOT

*** an extra hand or two (1 or 2 more people helping is a big help)

*** laser thermometer (to make sure u do not overheat the phone, try to stay under 200F degrees with an average of about 180F degrees, slightly going over 200 does not hurt but i do not recommend)

*** thick leather gloves/welding gloves (prevents your hands from getting burned while someone else is heating the phone and maintaining the temp u can be easily removing the screen...at 180 degrees the glue and glass separate from the digitizer like BUTTER and the gloves protect you from getting burned by the heatgun!!!)

***Magnifying glass (to be able to make sure the glass fragments are completely removed from the digitizer so the new screen will sit flush)

*** thin latex/rubber gloves (when putting on the screen so there are no finger prints)

*** duck tape (hold glass together so it doesn't "fall apart" while removing)

Instructions on how i did it below:

Remove the battery , sim card, micro sdcard. Apply ductape or some kinda of good heat resistant tape to the top of the glass screen so the broken glass stays intact when removing. Put on your safety glasses/eye protection (believe me i highly recommend this regardless of how dorky you may look, if glass from the phone goes in your eye ...well you have been warned). Grab the exacto bladed and lightly apply pressure with it between the glass and the outer grey plastic trim and then outline the entire outer edge of the glass. Put on some heat resistant gloves (gloves that u wont feel the burn) Heat up your heatgun and heat the phones screen to around 180 Degrees Fahrenheit ...you can know the temp by using a laser thermometer (try not to go over 200 degrees). NOTE: U must remove the glass when its at around this temp, failure to do so will make it hard to remove the glass from the digitizer. Try to heat the entire phone evenly by using a "circular" or "side to side" type of motion when applying the heat. Find the outer edge of the glass and find a place in the corner to begin the removal. I recommend beginning on the top left side of the phone (where the S in SAMSUNG side of the corner) is at. Once the phone is heated to approx 180 degrees you can begin to lift the glass. (i do not recommend lifting in the middle of the screen or any "black part" of the screen as you can risk damaging the digitizer, the outer edge (where it is white/blue) is the safest spot to begin separation.) If you don't have access to a laser thermometer then you can risk it and just take your time till you notice the glass begins to "lift/separate" . Once you have a decent amount of the glass lifted (just enough to put the cardboard in) you can shove a piece of the cereal box inside and begin to use the cereal box to lift the rest of the glass. Continue this processes till the glass is all lifted and removed. When you start approaching the bottom of the phone where the button is at BE CAREFUL...try to go around the bottom and you will also notice 2 " touch ribbon light sensors"(look at the attachment pictures BELOW i labeled the light/ribbon sensor). They can removed from the glass using the heat gun and the exacto knife...it should lift right up and separate from the glass. Once u separate the ribbon your should be all done removing or close to done removing the glass from the digitizer. If by this point you haven't already removed the glass continue to remove till all the major pieces of glass is removed. Once the major pieces of glass are removed you can now put on some latex gloves and Remove the excess glass on the corners using the exacto knife and the tweezers. Carefully remove the small pieces of glass on the digitizer using a 90% alcohol LIGHTLY DAMPENED microfiber cloth. DO NOT APPLY HEAVY PRESSURE TO THE DIGITIZER when tiny glass is still on there (instead just kind of gently sweep it...using a new paint brush might even help) when removing the small glass fragment, NOTE that if you do apply too much pressure to the digitizer u risk the glass shards scratching or denting the digitizer!!! Once the glass is all removed and shards are gone you can now clean any fingerprints lint dust or oils using a dry microfiber cloth by gently applying LIGHT/SOFT pressure. Leave the glue on the outside edges of the phone and the bottom and top of the phone...just make sure the digitizer is spotless. Once everything is clean and the digitizer is spotless you can now install the screen. start from the bottom of the phone and proceed to put on the screen, make sure the "push" button is lined up and the line up the "light-sensor-ribbons buttons". the sensor ribbon buttons should just stick to the glass and line up with the screen part. Once the button is lined up you can now line up the rest of the screen and gently push down. The screen should be stuck into place by the existing glue on the outer edges. While holding the screen in place carefully put the battery in and turn on the device and make sure the buttons and screen and everything works properly and make sure the "lights" on the menu buttons work. Once you verify everything works and looks beautiful you can take the battery out one last time. Using the heatgun reheat the screen to melt the adhesive glue to the screen. Once the screen is heated back up to 180 degrees gently push on the glass and press for about 10 seconds and make sure to press in the outter edges of the glass where u left the glue. Let the phone cool off and you are good to go. Have fun using your S3!! This sounds fairly long and hard, but its not as hard as it sounds..its actually fairly easy and should take the average person about 50-70 mins first time. Experienced person about 20-40 mins.

i figure with the videos above you should be able to figure it out. Ill probably be adding more detailed info if this thread becomes popular. Good luck guys/gals

FAQS
Q1) How do i know if its just my glass screen and not the phone itself that's not working?
You will know if your phone screen lens cracked, but LCD display works. In other words you will know that its just the glass that's broken if your phone currently works perfectly fine and the touch screen works fine BUT the only thing wrong with the phone is the screen being physically cracked/scratched. If this is your case then the instructions above will work on replacing the glass.

keywords: s3 sIII slll fix fixed shattered break broke crack cracked cracks fuse fused unfuse remove removal repair guide video videos tutorial how-to how to fix it diy dropped drop break broken broke gorilla glass white marble t999 i747 i535 l710 r530 i9300 instruction

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 13,517
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 12,973
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 12,675
Last edited:

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010

cr1mson

Aug 10, 2009
hey guys on my phone, where the glass is slowly coming off at the bottom right, you can see the bare screen, with glue residue. When heating it up, does the glass just come off. Also when you attach the new glass, can you not see the glue residue inbetween the screen and the glass? Here is an attached photo of my phones current state. It looks pretty bad, but the screen is fully functional. Any help is appreciated!

Sorry guys, I cannot post any links until i get 10 posts, i will post a pic as soon as i can

EDIT Here is the picture:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/3...1028142615.jpg

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
hey guys on my phone, where the glass is slowly coming off at the bottom right, you can see the bare screen, with glue residue. When heating it up, does the glass just come off. Also when you attach the new glass, can you not see the glue residue inbetween the screen and the glass? Here is an attached photo of my phones current state. It looks pretty bad, but the screen is fully functional. Any help is appreciated!

Sorry guys, I cannot post any links until i get 10 posts, i will post a pic as soon as i can

EDIT Here is the picture:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/3...1028142615.jpg

first of all the link to your picture doesn't work.

Now on to what u were asking....when heating it up the glass doesn't just "come off" or "peel off" or "fall off" .... you have to separate the glass from what you call "bare screen" (i assume u are talking about the digitizer) with a flat sturdy piece of cardboard (like a piece of a cereal box) or something similar. if heated around 180 degreee the glass should come off (separate from digitizer) very easily literally feels like cutting butter with cardboard.

you should not see any "glue residue" inbetween the glass and the screen..u are supposed to remove the glue "residue"/adhesive from the BLACK part of the screen using rubbing alcohol DAMP microfiber cloth. just remove it from the black screen area and leave the glue on the outer edges (where the white part of the glass is) so the new glass has something to stick to.

if u fix your pic or have any other questions maybe i can help u out more.

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
After replacing the glass the touch screen doesn't work. Any ideas?

u must have had a broken digitizer too or you have "adhesive glue" stuck in between the glass and the digitizer preventing the screen from sensing your touch. btw: if you have a broken digitizer you might as well just get a whole new phone as a digitizer is very expensive (around $200 USD) for the S3.

antaras

Feb 23, 2010
Hamburg
u must have had a broken digitizer too or you have "adhesive glue" stuck in between the glass and the digitizer preventing the screen from sensing your touch. btw: if you have a broken digitizer you might as well just get a whole new phone as a digitizer is very expensive (around $200 USD) for the S3.

hi there !!!

what you mean " broken digitizer " what is that..
i make it all like the video but my screen dont work ... what is that and where is that digi ??

thanx for your time :)

i buy this from e-bay
****.ebay.de/itm/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S3-i9300-FRONT-GLAS-GLASS-DISPLAYGLAS-SCREEN-LENS-WERKZEUNG-Weis-/200851508159?pt=DE_Handy_PDA_Oberschalen_Designfolien&hash=item2ec3aecbbf

Last edited:

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
hi there !!!

what you mean " broken digitizer " what is that..
i make it all like the video but my screen dont work ... what is that and where is that digi ??

thanx for your time :)

i buy this from e-bay

its hard to explain, but the digitizer is the next part directly behind the glass screen, normally if u buy the digitizer the glass screen comes with it. (however if u buy the glass screen it generally just comes with the glass screen and no digitizer) <--- i hope this makes sense

i should have taken a picture of mine when i had it apart. the closest picture i could find was this one below that has BOTH the SCREEN & the DIGITIZER, most people just need the glass screen. However if your screen doesnt sense your touches then u need the digitizer too.

http://i.imgur.com/wtq3v.jpg

the bare digitizer by iteself looks almost like a LCD touch screen but i couldnt find a picture of one online.

antaras

Feb 23, 2010
Hamburg
i understand now what is .. i see the foto and one video ..
so i put the battery i turn on my mobile and if i touch the screen ( lsd ) without the front glass must be ok normaly but my doesnt make nothing i put the glass in front of the screen without a glue exactly like the video but my touch dont work again .. :(

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
i understand now what is .. i see the foto and one video ..
so i put the battery i turn on my mobile and if i touch the screen ( lsd ) without the front glass must be ok normaly but my doesnt make nothing i put the glass in front of the screen without a glue exactly like the video but my touch dont work again .. :(

sorry but your english translation is not making sense to me...pretty much if the touchscreen still works then all u need is the glass, if your touchscreen doesn't work then u need the digitizer and the glass

jay_droid

Jul 21, 2012
sorry but your english translation is not making sense to me...pretty much if the touchscreen still works then all u need is the glass, if your touchscreen doesn't work then u need the digitizer and the glass

my question is: is there affect without having that special clear glue in the middle of screen when put back together?

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
my question is: is there affect without having that special clear glue in the middle of screen when put back together?

the touchscreen will work just fine without the "glue" (special adhesive), i actually removed it and cleaned it all up and just left some of it on the outter edge, u just have to make sure there is a little bit of that "glue /' residue" around the OUTER EDGE of the glass (the outer edge behind the white/blue/red part of the glass) to make sure the glass STICKS to the phone.

jay_droid

Jul 21, 2012
the touchscreen will work just fine without the "glue" (special adhesive), i actually removed it and cleaned it all up and just left some of it on the outter edge, u just have to make sure there is a little bit of that "glue /' residue" around the OUTER EDGE of the glass (the outer edge behind the white/blue/red part of the glass) to make sure the glass STICKS to the phone.

And lastly, you have now exactly the same feeling and look as original? i.e screen is flush to bezel, no cracking noises, no evident spacing in between glass and digitizer?
how long has it been since install now?

(sorry for the bombardment of questions)

puretone

Jun 16, 2010
This is useful to my interest....hmmmm yes yes yes it is....

I'm gonna swap parts of my gay-blue T999 to the much cooler black parts!

jrocks213

Jan 22, 2011
Los Angeles
Heres my glass I replaced today. it wasnt easy and it wasn't too difficult. I been fixing phones for a while so take your time if you Want To replace your glass. and make sure you heat up the glass real good. It helps a lot. And make sure you clean up the residue left from the glue real good. if you don't your phones screen won't work correctly.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355216603218.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355216603218.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,565
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355216618489.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355216618489.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 2,680
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355216637331.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355216637331.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 2,647
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355216647704.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355216647704.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 2,792

uoY_redruM

May 1, 2010
Longwood, FL
Heres my glass I replaced today. it wasnt easy and it wasn't too difficult. I been fixing phones for a while so take your time if you Want To replace your glass. and make sure you heat up the glass real good. It helps a lot. And make sure you clean up the residue left from the glue real good. if you don't your phones screen won't work correctly.

How do you set the new screen? Do I need to buy double sided LCD tape?

I see you got it out in one piece. Did you tape it down before heating?

jrocks213

Jan 22, 2011
Los Angeles
How do you set the new screen? Do I need to buy double sided LCD tape?

I see you got it out in one piece. Did you tape it down before heating?

I used reg clear tape on the screen to make sure it stayed in one piece. And I also had double sided tape they sell for the screens itself. I cut diff shapes and to make sure the screen stayed on. Where you see the clamps is where I put the tape to make sure it stays on.

uoY_redruM

May 1, 2010
Longwood, FL
I used reg clear tape on the screen to make sure it stayed in one piece. And I also had double sided tape they sell for the screens itself. I cut diff shapes and to make sure the screen stayed on. Where you see the clamps is where I put the tape to make sure it stays on.

So you need tape then right? There's no way to stick it with existing? I just want to make sure I'm prepared lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all i take no credit for this discovery or process. If anyone wants credit for this information just MSG me with a reference and i will be more than happy to add you. However i looked around and the information was all scattered so i figured i'de add it all in one easy to follow post. Most of the info i found was thru youtube and a couple of my own added ideas.

This is a how to remove , separate , and replace a cracked
    S3 screen from the digitizer by melting/softening the adhesive glue
    (in other words it is how to replace JUST THE GLASS)

Many people out there still say that the S3 's glass can not be separated from the digitizer and that the digitizer and glass but be bought "fused" together from OEM..this is not true. It can indeed be separated using the the process below and it will work just fine and be just as responsive as when you first bought the phone. Video Proof below.

PLEASE SEE THESE VIDEOS For screen removal from digitizer and Use as reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eneLvVe7DwE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZuiCsAtThw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJXXKOl7Nu8

The screen/glass part u are replacing looks like this
    (i know it doesn't look like it is glass but trust me it is glass, it is about as thin as 5 sheets of paper):

CVA6W.jpg

sICFr.jpg

video thanks to: marcustaz

This is how i replaced my screen and tools needed:

***Lots of Patience and carefulness *** (about 30 mins if u done before...about 60-90 mins if its your 1st time)

*** wear PROTECTIVE GOGGLES - EYE GLASSES (yes there is a HIGH POSSIBILITY that small glass shards may fly and glass in the eye is not fun)***

1) replacement screen - with no digitizer (exact pictures of what u need to buy are the pictures above..just match your color) ($25 USD aprox on Amazon - Cheaper on Ebay $18 USD) (The same screen fits all models just match the color...Samsung Galaxy S3 III T-mobile SGH-T999 / AT&T SGH-i747 / Verizon SCH-i535 / Sprint SPH-L710 / US Cellular SCH-R530 / GT-i9300)

2) exacto knife ($5 USD aprox)

3) heat gun ($20(harborfreight) for a cheapy....or $40 (homedepot) for a good one with adjustable heat)
    ***** HEAT IS CRITICAL, most people faill because they did not heat up the glass enough ( MUST BE around 180F)****

4) empty cereal box or cardboard calendar (or something similar that is comparable in sturdiness yet is "not too solid")

5) 90% rubbing alcohol ( $3.. make "damp" on a microfiber cloth or cotton ball (cotton-ball kinda makes a mess) removes any excess glue stuck to the digitizer)

6) microfiber cloth (available from .99 cent stores or dollar stores)

7) tweezers (.99 cent store ...or your moms/girlfriends/wife's beauty box..LoL)

OPTIONAL TOOLS BUT HELPS ALOT

*** an extra hand or two (1 or 2 more people helping is a big help)

*** laser thermometer (to make sure u do not overheat the phone, try to stay under 200F degrees with an average of about 180F degrees, slightly going over 200 does not hurt but i do not recommend)

*** thick leather gloves/welding gloves (prevents your hands from getting burned while someone else is heating the phone and maintaining the temp u can be easily removing the screen...at 180 degrees the glue and glass separate from the digitizer like BUTTER and the gloves protect you from getting burned by the heatgun!!!)

***Magnifying glass (to be able to make sure the glass fragments are completely removed from the digitizer so the new screen will sit flush)

*** thin latex/rubber gloves (when putting on the screen so there are no finger prints)

*** duck tape (hold glass together so it doesn't "fall apart" while removing)

Instructions on how i did it below:

Remove the battery , sim card, micro sdcard. Apply ductape or some kinda of good heat resistant tape to the top of the glass screen so the broken glass stays intact when removing. Put on your safety glasses/eye protection (believe me i highly recommend this regardless of how dorky you may look, if glass from the phone goes in your eye ...well you have been warned). Grab the exacto bladed and lightly apply pressure with it between the glass and the outer grey plastic trim and then outline the entire outer edge of the glass. Put on some heat resistant gloves (gloves that u wont feel the burn) Heat up your heatgun and heat the phones screen to around 180 Degrees Fahrenheit ...you can know the temp by using a laser thermometer (try not to go over 200 degrees). NOTE: U must remove the glass when its at around this temp, failure to do so will make it hard to remove the glass from the digitizer. Try to heat the entire phone evenly by using a "circular" or "side to side" type of motion when applying the heat. Find the outer edge of the glass and find a place in the corner to begin the removal. I recommend beginning on the top left side of the phone (where the S in SAMSUNG side of the corner) is at. Once the phone is heated to approx 180 degrees you can begin to lift the glass. (i do not recommend lifting in the middle of the screen or any "black part" of the screen as you can risk damaging the digitizer, the outer edge (where it is white/blue) is the safest spot to begin separation.) If you don't have access to a laser thermometer then you can risk it and just take your time till you notice the glass begins to "lift/separate" . Once you have a decent amount of the glass lifted (just enough to put the cardboard in) you can shove a piece of the cereal box inside and begin to use the cereal box to lift the rest of the glass. Continue this processes till the glass is all lifted and removed. When you start approaching the bottom of the phone where the button is at BE CAREFUL...try to go around the bottom and you will also notice 2 " touch ribbon light sensors"(look at the attachment pictures BELOW i labeled the light/ribbon sensor). They can removed from the glass using the heat gun and the exacto knife...it should lift right up and separate from the glass. Once u separate the ribbon your should be all done removing or close to done removing the glass from the digitizer. If by this point you haven't already removed the glass continue to remove till all the major pieces of glass is removed. Once the major pieces of glass are removed you can now put on some latex gloves and Remove the excess glass on the corners using the exacto knife and the tweezers. Carefully remove the small pieces of glass on the digitizer using a 90% alcohol LIGHTLY DAMPENED microfiber cloth. DO NOT APPLY HEAVY PRESSURE TO THE DIGITIZER when tiny glass is still on there (instead just kind of gently sweep it...using a new paint brush might even help) when removing the small glass fragment, NOTE that if you do apply too much pressure to the digitizer u risk the glass shards scratching or denting the digitizer!!! Once the glass is all removed and shards are gone you can now clean any fingerprints lint dust or oils using a dry microfiber cloth by gently applying LIGHT/SOFT pressure. Leave the glue on the outside edges of the phone and the bottom and top of the phone...just make sure the digitizer is spotless. Once everything is clean and the digitizer is spotless you can now install the screen. start from the bottom of the phone and proceed to put on the screen, make sure the "push" button is lined up and the line up the "light-sensor-ribbons buttons". the sensor ribbon buttons should just stick to the glass and line up with the screen part. Once the button is lined up you can now line up the rest of the screen and gently push down. The screen should be stuck into place by the existing glue on the outer edges. While holding the screen in place carefully put the battery in and turn on the device and make sure the buttons and screen and everything works properly and make sure the "lights" on the menu buttons work. Once you verify everything works and looks beautiful you can take the battery out one last time. Using the heatgun reheat the screen to melt the adhesive glue to the screen. Once the screen is heated back up to 180 degrees gently push on the glass and press for about 10 seconds and make sure to press in the outter edges of the glass where u left the glue. Let the phone cool off and you are good to go. Have fun using your S3!! This sounds fairly long and hard, but its not as hard as it sounds..its actually fairly easy and should take the average person about 50-70 mins first time. Experienced person about 20-40 mins.

i figure with the videos above you should be able to figure it out. Ill probably be adding more detailed info if this thread becomes popular. Good luck guys/gals

FAQS
    Q1) How do i know if its just my glass screen and not the phone itself that's not working?
    You will know if your phone screen lens cracked, but LCD display works. In other words you will know that its just the glass that's broken if your phone currently works perfectly fine and the touch screen works fine BUT the only thing wrong with the phone is the screen being physically cracked/scratched. If this is your case then the instructions above will work on replacing the glass.

keywords: s3 sIII slll fix fixed shattered break broke crack cracked cracks fuse fused unfuse remove removal repair guide video videos tutorial how-to how to fix it diy dropped drop break broken broke gorilla glass white marble t999 i747 i535 l710 r530 i9300 instruction
    Gentlemen and OP please update your original post to include this video. This is NOT to promote myself but from all the comments and feedback everyone has stated it is the most detailed and informative on You Tube on the glass replacement procedure. I also have separate videos on shattered glass replacement. Thanks and good luck.

Build up the entire border with 2mm tape a bit more. At the bottom especially on top of the ribbon cable there is a protective clear cover and in my experience if that comes off during the original loca removal the glass can sit to low and contact the digitizer. Not tooting my own horn here, watch my videos of glass repair part 2 I believe and watch how I make the rectangle border of 2 mm tape. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
    Well... I am unable to find anyone locally willing to help and am nervous as all hell about attempting this. Anyone done this first attempt not messing it up? Also my screen looks like a spiderweb its so banged up. Will this affect how the screen pulls off of the digitizer? Thanks. :( hopefully I manage!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

My sisters screen was the worst I have ever seen. It was so shattered it was missing litle pieces if glss. I did it on my first attemp with no problems. It really is easier than it looks. Just be patient and make shure you are getting the addhesive hot enough (without melting your phone) and the screen will come right off.....with the help of a razor blade....Once Ihad finished I was shocked on how easy it really was....

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

My sisters screen was the worst I have ever seen. It was so shattered it was missing litle pieces if glss. I did it on my first attemp with no problems. It really is easier than it looks. Just be patient and make shure you are getting the addhesive hot enough (without melting your phone) and the screen will come right off.....with the help of a razor blade....Once Ihad finished I was shocked on how easy it really was....

My auto correct has failed me....lol
    Tried this and it works haven't noticed any issue with my screen response. $100 for gs3 with cracked screen $14 replacement glass $24 on heat gun which I'll return lol $1 on alcohol $4 on towels can't beat that

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app