GPS keeps turning on

Search This thread

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
As said, after turn OFF Hangouts SMS feature AND reboot, battery life is back to normal (means good), the GPS counter (under Android System as those pic posted above) actually stop increasing however, the "searching for GPS" continue to pop and it is getting worse. 2 days ago, it popped up then gone (disable as I set) now, it pops up and stay enable so I have to manually disable it EVERY TIME.
Also, after each call, AT&T network is automatically disable for a few seconds (as the signal bar gets the red x mark) before it turns itself back on.
Weird. I keep discover something new with this phone daily.
I should have posted in other thread :)

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Could try Greenify. I use it. It hibernates apps so they won't run until you tell them to
I'm unroot, so no Greenify for me.

But I'm still wondering which app and how it possible to over-control the GPS feature when I already disable it, right?
There is no point of going into each app and turn its feature off as the main Android location access should have been masked all those requests.

redpirate8

Jul 23, 2011
Louisiana
Greenify will work with unrooted phones as well. Just can't freeze system services. If it's an app causing the GPS wakes, this might help.

SKyRocKeting727

Nov 22, 2011
Sacramento
Now I'm noticing when making or receiving calls...must be NSA.

Edit: Go to Settings > General > Location Access > Turn on "Access to my location" > Check Wi-fi & mobile network location > Uncheck GPS satellites > Leave "Access to my location" on. I hope it helps someone as it worked for me.

Sent from my G2

Last edited:

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
Update my case: Disabling CarrierIQ service does stop the "searching for GPS" popup. However, I still need to restart my phone to keep it run clean otherwise, battery keeps draining for no reason (or there is a reason that I can't figure)

chrisphoenix7

Jan 23, 2011
Disabling it keeps Gps off, but hurts battery life significantly.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For me, it was Carrier IQ. Once I disabled that, my random GPS wakes stopped.
    Running Applications > Android System > IQ Agent Service. Hit stop there and then hit stop for Android System. You'll have to do that at each boot unless you're rooted. If you're rooted, you can use System Tuner.