[Q] Power Button - Boot Loop (?) Hardware or Software?

Search This thread

i360*

Nov 15, 2011
London
Hello,

I have a Galaxy S3 i9300 and I am running ArchiDroid V2.3.5 with Boeffla Kernel 2.2-beta1.

The problem I have with the phone is that it boot loops itself, although sometimes the phone does boot up and runs perfectly fine, but when I use my power button (on the right), it'll randomly turn off and reboot again. I have been using the "Sleep" option from the quick panel menu and not the power button.

I'm quite worried as I don't know if it is a hardware problem or just a problem with the ROM? I have tried wiping everything (sys, dalvik, cache, sd) and reinstalling a previous version of Archidroid but still no luck. If i press the power button for a second the boot menu comes up instantly (Reboot, Screenshot etc).

Also I am trying to install NeatROM (Sammy) to see if it works but in recovery I get this problem.
Code:
format() expects 5 args, got 4
E:Error in /data/media/0/i9300XXEMJ2_NeatROM_Lite_v4.8.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
press any key to continue.

Thanks for the help in advance, I'm quite worried as this phone is nearly brand new!

JustArchi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw
Your problem is due to outdated update-binary used by Neat ROM.

You can try ArchiDroid 1.X to see if it's rom or hardware problem. For me it seems like your power button is getting stuck. and this causes hard reset.

Reactions: i360*

i360*

Nov 15, 2011
London
Your problem is due to outdated update-binary used by Neat ROM.

You can try ArchiDroid 1.X to see if it's rom or hardware problem. For me it seems like your power button is getting stuck. and this causes hard reset.

Downloading Archi 1.X as I type. If it is my power button getting stuck, am I able to fix it myself?

i360*

Nov 15, 2011
London

Alright so this isn't a software problem as I'm having the same problem with this rom aswell :(

Any advice? I do not have warranty or insurance

Top Liked Posts