Nexus forums

Search This thread

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
Can we have mod look at the possibility of changing the nexus7 forum to either "Nexus 7 2012" or have one nexus 7 forum with sub sections for the 2012 and 2013 editions (like the galaxy ace forum). A lot of people are getting confused and posting in the wrong forum. This increases the risk of incorrect advice being given or incorrect ROMs/kernel's being flashed.

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Reactions: adomol and GedBlake

adomol

Jan 25, 2014
/etc/init.d
Can we have mod look at the possibility of changing the nexus7 forum to either "Nexus 7 2012" or have one nexus 7 forum with sub sections for the 2012 and 2013 editions (like the galaxy ace forum). A lot of people are getting confused and posting in the wrong forum. This increases the risk of incorrect advice being given or incorrect ROMs/kernel's being flashed.

That's a good idea. It would definitely make things a lot more clear, especially for new members.

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

This quote from Rick Cook's Wizadry series brings back memories. I loved that series when I was a kid. You should add it as a sig. :good:

GedBlake

Jan 5, 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK

That's a pretty good idea I think... the problem with the N7 is that there are two different versions of a tablet with the same name. Whilst there a lot of similarities, there are also critical differences. A 'noob' (used non-pejoratively - weren't we all 'noobs' once) may seek to flash factory stock on their device... and not thinking it relevant, or they may not know it's importance sufficiently to disclose it in their original post. And thus, they may then receive incorrect advice that could potentially 'brick' their device... such as fastboot flashing a 'grouper' bootloader on a 2013 Nexus 7.

If both devices fell under the same 'umbrella' forum name of Nexus 7, then I think this would mitigate against incorrect advice being given.

Anyway... just my couple of cents... and based on the number of times I've had to redirect next doors mail, it certainly sounds like a good idea.

Rgrds,
Ged.

Last edited:

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
I think we redirect people on a daily basis its the ones that slip through the net or follow forums without actually posting that worry me. It may be worth re posting this in the nexus7 2013 forum although I think they will get less confused posts due to the forum title.

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.