I might switch my SGS4 for a G2... but before I do, some Q's

Search This thread

sergini

Nov 20, 2011
Porto
I just don't understand the camera quality in low light situations... It's like it has 3mpx!

tomsi91

Aug 10, 2011
Not really anything I guess besides read the instructions on some custom roms carefully if you need to flash something else and always have a backup plan if you flash custom roms so if it goes wrong you can always restore it on a good way :) and like you said backup Imei partition and maybe other partitions also idk.

I also have a question for the G2 owners
Does your G2 turn on in your pocket or is it hard to press the Power button? and on the power button side if you lay it on the table is there like plastic a bit going up to not turn your phone on?
And does the G2 lays good in your hand if you are using your phone one handed? I just wonder cause I was holding the Xperia Z so a Square phone I can almost say cause it doesn't have those round edges so its notso nice in the hands but the G2 is I guess but I just want to know how it is for other G2 owners And or they also havesomething else to say about the G2 it looks for me a futuristic phone with a simple idea but nobody wanted to risk that idea to make such a phone but LG did cause life's good :D if I willget the G2 it will be my third LG phone and lg rocked the whole time

G2 never unlock screen in pocket, but i love i can control music player by volume keys without getting phone from pocket.

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
G2 never unlock screen in pocket, but i love i can control music player by volume keys without getting phone from pocket.

Every time I hit my pocket (with the back of my hand, my palm or anything), I have the impression I've woken up the screen, so I take it out to check. It'd be nice to have a vibration feedback every time the screen comes on, or a robotic mosquito to fly & tell me that. :silly:

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Hey guys, what ROM do you recommend me to use? LG custom ROM (I wanna use DorimanX kernel :p )

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my G2 about 3 weeks ago and love it. I previously had an Amaze 4G and prior to that an HD2. There are no comparisons between the devices. I happened into it by chance. My Amaze was stolen and I needed a replacement with a good camera for work quickly. I went into the T-Mobile store intending to buy a Nexus 5, but the G2 was on sale for the same price. After comparing the specs, it was a no brainer decision.

I'm currently running the stock Kit Kat ROM and kernel (rooted and debloated) and find the native OS to be the most pleasing manufacturer's UI I've used to date. Very close to AOSP and only a fraction of the crapware found on other UIs. This is the first handset I've owned where I didn't want to immediately remove the stock ROM because it's so well integrated. Whatever features that LG didn't include that I wanted are easily installed with Xposed and appropriate modules. All in all the G2 is probably the best bang for the buck (value for your money) on the market.

Good luck
    1) Basically just the storage, you can get a small "meenova" stick. Roms are vice - versa :)

2) Buttons !.. YES ! :) Knock on / knock off (sweep to sleep-dorimanx) etc etc etc...You'll keep tapping every other device (which hasn't got the knock on/off) and wonder why the heck it isn't implemented into all devices. Also vol up + down - genial..

3) Battery life is very good. Depends on what you're doing.

Since you're switching devices there might be some vice and versa opinions on your behalf. But at the end, the g2 wins.
    1) I'm not sure. But I keep up in the development forums and never have I seen a 16gb only version of something vs a 32gb.
    2) Very quickly. I love the back buttons, very accessible when needed.
    3) superb battery life. I'm running stock with dorimanx kernel and get those kind of numbers with automatic screen brightness, constant Web and app surfing and a little bit of gaming. I do listen to music on mine A LOT (2-3 hours with v4a and neutron) and still get great battery life.
    I recommend it, I doubt you'll be disappointed!

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    In general, you just have to match the rom to your variant

d800, d801, d802, d803 etc...

we don't diff 16 vs 32 gig for custom roms.

And I also come from samsung and htc and this knock on, off, back rockers are just perfect..no problems at all getting used to them :)
    I think dori kernel has a bug that the screen only turns on after 4 or 5 rings when someone is calling.. That's right?
    No such thing for me. Just tested.....1 ring ...Screen On from sleep.
    GloudyG3 V 1.1 Powered by Dorimanx 5.5 UC 2.0 Ghz.

Sent by my LG-G2 LS-980 CloudyG3 1.1 on TMO 4G