[APP][4.0+] Mediaserver Killer

Search This thread

rori~

Aug 21, 2009
Vienna
Mediaserver Killer

Hi guys,
probably you know, that the "Mediaserver battery draining bug" still exists (Just google it...).
I´ve seen, there are already some ways to kill Mediaserver with scripts, flash, copy to...but no app, that does that.
So here it is, a free app for the comfortable user :)

What this app does:
# Kill Mediaserver whenever you want/need
1.) When default lockscreen unlocked
2.) Certain time interval/schedule

What you need:
# Root required

Download Mediaserver Killer from Playstore

# You just need to give Mediaserver Killer Superuser access (remember choice forever) and disable Superuser notification toast or statusbar.
That´s all.
# I may implement other options if needed

Last edited:

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Thanx, nice to hear!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just a noob question, I need to add some especial apps(like phone or sms, camera.. app) to "ignore list"? I mean, is there any app that if, you don't add it, may cause any problem with the phone behavior. I don't add any app yet.

rori~

Aug 21, 2009
Vienna

Just a noob question, I need to add some especial apps(like phone or sms, camera.. app) to "ignore list"? I mean, is there any app that if, you don't add it, may cause any problem with the phone behavior. I don't add any app yet.

Actually,you do not need to add any apps...if you, for example, listen to some music, kill Mediaserver......you will notice the killing.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Actually,you do not need to add any apps...if you, for example, listen to some music, kill Mediaserver......you will notice the killing.

So, if I'm listening music, when mediaserver is killed doesn't interfere with the music(music doesn't stop or something like that)?

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
It should just interrupt music playing for a second...

For me is more than 1 second, so I add my music player (PlayerPro) to ignore list & now is fine. No problem adding the mp to ignore list, right?

rori~

Aug 21, 2009
Vienna
Right, as long as your music player is in use, you won't kill mediaserver.

Reactions: mauam

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Right, as long as your music player is in use, you won't kill mediaserver.

Ok. Thanks to be patient with me & once again thanks for your great work, you're the man:laugh::good:

Last edited:

Atze001

Apr 2, 2007
Berlin
One Problem. If i activate "when screen unlocked" everytime i get a call and my phone wakes up the ringtone goes off.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
One Problem. If i activate "when screen unlocked" everytime i get a call and my phone wakes up the ringtone goes off.

Add the phone app (& you can add sms app too) to ignore list. That happens maybe cause the ringtones are scaned by MS & add your music player to the list too.

Reactions: Atze001

adeelraj

Oct 16, 2011
Karachi
When i kill media server.
music player killed also

There should be a widget for killing media server

Sent from my IM-A850K using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mauam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mediaserver Killer

Hi guys,
    probably you know, that the "Mediaserver battery draining bug" still exists (Just google it...).
    I´ve seen, there are already some ways to kill Mediaserver with scripts, flash, copy to...but no app, that does that.
    So here it is, a free app for the comfortable user :)

What this app does:
    # Kill Mediaserver whenever you want/need
    1.) When default lockscreen unlocked
    2.) Certain time interval/schedule

What you need:
    # Root required

Download Mediaserver Killer from Playstore

# You just need to give Mediaserver Killer Superuser access (remember choice forever) and disable Superuser notification toast or statusbar.
    That´s all.
    # I may implement other options if needed
    Ok, just uploaded v.1.2 to playstore, which has an AppWidget - "click to kill".(should be up soon..)
    Great app, i have the issue that cant connect to camera sometimes and when i kill mediaserver the camera will work again. Before i used to reboot the device. Thanks for this @rori~ is it possible to add a shortcut for the kill action. Like in greenify for example you can add a shortcut to hibernate apps directly without entering the app or anything.
    Similar thing to the widget but because i wanted to put it in a folder in the homescreen and i cant do that with a widget. Thanks
    ...There should be a widget for killing media server

Sent from my IM-A850K using Tapatalk 2

Good idea.