The Phone is not ready Error Message

Search This thread

Hitby

Mar 21, 2007
Hi All, first post here trying desperately to find some information on the following problem.

My handset SPV M600 has the orange customisation and has been hard reset so it's back to factory specs. I can make and receive phone calls ok but I can't access the messaging services, send or receive text messages. Whenever I try I get the following error message

Phone
The phone is not ready. Wait 15 seconds and try again.

Needless to say, I've waited a bit longer than that with no joy. I would really REALLY! appreciate any help or advice you could give. Orange have tried sending SIM updates - (my monitor flashes like it does when there's something receiving on your nearby handset) but they never appear in the inbox.

I'm willing to try anything, even a reflash to another stable ROM if someone can point me in the right direction for a howto and the files.

Sorry for the long post, here's hoping you can help!

Cheers
Dan

rwallacej

Jul 29, 2007
Same problem!

Hi Hitby,

Did you get this resolved? If so, what did you do?

I've just upgraded my Orange contract and got a new SIM from them. Everything was fine with my old SIM, this new one is OK for calls, but not texts. Same messae as you.

Orange aren't interested - not Orange phone etc.

Rather frustrated with them, needless to say!

Richard

Hitby

Mar 21, 2007
i did mate, you need to get orange to switch the SIM card for a compatible one, Personally I thought they were all the same but apparently not. Mines a violet one with a small orange logo, can't remember what the other one was like (black?) but it looked different. I spoke to someone in the UK at length who maintained it was nothing to do with them then rang back and got put through to the indian call centre, she took my SIM card number and knew straight away from the digits that it wouldn't be compatible!

rwallacej

Jul 29, 2007
Thanks

Thanks for info! This is driving me nuts, to the point where I'm almost spending £200 for new phone.
My SIM is a black one with a dark red pattern.
Orange told me "it shouldn't matter what phone you put your SIM into; it should all work"
I'll try calling and ask for a compatible SIM card. Great job for my holidays.
I will post outcome

Richard

Hitby

Mar 21, 2007
yeah, the guy i spoke to in the UK said that to me as well but there ARE different types. hope you get it sorted

Dan

rwallacej

Jul 29, 2007
Fixed....well kind of

No joy with Orange. They almost lost my business, and I had to go to two shops before it was "sorted".

I decided to upgrade to the SPV M3100 (£200 from Orange on my contract) and I'll sell the existing phone to a friend (if his SIM card works, of course)

Big companies versus one consumer....guess who won.

Thanks again,

Richard

Bickerstaff

Aug 30, 2006
Phone not ready error

I had the same problem. Orange are unwilling to acknowledge that they do have different SIM cards in the first instance. However, I called them and told them that I had spoken to HTC and that HTC had confirmed that there is a known issue with some Orange SIM cards and the Prophet (although I actually I hadn't). I also told them that I needed a purple and orange SIM card instead of a black and orange one. Two days later a new SIM was forwarded and my phone is fully functional - be persistent with Orange and you will get a result. I gather from the Technician who called me back that there are a series of numbers on the SIM card number which indicates which type of SIM it is. (From memory I think he said anything over 30 was a 3G SIM which is incompatible) but for sure Orange in Bristol are aware of the fault and know how to put it right. I spoke to several supervisors before I got a resut so be ready to be persistent. Oh and once sorted don't forget to complain about the service you have received - I got some free line rental out of it too.

rwallacej

Jul 29, 2007
Congratulations

Well done on getting yourself sorted with Orange. I'm a very patient guy but after getting different stories from Orange every time, the hours wasted got to me......

I like the M3100, pity it cost me about £150 after selling old phone - Orange won't be getting my business if there's any trouble in a year or two when my next upgrade is due!

jifop

Oct 4, 2007
Just so you know, i spoke to orange last week about this and they referred me to tech support, after a few days they came back with the sim is faulty and are sending me a compatible one!

BUT if you are having this problem with a contract sim, ring up orange customer services and ask for a new sim, just say the old one is faulty, they Should then send you a new one no questions asked! much quicker than waiting for tech to respond.

Or if you are on orange PAYG go into your nearest orange shop and they will give you a new sim there and then!

hope that helps someone

fredcezar

Aug 25, 2007
Makati
i fixed mine.

i had the save problem with my imatejamin in wm6 gullum official rom, the error always shows when sending sms,

what i did:
1.hard reset-(if not work),
2.re-install your rom,(no vendor wm5->wm6 rom)

then my prophet is back to normal,i think it has something to do w/ the apps that i install or the system files gets corrupted,etc,

im using the touch VIII wm6 rom right now.

i hope it would help.