Cannot send MMS from my Desire HD :(

Search This thread

m0tyrider

Dec 14, 2008
Hey all,
Trying to send MMS with my Desire HD and it just wont send any!!
I am using a ICS ASOPX rom, i tried cm7.2 (stable) and i was able to send one to myself, thought brilliant!

Tried to send another, just would fail/time out. Same as the ICS rom.

any idea's?

Or is my phone just crap.

Also it doesn't seem like a carrier problem, i put my sim card into a iPhone and it sent/received mms no worries

GuyInTheCorner

Feb 18, 2012
London
I believe (don't quote me on this lol) that its a known issue on ICS/JB
Try using CM7 again and see what happens. Also what carrier are you using, which country and have you checked the MMS/APN settings?

The Corner approves..
That thanks button ain't gonna push itself!
You just clicked this cause its hidden didn't you?

m0tyrider

Dec 14, 2008
I am in Australia using Vodafone AU at the moment, but soon to be on amaysim (optus).

Checked my APN settings hundreds of times, entered them manually, got them off the sim, carrier website still no dice.

Hopefully it isn't a ICS/JB issue because this ICS rom kicks ass!

CM7 just feels so old :(

I did try it for a few hours (CM7) and it was doing the same thing.

Hoping it isn't a JB/ICS bug

m0tyrider

Dec 14, 2008
Tried with data on/off, WiFi on/off,

Still no joy.
Flashed a different radio, still no difference

m0tyrider

Dec 14, 2008
I believe (don't quote me on this lol) that its a known issue on ICS/JB
Try using CM7 again and see what happens. Also what carrier are you using, which country and have you checked the MMS/APN settings?

The Corner approves..

May be onto something.
Flashed back to stock, MMS now magically works no problems

GuyInTheCorner

Feb 18, 2012
London
Back to stock as in an RUU? Or flashing a rooted stock ROM?

The Corner approves..

m0tyrider

Dec 14, 2008
I grabbed a rooted stock ROM and MMS has been flawless so far.
Downside is....HTC sense, and android 2.3 :(

halfcoast

Apr 23, 2011
Same issues here. Using CM7 no problems. Using a JB rom (tried jellytime & codefirex), I can get Vodafone Au to work if all the settings (internet & mms) are in a single APN. When I switch to Optus (Au), I can send mms if I use mms only settings but have no internet. I am unable to combine all the settings into a single APN as with Vodafone. If I use the recommended APNs for internet and mms (separate APNs) I can no longer send mms. Then if I switch on wifi, I can. Has to be some sort of jb bug.
This is getting very frustrating.:what:

Sent from my Infected V3.0 using xda premium

Reactions: apolon005

shifted-is

Jan 21, 2013
Perth
I couldn't send mms on Telstra AU (Jelly Time ROM) for a couple days and I spent HOURS changing settings until I FINALLY managed to get it to work.

Don't bother ringing the telco and getting help for anyone thinking of doing that - they have NO idea what is going on.

Anyway, I found what worked for me was doubling up the settings.

Telstra comes with 4 APN settings, normally the Telstra.wap is selected as default. Some phones only have the one setting (Telstra . wap) and everything works - everyone is different for some reason...

ANYWAY... the problem thereafter is that the other 3 settings are all fighting for the MMS profile, and it basically - screws everything up.

So... if you have other APN settings there, modify them - go to APN type and delete the ,mms part ONLY. I found deleting the APNs to stop my internet from working etc. and only leave the proper .mms APN with the mms setting

If that doesn't solve your problem (and it didn't for me the 2nd time I installed a Jelly Time ROM) - add the ,mms to the default Telstra . wap and leave the Telstra . mms, add the mms settings to the .wap APN (MMSC, MMS Proxy and MMS Port etc.)

If that doesn't work, modify the Telstra.mms to have the Proxy and Port set to the same values as in the MMS Proxy and MMS Port, also change it to PAP or CHAP

After a reboot this should work...

So my two settings look like the below:

shifted-is said:
telstra.mms settings:

Name: Telstra MMS
APN: telstra.mms
Proxy: 10.1.1.181
Port: 80
MMSC: http : // mmsc . telstra. c0m : 8002
MMS Proxy: 10.1.1.181
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 505
MNC: 01
Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
APN Type: mms
APN Protocol: IPv4

Telstra Internet
APN: Telstra.wap
MMSC: http : // mmsc . telstra . c0m : 8002
MMS Proxy: 10.1.1.180
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 505
MNC: 01
Authentication type: Not set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol IPv4

Get rid of the spaces in the MMSC between the dot and the com and change the 0 to an o... says I can't post links to "outside websites"

Will this work on other services? I don't know... but may help people play around with the settings and see if it does fix their issues. :)

Hope it helps...

cancerboy2

Mar 21, 2011
Same issues here. Using CM7 no problems. Using a JB rom (tried jellytime & codefirex), I can get Vodafone Au to work if all the settings (internet & mms) are in a single APN. When I switch to Optus (Au), I can send mms if I use mms only settings but have no internet. I am unable to combine all the settings into a single APN as with Vodafone. If I use the recommended APNs for internet and mms (separate APNs) I can no longer send mms. Then if I switch on wifi, I can. Has to be some sort of jb bug.

Hey....i got this problem to.......but i think i solve it by deleting the internet setting and leave the mms setting on......well at least it work for me,but i have to sacrifice data connection.......hope this help......:p

Masinac85

Jan 17, 2014
Kladovo
Hey....i got this problem to.......but i think i solve it by deleting the internet setting and leave the mms setting on......well at least it work for me,but i have to sacrifice data connection.......hope this help......:p

It's like u just checked MMS APN, nothing else. Except u now can't get data connection, so I think this is not very helpful.

I have the same problem with CM11 KitKat. When I'm sending MMS, I have to switch APN to MMS settings, and for internet I have to change back to Internet APN. On CM10.1 all worked fine... But, for me it's not a big deal, cause I rarely send MMS, so...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.