[Q] Lag on 4.3

Search This thread

jackryan57

Nov 9, 2007
Ever since I did the OTA to 4.3 my ATT GS3 is soooooo laggy...so is my buddies phone - any fixes for this? The camera takes like 3 seconds to open. Typing texts is painful with the lag too.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Did you try wiping cache? If that doesn't work, a factory wipe may do the trick.

rkant18

Feb 2, 2013
try going to settings, then to about device, press on build number 5 times till you get developer options, then turn all the animations to off for a fast experiance.

jackryan57

Nov 9, 2007
Will a factory restore correct this? I'd like to know if it's helped anyone before I blow my phone out.

jack man

Nov 8, 2009
Will a factory restore correct this? I'd like to know if it's helped anyone before I blow my phone out.

I went the stock route back when 4.3 was released simply because I just needed a break from tweaking the phone, plus I needed to make sure to keep m warranty, and i must say I haven't regretted it yet. I check back here every now and then.

When I updated to 4.3 i did do a factory reset, erasing everything. Not sure if this is your problem but i would definitely try it. I have had an ultra smooth experience with stock 4.3.

rpavan18

Apr 8, 2013
I too facing the same problem since from the 4.3update.it takes 2-3sec lag time before making any calls or messaging. The swipe function is not wrking properly.I did factory reset too but nothing helps.