Mild Rant

Search This thread

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
I just feel the need to state my opinion, so here it is. I find it rude and poor form to promote or compare the virtues of another ROM when in the thread of a different ROM. I understand the temptation to point out features that may be working in other ROM's, but lately I feel this is getting out of hand. Am not going to point fingers but there are too many posts in all the lollipop threads stating the GPe port is better, has best battery, blah blah blah. I know I would have a hard time not taking offense to that if I were a developer. The last thing we need is for our developers to feel unappreciated.

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York
I agree with this. I have noticed it lately in many threads and it must stop. It had been great with some measurements of battery life and so forth but I have a feeling that it is easier to complain than to act.;)

To me, those "but the GPe is...." or "GPe provides this...." is very tiring and useless spamming of threads. No, I just don't care how stable GPe is when there's no Xposed Framework, which make it necessary to use a more configurable ROM.

I have two different LP ROMs on my devices now, Dirty Unicorns (C6833) and Validus (C6802) and both are stable, with decent battery life.

This is the first time I chime in on a thread like this at XDA but it must be said and blocked....

We received a lot of decent LP ROMs lately and that trend should continue, without a lot of complaining. Yes, report bugs to the developers but don't BASH the ROMs being "captain obvious" about the greatness of the GPe port!

YES, there are bugs to be found in other ROMs due to the early stage of development but let developers figure them out rather than discourage them.

I say KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK with the Lollipop ROMs!

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
@E90 Commie I am glad to see I wasn't over reacting, I have started to reply to some of those posts only to second guess myself and delete them without sending. The last thing I wish to do is bicker, but I said what I felt needed to be said.

Reactions: lexdad86

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
@E90 Commie I am glad to see I wasn't over reacting, I have started to reply to some of those posts only to second guess myself and delete them without sending. The last thing I wish to do is bicker, but I said what I felt needed to be said.

I have done this on occasion, but I have always qualified the comments, and aimed them at a specific user. You are right that we don't need "GPe port is the greatest" in every LP thread, and worse every page of those threads.

Reactions: adfurgerson

wtfhax

Jan 2, 2011
To add to the rant, many doesn't seem to read or use the search function anymore. At least google it first or read the last post before posting the same questions or informations.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
but if you have the GPe you really have no options but the stock rom. there is no development at all anymore that i can see. there is STILL no root for the 5.0 rom. from my limited searching i can't see another GPe phone or nexus device that doesn't have root.

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
but if you have the GPe you really have no options but the stock rom. there is no development at all anymore that i can see. there is STILL no root for the 5.0 rom. from my limited searching i can't see another GPe phone or nexus device that doesn't have root.

@blueether has his GPe rooted using the system img. from DooMLoRD. I think the hard part would be unrooting if needed. Somebody reported blueether's tool for converting Sony custom ROMs for use on GPe recently worked for them with a 4.4.4 ROM. You could request some of the developers to support the GPe, originally on 4.4.4 there was something broke in CM and everyone lost interest, I had a GPe and tried to test and report bugs but didn't have much luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just feel the need to state my opinion, so here it is. I find it rude and poor form to promote or compare the virtues of another ROM when in the thread of a different ROM. I understand the temptation to point out features that may be working in other ROM's, but lately I feel this is getting out of hand. Am not going to point fingers but there are too many posts in all the lollipop threads stating the GPe port is better, has best battery, blah blah blah. I know I would have a hard time not taking offense to that if I were a developer. The last thing we need is for our developers to feel unappreciated.
    I agree with this. I have noticed it lately in many threads and it must stop. It had been great with some measurements of battery life and so forth but I have a feeling that it is easier to complain than to act.;)

To me, those "but the GPe is...." or "GPe provides this...." is very tiring and useless spamming of threads. No, I just don't care how stable GPe is when there's no Xposed Framework, which make it necessary to use a more configurable ROM.

I have two different LP ROMs on my devices now, Dirty Unicorns (C6833) and Validus (C6802) and both are stable, with decent battery life.

This is the first time I chime in on a thread like this at XDA but it must be said and blocked....

We received a lot of decent LP ROMs lately and that trend should continue, without a lot of complaining. Yes, report bugs to the developers but don't BASH the ROMs being "captain obvious" about the greatness of the GPe port!

YES, there are bugs to be found in other ROMs due to the early stage of development but let developers figure them out rather than discourage them.

I say KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK with the Lollipop ROMs!

I have done this on occasion, but I have always qualified the comments, and aimed them at a specific user. You are right that we don't need "GPe port is the greatest" in every LP thread, and worse every page of those threads.