[KERNEL]Hercules TW JB(002) OC~1.73GHz/GPU OC/OTG/UV[May-21]

Search This thread

goonx

Oct 18, 2011
this is spam but...

OMG FAUX123! gg guys, we will have godly kernels on this phone.

faux123

Dec 16, 2010
West Los Angeles
www.canonspike.com
I love to logcat if my phone would wake up from being plug in usb mode. Pretty much does a full reboot in deep sleep. Since buttons don't wake it like Faux said.

It will wake up, just press it a few times. It's not an sod. The button press worker entered deep sleep as well, and depending on where it is in its sleep cycle the button detection would be ignored until next cycle which appears as an sod but it's just lagged.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

phewizzo

Aug 29, 2007
New York City
It will wake up, just press it a few times. It's not an sod. The button press worker entered deep sleep as well, and depending on where it is in its sleep cycle the button detection would be ignored until next cycle which appears as an sod but it's just lagged.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

The 2 times i got the SOD i pressed my power button repeatedly for 10 seconds and it never woke up.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

iwasblown

Sep 7, 2010
This is a cool a!! Kernel, good Jon on the work, i'm interested in programming myself but Donny know whether to Getty started.

PorchSong

Nov 28, 2007
Denver
It sometimes takes up to 30+ seconds... You gave up too quickly.

Faux, I was playing around with the coming out of deep sleep state via the power button, but found that one time I came out, my capacitive buttons failed to work. I had to use the power button to reboot. I just wanted to report this so you can add to your checklist. BTW, this is the first time my buttons failed to work for me with any rom or any kernel. I could not even get them to light up.

faux123

Dec 16, 2010
West Los Angeles
www.canonspike.com
Ya ive had it take as long as a minute. Might be something i can deal with. Cuz im sure the beast is already fixing the bug.

Sent from my Juggernauted HercuBEAST!!!

Faux, I was playing around with the coming out of deep sleep state via the power button, but found that one time I came out, my capacitive buttons failed to work. I had to use the power button to reboot. I just wanted to report this so you can add to your checklist. BTW, this is the first time my buttons failed to work for me with any rom or any kernel. I could not even get them to light up.

I found a coding derp in one of my backports from Linux 3.2+ power management :eek: I fixed that derp already. Also I am testing some other PM related backports from Linux 3.2 which may cause compatibility issues with our older 2.6.35 kernel.

I tried to bring you guys the absolute latest technology and enhancements from the latest Linux releases and often times I have to backport them to make it work with 2.6.35 but sometimes it may not be 100% compatible.

The button lag issue (fake "SOD") should be fixed soon.

phewizzo

Aug 29, 2007
New York City
I found a coding derp in one of my backports from Linux 3.2+ power management :eek: I fixed that derp already. Also I am testing some other PM related backports from Linux 3.2 which may cause compatibility issues with our older 2.6.35 kernel.

I tried to bring you guys the absolute latest technology and enhancements from the latest Linux releases and often times I have to backport them to make it work with 2.6.35 but sometimes it may not be 100% compatible.

The button lag issue (fake "SOD") should be fixed soon.

Thanks bro. Cant wait to rock with ur kernel.

joser24

May 28, 2010
Burbank, CA
I love faux because you have several updates at the same. Time. Haha. I shall be donating to the crack fund lol

PorchSong

Nov 28, 2007
Denver

Faux, I have to tell you. There is something very f*cking cool about having devs respond to questions and issues in a timely manner. You, cmenard, whitehawk, and romanbb truly kick ass. It is a pleasure using y'alls kernels/Roms as we know you guys are on top of it. If we ask a legitimate question or find a bug, and you guys knock that crap out almost immediately. And your patience with the noobs is commendable as well.

Anyway, thanks!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installation Instructions:

Here's a step by step instruction to install this kernel:

**************** Jelly Bean ****************
    [ CFS ] (Ultimate Edition - should work with most phones but NOT GUARANTEED!)
    The File ==> Hercules kernel (1.73 GHz, L2 speed up to 1.56 GHz, GPU 3D @ 320 MHz, GPU 2D @ 220 MHz, CleanCache Enabled) <==

**************** ICE CREAM SANDWICH ****************
    The File ==> Hercules kernel (1.73 GHz, L2 speed up to 1.56 GHz, GPU 3D @ 320 MHz, GPU 2D @ 220 MHz, CleanCache Enabled) <==

**************** GINGERBREAD ****************
    [ CFS ] (Mainline Edition - should work with ALL phones!)
    The File ==> Hercules kernel (1.73 GHz, L2 speed up to 1.56 GHz) <==

[ Advanced Users: ]

[ Optional: ]

[ For Kernel Devlopers ONLY: ]

The File ==> My Global VDD_TABLE for under volt patch <==

Optional Under voltage:

Code:
    [ to over volt ALL frequencies by 25000 uv (microvolts) ]
    echo "+25000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels
    [ to under volt ALL frequencies by 25000 uv (microvolts) ]
    echo "-25000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels

[ to set a specific frequency (ie 1.18 GHz) 
      with a specific voltage (ie 1.0875 volts) ]
    echo "1188000 1087500" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels
    CPU Frequency Voltage Table Example
    Code:
      192000:   812500
      310500:   812500
      384000:   812500
      432000:   812500
      486000:   837500
      540000:   850000
      594000:   862500
      648000:   875000
      702000:   900000
      756000:   925000
      810000:   937500
      864000:   962500
      918000:   962500
      972000:   962500
     1026000:   975000
     1080000:   987500
     1134000:  1000000
     1188000:  1012500
     1242000:  1025000
     1296000:  1050000
     1350000:  1075000
     1404000:  1100000
     1458000:  1112500
     1512000:  1125000
     1566000:  1150000

Optional: Stock Clock Frequencies for Dual CPUs
    Code:
    su
    echo 192000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo 1188000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/online
    echo 192000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo 1188000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

1. download the above file (via phone directly or to a PC)
    2. copy the downloaded zip file to /sdcard/download/
    3. Open ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery" and select "OK"
    4. Once in recovery, select "wipe cache partition", select "Yes", then select "advanced", then select "Wipe Dalvik Cache", then select "Yes" again. Once finished, click the back button to go back to the main recovery menu. On that menu, select "Install Zip From SDCad", then select "Choose zip from SDCard", then go to /sdcard/download and select the downloaded zip file and let it run its script.
    5. Once the script is done, select "reboot system now"

Note: After FLASHING, the first reboot may take longer than usual, please be patient... After the first reboot, it may lag during initial load (let everything finish loading). Once everything is loaded and phone is ready for use, reboot the phone a 2nd time and the lag will be gone and everything should be silky smooth...

Not All CHIPS ARE CREATED EQUAL

TO DO:

version 1.x.x -- Haven't thought about it yet...

History:

See Post below...

Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!!!

My github Complying with GPL and XDA rulez :D

Follow me on :

If you find this Kernel useful, feel free to hit the [Thanks] button below
    Mind sharing the scripts ? :-D

Files info:

GideonX_Stock.zip - stock zip, flash this if you run into any problems. It will load all defaults.

GideonX_OC_UV.zip - CPUs @ 384/1080Mhz | -50mV | OnDemand

GideonX_OC_UV_VM_Tweaked_for_Battery.zip - CPUs @ 384/918Mhz | -75mV | OnDemand | VM tweaked | Not all phones can take -75mV, have the above stock zip handy just in case

Both OC zips will now flash a cpuinfo.sh file that will spit out the settings that were changed. Just type cpuinfo.sh in terminal emulator and you'll see everything. Don't worry if CPU1 comes back with file not found, it just means it went offline.

I had no idea this was in high demand ;)

Attached is the zip I use.

It undervolts by 50 microvolts, sets cpu to 384/1.08 on both CPUs, and uses the OnDemand governor on both. If you want to bump it higher or lower, just open up the script and change the speeds, easy as that.

You can check the settings within the post boot script, it's just a text file (.sh). You can also set individual voltages for specific cpu speeds. Just add the speed after the voltage within the " ". You'l see what I mean when you open the zip and file.

Anyhow, this set up works great for me and I never have to worry about apps bumping min and max all the way for no apparent reason. I bet I'm not the only one annoyed at that ;)

Some may ask, why not go the init.d route? Well, some roms support it, some don't. You'll also need the right kernel. This post boot method ALWAYS works.

Hit me up with any questions. And yes, the zip says OC but I'm really UC'ing, it just sounds better.

Update 1/12/2011 - Added another zip that does CPU0+1 @ 384/918 w/OnDemand gov at -75mV. Enjoy :)

PS: Not all phones are made alike. The settings I've set are pretty safe. If you go overclock crazy, that's up to you. Be safe.
    PPS: This works on Faux and Bullet kernel, I have no idea about anything else.
    PPPS: CPU1 will go to sleep and you won't be able to cat the speed or governor. If you really want to check, open up a cpu intensive app and you'll see CPU1 come alive. Trust me, it works best this way for performance and battery.
    FauxClock App recommended Settings"

CPU Control
    • Max clock - GHz 1.72 GHz for performance, 1.2 GHz for battery
    • Min clock - MHz 384 MHz for both
    • CPU Governor - Ondemand for performance and battery
    • mpdecision - On
    • Set On Boot - On

SOC Control
    • Set On Boot - On
    • C0 - On
    • C1 - On
    • C2 - On

Voltage Control
    • Set On Boot -
    • Global CPU Voltage - Your preference

Ondemand gov control
    • Up Threshold - 85 for both
    • Sampling Rate - 50000 for both
    • Set On Boot - On

GPU Control
    • GPU Governor - ondemand for both
    • GPU Clock - 320Mhz for performance and 266Mhz for battery
    • GPU Vsync Toggle - On for both
    • Set On Boot - On for both

I/O Scheduler Control
    • I/O Scheduler (eMMC) - SIO for both
    • Readhead Size (eMMC) - 384 for both

Misc Control
    • Dynamic File Sync - On for both
    • TCP Congestion Control - Westwood for both

Vibration Control
    • Vibration Control - Your own Preference

Above is what I use personally. MAY NOT be optimal for all :fingers-crossed:
    would you like to see some sound enhancements for this phone? I don't know how many of you are still holding on to this....

Use the thank button if you want sound enhancement for this phone..
    [ Add-Ons ]

Gideonx's scripts for OC / UV.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20946429&postcount=574

Make sure you hit [ thanks ] button for him :D