Verizon sucks sometimes... (just a good warning)

Search This thread

pewds

Feb 24, 2014
Okay a tip for you who are new to the world of rooting and flashing and cusrom ROMS. (Im relatively new)
TO ALL OF YOU RUNNING THE SAME PHONE MODEL AS ME. (Or any new Verizon phone) Verizon has locked the bootloaders so puting Cynogen mod on can be a long and hard process. You mist WIPE data not format. And ive bricked my phone doing this. After that ive not got past. Help pls ")

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Okay a tip for you who are new to the world of rooting and flashing and cusrom ROMS. (Im relatively new)
TO ALL OF YOU RUNNING THE SAME PHONE MODEL AS ME. (Or any new Verizon phone) Verizon has locked the bootloaders so puting Cynogen mod on can be a long and hard process. You mist WIPE data not format. And ive bricked my phone doing this. After that ive not got past. Help pls ")

Ok well the phone you have now only supports rooting and SafeStrap recovery. Do you recall what build it is on.. Mk2 or mj7?
You Need to get it into download mode and flash the stock firmware.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209

The file you need is there.

Reactions: pewds

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

unless you have a MDK base build you can't put CM or ASOP based roms on it...what made you think you could???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok well the phone you have now only supports rooting and SafeStrap recovery. Do you recall what build it is on.. Mk2 or mj7?
    You Need to get it into download mode and flash the stock firmware.

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209

The file you need is there.