Looking for the stock recovery for Verizon MK2

Search This thread

ozzman54

Sep 22, 2010
Any help would be appreciated. Just need the stock .img file to flash. I've tried flashing all versions of TWRP and it ends up bootlooping and getting stuck in Download Mode. I'd like to put the stock recovery back on for now until I find something that works.

Thanks!

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014
Any help would be appreciated. Just need the stock .img file to flash. I've tried flashing all versions of TWRP and it ends up bootlooping and getting stuck in Download Mode. I'd like to put the stock recovery back on for now until I find something that works.

Thanks!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209

If you're on MDK, use the link for MDK. Otherwise use one under the "Information" part of the post. (A Full-Wipe tar will remove all personal data from your phone.)

If you're not on MDK you will probably never be able to flash TWRP.

Safestrap is an option, but only allows TouzhWiz-based roms: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2441441

ozzman54

Sep 22, 2010
Thanks. Any way of pulling just the stock recovery .img and flashing it thru Flashify, or do I have to download the entire stock rom and do the no-wipe thru Odin? Reason I ask is because the phone works fine, just the recovery is borked if I try to boot into it.

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014
Thanks. Any way of pulling just the stock recovery .img and flashing it thru Flashify, or do I have to download the entire stock rom and do the no-wipe thru Odin? Reason I ask is because the phone works fine, just the recovery is borked if I try to boot into it.

You're on the MK2 build/bootloader, can boot into the android, but can't boot into recovery? That seems unusual to me (would have expected you to be forced into download mode), but I'm not an expert on it.

I don't have an MK2 device, but I would imagine @Surge1223 probably has an MK2 recovery .img

ozzman54

Sep 22, 2010
You're on the MK2 build/bootloader, can boot into the android, but can't boot into recovery? That seems unusual to me (would have expected you to be forced into download mode), but I'm not an expert on it.

I don't have an MK2 device, but I would imagine @Surge1223 probably has an MK2 recovery .img

Yeah it's odd. After trying to flash the recovery, it did get stuck forcing me into download mode. But by pulling the battery then manually booting into Download mode (Vol-Down, Home, Power) I'm able to get to the warning screen about Custom OS's and press Vol-Down to cancel. This boots into Android and fixes the issue. Reboots work fine, but if I try to boot into recovery it forces me into Download mode again. It's really odd. I might just take the plunge and do Surge1223's full wipe tomorrow. I've already gone thru and backed everything up to my PC.

Thanks for the help.