[Q] Should I flash my G900I with a G900F ROM?

Search This thread

gjlamb

Aug 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
I've flashed many different ROMs over the years and never had issues but I was curious as to whether the different modem in another variant would cause issues with LTE?

The G900I I have has it's dock locked so can't change anything and the always on voice (Hi Galaxy from sleep) doesn't work. These 2 issues seem common with the G900I. Here in Australia our LTE bands seem different to most other countries so I need to know if I screw with the baseband etc, will I have issues with network speed?

Thanks

Reactions: olavopb

XdividerX

Mar 15, 2012
I have the G900I and here's what I did to get around the locked dock.

Root the rom using cf-root and modify the following.

Open the /system/csc/others.xml file and change TRUE to FALSE on the following line:

<CscFeature_Launcher_ReplaceHotseatAreaInEditMode>TRUE</CscFeature_Launcher_ReplaceHotseatAreaInEditMode>

And while your at it, to enable gallery auto rotate after root, do the following in the same others.xml file

"<CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>TRUE</CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>" and change TRUE to FALSE.

Save your changes, reboot

As for using another rom, I'd wait until development is churning out lots of rom variations.

Sent from my SM-G900I.

Last edited:

trevagreene

Jan 8, 2011
Melbourne

Open the /system/csc/others.xml file and change TRUE to FALSE on the following line:

<CscFeature_Launcher_ReplaceHotseatAreaInEditMode>TRUE</CscFeature_Launcher_ReplaceHotseatAreaInEditMode>

And while your at it, to enable gallery auto rotate after root, do the following in the same others.xml file

"<CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>TRUE</CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>" and change TRUE to FALSE.

As for using another rom, I'd wait until development is churning out lots of rom variations.

Sent from my SM-G900I.

Will this also allow us to move the "apps draw" icon in the dock ? the one which is firmly planted on the right hand side ?

XdividerX

Mar 15, 2012
trevagreene, no. The app drawer icon cannot be moved by the method described.

Sent from my SM-G900I

antigravity

Aug 28, 2010

Hmmm interesting... What about the lockscreen camera?

I'm about to flash the Taiwanese firmware to my Telstra Galaxy - it is a G900I however it has all the features unlocked.

gjlamb

Aug 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
For the time being I've just gone the easy way and installed Google Now launcher and Cover lock screen replacement. Good thing about cover is that I turn the phone to landscape and the camera shortcut appears. Nice addition.

Still doesn't get me the always on voice activation tho. The main reason I went with the S5 is because the Moto X was only released with 16GB and no SD.

XdividerX

Mar 15, 2012
antigravity - im not sure bout the camera but as far as using the taiwanese firmware let us know how you go. The OP had a good point in that other countries use different LTE bands so it may or may not work. Either way let us know..

Sent from my SM-G900I

johnnyb33

Dec 6, 2013
Just a heads up op I tried to flash a 900f firmware (uk btu) and it failed straight away possible from a locked bootloader on the aussie phones. So that doesnt help but if you edit the replace hotseat string to false you can move the dock icons to whatever you like. I would also like to know if the taiwanese firmware would work on our 900i's. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

osaka.son

Jul 19, 2012
Hmmm interesting... What about the lockscreen camera?

I'm about to flash the Taiwanese firmware to my Telstra Galaxy - it is a G900I however it has all the features unlocked.

but taiwan rom doesnt have download booster

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Just a heads up op I tried to flash a 900f firmware (uk btu) and it failed straight away possible from a locked bootloader on the aussie phones. So that doesnt help but if you edit the replace hotseat string to false you can move the dock icons to whatever you like. I would also like to know if the taiwanese firmware would work on our 900i's. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

is work if your G900I flash Taiwan G900I rom, is only error when using G900I mobile Flash G900F Rom...
taiwan rom is goot, unless no download booster

antigravity

Aug 28, 2010
antigravity - im not sure bout the camera but as far as using the taiwanese firmware let us know how you go. The OP had a good point in that other countries use different LTE bands so it may or may not work. Either way let us know..

Sent from my SM-G900I

Taiwanese firmware works perfectly well on an Australian 900I.

Doesn't have download booster or Paypal fingerprint, but I wouldn't use those features anyway.

Will probably end up loading a custom ROM at some stage, but so far, the Taiwanese firmware works great. No noticeable difference with 3G/4G on the Telstra network.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: XdividerX

markymarkis

Apr 27, 2007

Doesn't have download booster or Paypal fingerprint, but I wouldn't use those features anyway.

Will probably end up loading a custom ROM at some stage, but so far, the Taiwanese firmware works great. No noticeable difference with 3G/4G on the Telstra network.

what do you gain with the taiwanese firmware? do you get an unlocked dock?, can you turn off the shutter sound on the camera?, do you get the auto rotate in the gallery? thanks.

Assimilator69

Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
i'm running alliance custom g900f on my Aussie g900i and the biggest problem I've faced and others with other custom roms is it breaks the NFC to be non fictional.

markymarkis

Apr 27, 2007
An update just came out today for the aussie 900i new build ending in D2
Was C6

Sent from my SM-G900I using xda app-developers app

gtda

Oct 20, 2010
Newcastle
Has anyone here tried flashing the unbranded xsa over the Telstra firmware. From previous experience on my old s4, the dock was still locked on xsa firmware. Also is anyone finding WiFi to be slow on Telstra firmware. The browser loads very slow, my friends note 3 on same WiFi connection is fine.

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

markymarkis

Apr 27, 2007
Has anyone here tried flashing the unbranded xsa over the Telstra firmware. From previous experience on my old s4, the dock was still locked on xsa firmware. Also is anyone finding WiFi to be slow on Telstra firmware. The browser loads very slow, my friends note 3 on same WiFi connection is fine.

I've got an unbranded phone, bought from samsung direct, dock is locked, and all other restrictions on the other aussie versions are on this one too :( (can't turn off the camera shutter sound, no auto rotate in gallery, etc)

gtda

Oct 20, 2010
Newcastle
I've got an unbranded phone, bought from samsung direct, dock is locked, and all other restrictions on the other aussie versions are on this one too :( (can't turn off the camera shutter sound, no auto rotate in gallery, etc)

That's sucks. I don't understand why they lock features to certain countries. Firmware should be the same across the board, only modems should change for different carriers.

markymarkis

Apr 27, 2007
That's sucks. I don't understand why they lock features to certain countries. Firmware should be the same across the board, only modems should change for different carriers.

if i flash the taiwan firmware, can i go back to the australian one without any knox tripping, warranty voiding?

G900IDVU1AND2 is out for australia
but taiwan is still a version behind at G900IZTU1ANCB

i can't find any info on whats new in G900IDVU1AND2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SM-G900I.
    Hi people's,

I have created a thread for general discussions for all Galaxy S5 Australian users.

This thread has deviated from the OP Let's keep all our information flowing on the new thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2723223

Sent from my SM-G900I
    I've flashed many different ROMs over the years and never had issues but I was curious as to whether the different modem in another variant would cause issues with LTE?

The G900I I have has it's dock locked so can't change anything and the always on voice (Hi Galaxy from sleep) doesn't work. These 2 issues seem common with the G900I. Here in Australia our LTE bands seem different to most other countries so I need to know if I screw with the baseband etc, will I have issues with network speed?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900I

Does anyone try the omega rom for Aussie S5 SM-G900I?

Enviado do meu SM-G900I através de Tapatalk

Yes I have. V1.4 works perfectly.

Others have had a few problems with battery, Bluetooth and NFC. I installed it like this. Chainfire's root, PhilzTouch Recovery, Factory Reset, Wipe to install new ROM, Install Omega. Not one issue.