Smart stay icon doesn't appear

Search This thread

boosha

Nov 15, 2013
Smart stay icon doesn't appear on status bar .... i have installed many roms and there is nothing but on lock screen when make a ripple effect to unlock screen i noticed that it appear for a 2 or 3 seconds and then disappeared ,,, can any one help me, Please

Sorry for bad English

boosha

Nov 15, 2013
I tried many roms on my galaxy S3 of course these roms is Samsung TW , i know that AOSP doesn't has this feature ,, but i noticed something that smart stay icon appear normally when i activate it in Smartdroid rom only this rom but other roms not ,, and since our awesome developers ported kitkat on S3 i tried it from (Preview 1 to 5) but i didn't see the icon , and kernel i often use Yank kernel or boeffla kernel ,,, Sorry for bad English.

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
I tried many roms on my galaxy S3 of course these roms is Samsung TW , i know that AOSP doesn't has this feature ,, but i noticed something that smart stay icon appear normally when i activate it in Smartdroid rom only this rom but other roms not ,, and since our awesome developers ported kitkat on S3 i tried it from (Preview 1 to 5) but i didn't see the icon , and kernel i often use Yank kernel or boeffla kernel ,,, Sorry for bad English.

Is your front camera working fine? Perhaps the service is being killed due to low RAM :s

~ RazorMC

boosha

Nov 15, 2013
Is your front camera working fine? Perhaps the service is being killed due to low RAM :s

~ RazorMC

Yes, it's working flawlessly and i taking pics with it and always i have at least 250-300 free ram on my galaxy S3 but what the service you taking about it ?

Thanks for your attention :)

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
Yes, it's working flawlessly and i taking pics with it and always i have at least 250-300 free ram on my galaxy S3 but what the service you taking about it ?

Thanks for your attention :)

Try this:
- set the screen timeout to 15 sec
- Keep looking at the screen (in good lighting)
- if you notice that the screen doesn't turn off after the timeout, then the service is working.

I've had the icon visible all the time but my friend's S3 does not have any icon, yet the service works.

~ RazorMC

boosha

Nov 15, 2013
Try this:
- set the screen timeout to 15 sec
- Keep looking at the screen (in good lighting)
- if you notice that the screen doesn't turn off after the timeout, then the service is working.

I've had the icon visible all the time but my friend's S3 does not have any icon, yet the service works.

~ RazorMC

I tried as u said then the smart stay icon appear for a second or two then disappeared and the screen didn't turn off that means the service working as u said,, but what's name of this service ?

Sorry for bad English.