[MOD][4.4.4]Native Tether Exploit Build 21.11.21 Updated:7/27/14

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5438687

but any way to turn off Write Protection on 4.4.4? :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    YOU HOLD MYSELF AND XDA FREE FROM ANY LIABILITY. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICE. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.​

This will enable Native Tether for Build 21.11.21. Shout out goes to @iKrYpToNiTe for his work with this.

Prerequisites:
    Droid Maxx/Ultra Rooted w/WP off

METHOD 1: TWRP INSTALL

1) Download the package below labeled "21.11.21tether_twrpinstall".

2) Reboot Into TWRP recovery and navigate to the file for flashing.

3) Reboot

4) Verify tether works

5) Profit.

METHOD 2: MANUAL INSTALL

1) Download the package below labeled "21.11.21tether".

2) Download root browser by Jrummy from the play store

3) Navigate to System/Priv-App and rename VZWEntitlementservice.apk to VzwEntitlementservice.apk.bak.

4) Navigate to System and rename the build.prop to build.prop.bak

5) Place the package on the root of your sd card and extract the build.prop file within the folder.

6) Navigate to system and Copy and paste the new file.

7) Set permissions for the file to
    Owner: Read/Write
    Group: Read
    Others: Read

This should show (rw-r--r--)

8) Reboot. Verify tether works

9) Profit.

REVERTING

METHOD 1:
    If installed in twrp, download the package below labeled 21.11.21tether_revert. Flash in Twrp, reboot, verify subscription check re-enabled.

METHOD 2:
    If manually installed, simply delete the build.prop you installed, remove the .bak extension from the original build.prop, verify permissions, reboot.
    "I'm not required to disclose the details of any mod to you" - this might or might not be true as I'm not familiar with Open Source Licensing and you might be required to disclose. Regardless, you did not, that's part why you came across as not completely honest.

The fact that most developers (Jcase, Faux123, beaups, iKrYpToNiTe, just to name a few) DO disclose everything makes me thank that you might be required to do full disclosure.

"Either apply it, or don't." - I did not. I applied command provided by iKrYpToNiTe
    If you are really that concerned about the build.prop being altered in a way that you feel the need to be worried, then simply compare your current build.prop to the modified one that topsnake has provided. It's that simple. No need to start arguments about what one person feels is better or safer or whatever else you think; I personally research anything that I do to my phone by tearing down apk's or batch files or whatever it might be that I'm applying to my phone to see what is being done. By doing this it also helps you learn how these exploits work and helps you learn more about your phone in general.

If you're not comfortable with changing files then don't do it. It's that simple.

Not calling any one particular person out in general, but there is so much of the same information continually being repeated that it is extremely frustrating. I'm to the point where I don't even try and help because I'm just repeating what I said a page or two back, or the post directly below.
    Topsnake, thank you! For all you have done in the past and now.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Whelp that's it's for me @NWKENT @Jaocagomez @Caseyk621 @bigv5150 @rmjones2006 i'm done helping this community and dealing with all these people who feel like something is owed to them. It's been fun.

Man were always losing the good ones. Topsanake tell me who it is that iI have to take out I'm from jersey plenty of landfills to dump a body in "wink wink". Seriously just tell the tools to get bent I have never seen a person on here do anything or post anything malicious were all trying to help one another. If someone gives you **** tell them to pound salt. I love this community but have non of the skills most of the guys here have in coding etc. So I try to help in other ways hell I sent topsnake my cell number to help him through the Chinese site. That is what this place is about you don't have to be a genius just help where you can and respect others. And for god sake read and search before posting.
    Thread cleaned.

Sometimes it's easier to discuss things over a PM rather than babble about it in public.

As the OP stated. Everything is out in the open in the build.prop. If one is wondering what changes were made, do a diff against the original build.prop