**Boostn*Beats*Audio**GB/ICS/JB**CM9/AOKP/AOSP**AwesomeBEATSv3** Updated 7/31/12**

Search This thread

PickleHead

Dec 7, 2010
Does this work with Bluetooth AD2P, or does it strictly modify the audio through the DSP chip connected to the headphone jack?

pitbull292006

Sep 17, 2007
After flashing this, my YouTube app stopped working. It loads up, but wont play the videos... how do I delete this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium App

i_max2k2

Dec 1, 2007
Is there any actual tests on this mod? Just proof that it works and isn't placebo? I installed it, but I played a song before hand: Set me on Fire - Pendulum. I then tried with the mod and it sounds completely the same. If there was anything, it's definitely not what people are claiming it is.

You'll hear the difference right away if your able make it work. The bass is deeper then with what you get with say poweramp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy Note using XDA

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
I've used this tweak since I bought the Note but just today tried it with dsp manager. Half through listening I tried resetting dsp manager and I didn't notice a sound difference. I had tried it with the settings you posted. Is there another app like it with more pronounced sound? I'm trying to get as close to the way the rezound sounded as possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Haha my speakers are plenty good enough. Pioneer system with two twelve inches Sony xplod subs.

So that's not the problem. I followed the instructions, files are there. I get no difference unless I use dsp manager.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Well that would be your problem....
2 12' Sony Xplods.....

:confused::confused:

lol jk but they notorious for bad bass response

try hearing it on good headphones with low bass response ( 5Htz -15Htz)
yes i know anything below 10Htz is just moving air ....in large speakers
it makes a difference in headphones tho

i can hear the difference on mine :)

i_max2k2

Dec 1, 2007
I have used it on my gingrebread builds, along with Shure SE530, my car audio(bmw oem) and even my home stereo onkyo+mirage nanosat, they do make a significant difference, the bass is much thicker vs what I get in power amp, and I'm now missing it in the Alpa II, does anyone know if it works in ICS? And all my music is lossless flac/alac.

Thanks to OP!

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
I have used it on my gingrebread builds, along with Shure SE530, my car audio(bmw oem) and even my home stereo onkyo+mirage nanosat, they do make a significant difference, the bass is much thicker vs what I get in power amp, and I'm now missing it in the Alpa II, does anyone know if it works in ICS? And all my music is lossless flac/alac.

Thanks to OP!

Works for me! I think others have confirmed it works for them too.

Reactions: i_max2k2

crielstar

Mar 23, 2012
Ya I lost data connection. It would show activity but give a proxy error when I attempted to use 4g!..and all apn settings looked fine. I used Odin to get back to stock which fixed connectivity, cwm flashes only changed the Rom and did not fix the connection.

I thought the same. Don't know how it messed my connection, since u say it doesent change ne important stuff.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using XDA

i_max2k2

Dec 1, 2007
I have tried flashing it on Hybrid from DAGr8, but it hasn't worked, no change in audio after changing settings in DSP manager, is there something else that needs to be done, I flashed beats audio and after reboot installed DSP manager, worked really well in gingerbread and I'm missing the audible difference.

BoOsT

Jan 6, 2008
Southeast Missouri
I had to mount System and Data in CWM before flashing. I need to update the script to automatically do that. I will try to remember that lol

SPtheALIEN

Mar 15, 2011
San Diego
Does anyone know if the DSP app is required to hear a difference? I have installed another ROM on my device and have also re-applied the Beats ZIP, but I haven't installed the DSP app. I don't know if I'm used to it, but I can't tell a difference now.

What I didn't like about the DSP app is it needed to be run in order for the audio changes to take place. That meant that if I wanted to listen to music, I had to open up my music app (Rdio) as well as the DSP app. Making it into a system app did not make a difference.

i_max2k2

Dec 1, 2007
I had to mount System and Data in CWM before flashing. I need to update the script to automatically do that. I will try to remember that lol

Thank you, I tried doing this mounted data and system, however after flashing it again, I still haven't any difference, I'll try reinstalling DSP manager and see if that changes anything.

Edit: No change after uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling DSP manager :(

Edit: This is weird I can hear the difference when I'm using the Act1 video player, but not in Power Amp, and DSP changes are reflecting accurately when I'm playing the video but not in power amp.

Last edited:

BoOsT

Jan 6, 2008
Southeast Missouri
Thank you, I tried doing this mounted data and system, however after flashing it again, I still haven't any difference, I'll try reinstalling DSP manager and see if that changes anything.

Edit: No change after uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling DSP manager :(

Edit: This is weird I can hear the difference when I'm using the Act1 video player, but not in Power Amp, and DSP changes are reflecting accurately when I'm playing the video but not in power amp.

Sorry, I've never used power amp. You should not need dspmanager for the changes to take effect. Dspmanager just allows you to fine tune it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beats Updated For CM9/AOKP USERS!!!

This is a Beats Audio Port and will work for all Gingerbread Roms, ICS & CM9/AOKP... I have also included the AwesomeBEATSv3 APK!!!The sounds will be more natural, playing with more clarity and bass.

AwesomeBEATS & CM-AOKP can only be installed on CM9 based ROM's!!! (for now)

Thanks to the original Dev's. RockoDev & Fuss132!
    Thanks to ...Awesome... for letting me add his AwesomeBeats Modified DSP manager as well!

...Awesome...'s Thread: CLICK ME!
    Link to more info.CLICK ME!
    Rocko's Thread CLICK ME!
    DONT INSTALL ANY OF ROCKO'S VERSIONS OR YOU WILL BE STUCK AT SAMSUNG SCREEN!!!

Installation Instructions

GB/ICS

1. Mount System
    2. Install ICS-Beatsv2
    3. Install AwesomeBEATSv3
    4. Reboot

CM9/AOKP/AOSP
    1. Mount System
    2. Install CM-AOKP Beats
    3. Install AwesomeBEATSv3
    4. Reboot

CM10
    1. Mount System
    2. Install AwesomeBEATSv3(4.1)
    3. Reboot

MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING!!!

Settings/Sounds/Music Effects/ (enable MusicFX & Awesome Beats)
    I also wanted to say I am NOT ignoring anyone! It is harvest and that means I've got a lot to do 15+ hours a day 7 days a week!! Not much time for the phone. I hope everyone understands!! I can't thank everyone enough for the support you have given me thus far ;)

Can you see the beats logo on the notification window???
    No, no Logo. You just hear it :)
    Nice boost! Glad to see you back bro.. :)

sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA premium

Man its good to have an android back in my hands. It barely fits in them LOL, but now the fun begins :D
    The OP downloads have all been updated. I put in the BEATS icon apk file.

Re-download the files and flash over the exhisting.

Open the apk and enable it I believe. I haven't been able to test it. I'm too busy using my phone lol someone try it out and let me know!

Cant his be removed from the rom once flashed?? any other way..i find my Apple headphones distorting with beats audio.

Shouldn't be to hard to write a script to remove Beats and associated files from your phone. If I have the time I might do this if Boost doesn't Beats me to it. See what I did there. RotfLmfao.