Why haven't I lost root?

Search This thread

Wrw311

Apr 19, 2011
Don't get me wrong, I'm obviously pretty happy that my Kindle hasn't updated. But all I've done is flash the HDXposed that Cpasjuste put together on a ROM slot. I'll have to go look but I may have changed a couple file extensions. I haven't gone into my build prop to change anything, nor do I have a firewall turned on. All of my amazon services are working great as well as google play store. I'm always running on my ROM slot and have not booted into stock since the update went live.

I've just read so much about how people have had theirs updated even though they were on a rom slot and running HDXposed like myself. Are those of us who are still rooted just lucky?

Pure curiosity, thanks!

Faznx92

Nov 18, 2013
Don't get me wrong, I'm obviously pretty happy that my Kindle hasn't updated. But all I've done is flash the HDXposed that Cpasjuste put together on a ROM slot. I'll have to go look but I may have changed a couple file extensions. I haven't gone into my build prop to change anything, nor do I have a firewall turned on. All of my amazon services are working great as well as google play store. I'm always running on my ROM slot and have not booted into stock since the update went live.

I've just read so much about how people have had theirs updated even though they were on a rom slot and running HDXposed like myself. Are those of us who are still rooted just lucky?

Pure curiosity, thanks!

Please list what you changed. Are you on your stock rom in a rom slot? HDXposed flash from safestrap or the apk install with the framework? How long have you had your current configuration?

Wrw311

Apr 19, 2011
Please list what you changed. Are you on your stock rom in a rom slot? HDXposed flash from safestrap or the apk install with the framework? How long have you had your current configuration?

I'll do my best to remember as this was almost a couple months ago. I basically followed androidcowboy's walkthrough for installing HDXposed. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2636817 Now instead of using the stock OS that's listed, I did a backup and flashed my current stock.
I'm always on the rom slot with wifi. When I go into the settings to see about updates, it says it hasn't checked since Feb 4th. I have not hit to have it manually check since it apparently isn't auto checking.
I don't think there's anything else I did... Its always on wifi and I have all my services working...

Clarke33

Oct 16, 2012
Same here. I flashed Hashcode's stock Rom on Rom slot 1 then installed the Xposed apk. Nothing else and I haven't updated either. My wife's 7" is a different matter. It updated last week even though it was running Android firewall. I did a factory reset on it and it is now back to bone stock.

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda app-developers app

Flinsman

Mar 13, 2011
Coral Springs
Same here, still on root.

Same here. I flashed Hashcode's stock Rom on Rom slot 1 then installed the Xposed apk. Nothing else and I haven't updated either. My wife's 7" is a different matter. It updated last week even though it was running Android firewall. I did a factory reset on it and it is now back to bone stock.

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda app-developers app

All it did was installed xposed, may have changed one or two files to .bak, or .old, I'll have to check tomorrow, I don't have the device with me.