Battery Drain

Search This thread

Valtarian

Mar 19, 2014
Hi,

I just recently purchased a "new" Moto X from eBay. I've been trying to calibrate the battery, and it seems to be slowly improving, but the results are not what I was hoping for.

Day 1:
Battery drained from 100% to 70% in two hours of use

Day 2:
Charged 100%, left it unplugged overnight. Drained from 100% to 88% by the time I woke up. Could not make it throughout the entire day without having to supplement the charge by around 7:00pm. Minimal use.. maybe 2 hours of screen time, 14 hours on.

Day 3 (today):
Charged overnight. Took it off the charge at 11:00am. Battery remained at 100% until 11:30, and sporadically skipped 99, 98, and 97% and jumped straight down to 96%. It is now 3:04pm, and with light use I'm down to 65% battery. 1hr 40m screen on time, and 3hr 55 min on battery. View the 3 attachments for battery life information.

Is this normal, or is my unit defective?

Edit: I end processes as soon as I'm finished with them, I keep the screen on the bare minimum brightness, and I disabled most of the apps that I don't use.

Last edited:

someguyatx

Feb 7, 2012
Louisville
Give it a few days and leave everything on auto. No need to close apps anymore and the battery saver setting is useless. The only things I toggle on and off are WiFi, Bluetooth, and NFC. Everything else is on all of the time. I use lux for brightness because I prefer brighter than stock.

Today has been an average usage day, no calls. Here is my usage

7e6u9u2u.jpg

e7e7a9um.jpg

Soldier 2.0

Nov 6, 2012
www.youtube.com
Hi,

I just recently purchased a "new" Moto X from eBay. I've been trying to calibrate the battery, and it seems to be slowly improving, but the results are not what I was hoping for.

Day 1:
Battery drained from 100% to 70% in two hours of use

Day 2:
Charged 100%, left it unplugged overnight. Drained from 100% to 88% by the time I woke up. Could not make it throughout the entire day without having to supplement the charge by around 7:00pm. Minimal use.. maybe 2 hours of screen time, 14 hours on.

Day 3 (today):
Charged overnight. Took it off the charge at 11:00am. Battery remained at 100% until 11:30, and sporadically skipped 99, 98, and 97% and jumped straight down to 96%. It is now 3:04pm, and with light use I'm down to 65% battery. 1hr 40m screen on time, and 3hr 55 min on battery. View the 3 attachments for battery life information.

Is this normal, or is my unit defective?

Edit: I end processes as soon as I'm finished with them, I keep the screen on the bare minimum brightness, and I disabled most of the apps that I don't use.

Battery life depends a lot on signal strength. I get horrible battery life at work because I can hardly get two bars to show. Great signal=great battery life. This doesn't apply to Wi-Fi connection because the signal does not have to travel that far.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk