[Q] What is the best rom out??

Search This thread

foxrivertrekker

Sep 29, 2011
I know there are things like appearance and features that make roms different but obviously there are newer features and enhancements we want. Looking at the development page i cant tell at what stage a certain rom is at if it is complete or still buggy. Theres no way to tell by looking thru hundreds of posts.
Itd be nice if there were a seperate page with just the rom downloads with full descriptions and features so they could be compared to choose the one you want. What is miui and do i want it? What roms use it? Are all the roms safe to switch back and forth and will work with 4.5.141 ?
Ive been running nottach trix and its nice but id like to know if im missing out on anything and have no way of telling if i am ?
Thanks!!

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I know there are things like appearance and features that make roms different but obviously there are newer features and enhancements we want. Looking at the development page i cant tell at what stage a certain rom is at if it is complete or still buggy. Theres no way to tell by looking thru hundreds of posts.
Itd be nice if there were a seperate page with just the rom downloads with full descriptions and features so they could be compared to choose the one you want. What is miui and do i want it? What roms use it? Are all the roms safe to switch back and forth and will work with 4.5.141 ?
Ive been running nottach trix and its nice but id like to know if im missing out on anything and have no way of telling if i am ?
Thanks!!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1592567

Miui is an android version with an iPhone feel and look. If you like the atrix for the fingerprint unlock (really that's the whole point of having this awesome phone) any blur based rom has it, but cm7 also does without all the bloat of blur and the scanner actually is much faster in response time than blur.

Reactions: foxrivertrekker

The2max

Apr 19, 2012
I'm a big fan of Jokersax's cm9 ROM. He's got that new installer with plenty of options for it now:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1603925

Quite stable for me, only issues I have currently are the multi-touch can be a little wonky, and the occasional graphical glitch.

Turl's cm9 is also solid, they're both very similar, main difference I've found is a bit better battery life (but this could have changed, Jokersax updates rather frequently).

Also, first post!

Q: What is the best ROM out?
A: Whatever one works best for you.

:) Sorry to sound flippant, but this question doesn't have an answer, because "best" is subjective; what's "best" for one person is not the "best" for someone else. You have to decide what features you want and choose the custom ROM that matches your needs. That is the "best" ROM.

quetzalcoatl2435

Apr 16, 2012
Yogyakarta
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
^^^
| | |

What he said.

You like stock? -> Nottachtrix or Topogigi.
You like iOS? -> Why are you here? :p (j/k) MIUI.
You like stable vanilla Android? -> CM7 (and variants).
You like vanilla ICS? -> CM9 (and AOKP variants). Still a bit buggy, though.
You like Sense? -> Get an HTC phone.
You like AMOLED? -> Buy a Samsung.

All kidding aside, use whatever suits your needs (and wants).

octahedron

Apr 24, 2012
^^^
| | |

What he said.

Would it be possible to to link me to the stable cm7 mods? I've browsed through the developer forum and saw several, but don't know much about modding or where to begin. I did find your post helpful. I've been waiting for ICS for a while, but since those mods aren't stable and I'll settle for stock gingerbread. It's probably a lot better than motoblur gingerbread.

Cryingmoose

Aug 30, 2011
^^^
| | |

What he said.

Actually your summary was helpful to me. I just unlocked and installed CM7 a few days ago, and didn't really understand the difference between all the roms.

Reactions: foxrivertrekker

Cryingmoose

Aug 30, 2011
The RC refers to release candidate. I think it's the most stable version released. I haven't had any issues. GPS, Camera, Wi-Fi, ramfix, works great. Battery life is about same as I was getting on stock. Got about a 6% increase on benchmarchs without OC`ing.

octahedron

Apr 24, 2012
Thank you. Are there any instructions on how to install it? I downloaded the zip file but didn't see any in there.

omni_angel7

Mar 9, 2011
Orlando
Reactions: octahedron

octahedron

Apr 24, 2012
So If I'm on ATT I download the: ATT ONLY - Unlocker for 1.8.3 and 4.5.91 ATT firmwares

?

Just wondering since he didn't specify in the instructions and in the instructions during the process it says I need a sbf file.

aquil3000

Mar 25, 2010
Atlanta, GA
^^^
| | |

What he said.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ^^^
    | | |

What he said.

Thanks!!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1592567

Miui is an android version with an iPhone feel and look. If you like the atrix for the fingerprint unlock (really that's the whole point of having this awesome phone) any blur based rom has it, but cm7 also does without all the bloat of blur and the scanner actually is much faster in response time than blur.
    ^^^
    | | |

What he said.

Actually your summary was helpful to me. I just unlocked and installed CM7 a few days ago, and didn't really understand the difference between all the roms.
    Thank you. Are there any instructions on how to install it? I downloaded the zip file but didn't see any in there.

Don't hurt yourself... or your phone :p Double and triple-read EVERYTHING before you touch a single OK button.
    Seriously... don't brick your phone.

Two important links:
    1) Noob guide:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1302423
    2) How to avoid HardBricking:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1160408