[DEV][OTA] CyanogenMod 11.0 Galaxy 551/Callisto (GT-I5510) Port [androidarmv6]

Search This thread

psyke83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2011
CyanogenMod 11.0 Galaxy 551/Callisto (GT-I5510) Port [androidarmv6] [OTA enabled]
Current port status: release candidate - should be suitable for daily use
Latest release: Over The Air (OTA) build - updated regularly

Hey folks,

This is a port of CyanogenMod 11.0 (using the androidarmv6 fork) for the Samsung Galaxy 551 (GT-I5510 or "Callisto") series phones. The current version is Android 4.4.2. Please note that this is an Over The Air (OTA) enabled ROM.

Pre-requisites:

First-time installation:
  • Download and install the latest OTA-enabled build from: http://download.androidarmv6.org/_builds/callisto/
  • If you are upgrading from a different Android revision, perform a data-wipe.
  • ROM updates will now be available via the built-in OTA update mechanism (see below).

OTA update instructions:
  • Navigate to Settings -> About phone -> CyanogenMod updates.
  • Ensure that Update types is set to New versions (incl. Nightlies).
  • Click the refresh icon, and new updates will be displayed inside the app. Click on the desired version to begin the download, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the upgrade process.

Previous releases:

• md5: ?
    • Build updated to cm-11.0
    • Hardware keys fixed (thanks to darblack)
    • Camera fixed (hopefully; please leave feedback)
    • Many fixes and improvements
    • Build updated to CM10.2
    • Add configuration files to support hardware keypad (sec_keypad)
    • Fix kernel driver issues that may cause issues on Callisto, including camera initialization (note: should hopefully fix initialization of camera kernel driver, but the camera still may need other fixes to actually work correctly)
    • md5: 2c2c70ad83dfa5468e7aff5822510111
    • First build - untested

Thanks [Samsung androidarmv6 crew]:
  • WaylandAce
  • TheWhisp
  • rohan007
  • michie
  • hrk
  • erikcas
  • bieltv3
  • tilal6991
  • KonstaT
  • psyke83
  • ankur850

Source Code:

Last edited:

psyke83

Mar 29, 2011
ClockworkMod:
ClockworkMod v6.0.5.3 or later is mandatory in order to install CM11, or else you will experience "status 0" errors when attempting to flash ROMs that have hardware TLS enabled.

How to update ClockworkMod recovery:
  • Download the latest callisto recovery.img available from the Jenkins cm-recovery job list, and copy to your device's /sdcard.
  • Flash the image by entering the following commands in the terminal emulator app:
    Code:
    su
    flash_image recoveryonly /sdcard/recovery.img

Useful resources:
1. simple2ext_mod - modified version of S2E app2sd app updated to support CM11 (and is fully compatible with OTA updates, unlike most other app2sd solutions) [thanks: @psyke83 ]
2. Gapps Basic packages for CM11 (note: be sure to use the SD-EXT package v2.1 or later for callisto) [thanks: @Bhargav97 & @psyke83]
3. AZERTY keyboard patch - flashable recovery package; won't break delta OTA updates, but a full OTA package update will wipe the changes, requiring the package to be re-installed) [thanks: @aldweb]

Last edited:

psyke83

Mar 29, 2011
CM11 builds with kernel 3.0 - testers required
WARNING: certain builds may not boot, for various reasons. You should be prepared to reflash a working ROM if necessary.

Due to @Mm7's excellent work in getting the partial source FSR driver working for the other Gingerbread devices, it seems like a good time to resume work on the 3.0 kernel. Since I don't have a galaxy5, beni, callisto or tass in my posession, I need some people to test some experimental builds that use kernel 3.0.

Current status:
  • All builds are booting
  • All drivers (on all builds) have been reported as working correctly

Needs testing (compare the behaviour to the old kernel):
  • General stability
  • General performance
  • Battery consumption / deep sleep
  • WiFi suspend stability
  • SD card and/or USB transfer speed issues
  • Audio stutters/microstutters during playback when phone is idle
  • Potential lag during wake from idle

beni: cm11 build #1165 (updated: November 14th)
callisto: cm11 build #1177 (updated: November 24th)
cooper: cm11 build #1199 (updated: December 6th)
galaxy5: cm11 build #1198 (updated: December 4th)
gio: @erikcas is testing private builds
tass: cm11 build #1138 (updated: November 10th)

1. Perform a full CWM backup before proceeding (a data-wipe will be mandatory*, and your backup will also insure against potential data-loss).
2. Optional: if possible, use a backup SD card during testing to avoid potential data-loss.
3. Perform a data wipe*, and install the CM11 build.

Please give feedback on what is working and not working compared to the regular build. Particular focus should be on hardware components - for example, wifi, touchscreen, camera, bluetooth, sensors, etc. Try to ensure that everything works.

Please upload a dmesg and logcat (taken shortly after boot completion) for me to examine, even if the build is not giving any obvious problems. Just make sure to mention the build # and your phone model when providing me with feedback. Thanks!

To capture logs (best done shortly after boot completion so that I can see the beginning of the logs):
Code:
su
cd /sdcard
logcat -d >logcat.txt
dmesg >dmesg.txt

* If you insist on installing the cm11 build over an OTA installation without a data-wipe, you'll need to edit the updater-script and remove the line beginning with sha1_check. To go back to an OTA build (without wiping), you'll need to perform the same step on the updater-script of a full OTA package as well.

Last edited:

psyke83

Mar 29, 2011
@ankur850,

I don't own a callisto, so I rely on testers to let me know if the build works (and provide logcats, etc., if it doesn't). I've merged the "cleaned" callisto vendor files, kernel and device overlay that co-exists with the other msm7x27 series phones to the androidarmv6 repository. If there's a media scanner bug, then it's likely to affect all other devices and should be fixed accordingly.

stevenanggelo

Well from what i got after a few hour with this rom :
1.Quite stable with only 600mhz clock
2.I can receive file's with bluetooth without 3rd app
3.Wifi scan work perfectly and can detect my home network
4.Network data work

Bug :
1.Camera didn't work
2.Home button became up button and power button became down button, enter button became backscpace and ok became enter

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    299.5 KB · Views: 60

psyke83

Mar 29, 2011
Well from what i got after a few hour with this rom :
1.Quite stable with only 600mhz clock
2.I can receive file's with bluetooth without 3rd app
3.Wifi scan work perfectly and can detect my home network
4.Network data work

Bug :
1.Camera didn't work
2.Home button became up button and power button became down button, enter button became backscpace and ok became enter

Thanks for the report. I'll investigate the camera problem, it may be a missing kernel driver or a problem with the libcamera library... I'll check it out.

As for the issue with buttons, please reboot into recovery, then choose the option advanced -> key test. Then check all of the keys that you have identified as being incorrectly mapped, and let me know the key value that is reported for each one.

For example:
Vol. up = 115
Vol. down = 114
etc.

Edit: it would also help if you could send me a dmesg log (taken after trying to use the camera).

Last edited:

stevenanggelo

Thanks for the report. I'll investigate the camera problem, it may be a missing kernel driver or a problem with the libcamera library... I'll check it out.

As for the issue with buttons, please reboot into recovery, then choose the option advanced -> key test. Then check all of the keys that you have identified as being incorrectly mapped, and let me know the key value that is reported for each one.

For example:
Vol. up = 115
Vol. down = 114
etc.

Edit: it would also help if you could send me a dmesg log (taken after trying to use the camera).

okay i will report it to you after i get home

sorry for late reply

Edit :
okay sorry for being too long to reply

i'm a little bit busy

for the key test :
power button (became down button): 107
home button (became up button): 102
backspace button (didn't work) : 352
enter button (became backspace): 14
ok button (became enter button): 28
alt button (didn't work) : 56
shift button (didn't work) : 42
question mark (didn't work) : 214

stock camera didn't show at app drawer
so i use camera 360

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    131.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

psyke83

Mar 29, 2011
Hi,

I've updated the first post with a new CM10.2 build that needs testing. Please test and leave feedback. I'd really appreciate if someone could post dmesg and logcats after trying the stock camera app.

N.B.: please test only the build that I linked in post #1. Random builds from Jenkins will not have the same device-specific fixes - I need feedback from testers before I can push certain device-specific fixes into the repository with confidence.

stevenanggelo

Hi,

I've updated the first post with a new CM10.2 build that needs testing. Please test and leave feedback. I'd really appreciate if someone could post dmesg and logcats after trying the stock camera app.

N.B.: please test only the build that I linked in post #1. Random builds from Jenkins will not have the same device-specific fixes - I need feedback from testers before I can push certain device-specific fixes into the repository with confidence.

can't boot into homescreen
stuck at black screen after reboot from recovery

already to try to pull out the battery
but still no success

psyke83

Mar 29, 2011
can't boot into homescreen
stuck at black screen after reboot from recovery

already to try to pull out the battery
but still no success

Can you try flashing this boot image via Odin to see if it fixes the problem? http://www.mediafire.com/download/571d42f93e4ba54/callisto-boottest1.tar

I also have a request for anyone that's still running CM10.1. Please give me the output of this command:

Code:
adb shell strings -fn1 /sys/class/i2c-adapter/*/*/name

The output should look similar to this:
Code:
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0020/name: sr200pc10
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0030/name: mmc31xx
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0038/name: bma_accel
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-002c/name: synaptics-rmi-ts
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-0025/name: fsa9280

Thanks.

stevenanggelo

Can you try flashing this boot image via Odin to see if it fixes the problem? http://www.mediafire.com/download/571d42f93e4ba54/callisto-boottest1.tar

I also have a request for anyone that's still running CM10.1. Please give me the output of this command:

Code:
adb shell strings -fn1 /sys/class/i2c-adapter/*/*/name

The output should look similar to this:
Code:
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0020/name: sr200pc10
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0030/name: mmc31xx
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0038/name: bma_accel
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-002c/name: synaptics-rmi-ts

Thanks.

the rom can boot into homescreen with that kernel thx psyke
and the stock camera can be launch right now
but can't be use to take photos

and for the cm10.1

Code:
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-003c/name: s5k5ca
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-004a/name: qt602240-ts
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-0009/name: kr3dm_accel
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-0030/name: mmc31xx
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-0044/name: gp2a

edit :
i forgot to include logcat and dmesg

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    165.3 KB · Views: 17
  • dmesg.txt
    77.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: joao maximo1988

psyke83

Mar 29, 2011
the rom can boot into homescreen with that kernel thx psyke
and the stock camera can be launch right now
but can't be use to take photos

Thanks, I'll keep looking into the camera problems. There are also camera issues on the Mini and Gio, so this is probably the same problem.

Are the hardware keys now working properly?

Last edited:

stevenanggelo

Thanks, I'll keep looking into the camera problems. There are also camera issues on the Mini and Gio, so this is probably the same problem.

Are the hardware keys now working properly?

i didn't test the all of the hardware keys but the home and menu button now working properly
i forget to test it all :p

but i read at the facebook group, the previous build at jenkins has a microphone bug.
after 30sec of phonecall the mic turn off
i didn't know if the bug is persist in your build

i'm gonna test it when i'm have some spare time :D

Edit :
almost all the hardware key working
but the alt,shift,and enter button not working
and the ? button became '
here i include you the stock gingerbread keylayout and ankur cm10.1 keylayout
Download

and i already test the microphone for call about 1 minute and the microphone is working perfectly :good:

Last edited:

marniel647

Aug 8, 2012
I want to test this also but i cannot find the DL link. Will wait for the next build. :)

Thanks for the dev.

piterdemon

Apr 13, 2011
Gdańsk
I tested it with that boot.img via odin and on first boot proximuty incall was working but bluetooth doesnt work, after reboot proximity dont work but bluetooth now work

EDIT
attached logcat

EDIT2
after attaching logcat proximity start working but sometimes wont work

Wytapatano z Galaxy Nexus CM 11

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    494.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11.0 Galaxy 551/Callisto (GT-I5510) Port [androidarmv6] [OTA enabled]
    Current port status: release candidate - should be suitable for daily use
    Latest release: Over The Air (OTA) build - updated regularly

Hey folks,

This is a port of CyanogenMod 11.0 (using the androidarmv6 fork) for the Samsung Galaxy 551 (GT-I5510 or "Callisto") series phones. The current version is Android 4.4.2. Please note that this is an Over The Air (OTA) enabled ROM.

Pre-requisites:

First-time installation:
    • Download and install the latest OTA-enabled build from: http://download.androidarmv6.org/_builds/callisto/
    • If you are upgrading from a different Android revision, perform a data-wipe.
    • ROM updates will now be available via the built-in OTA update mechanism (see below).

OTA update instructions:
    • Navigate to Settings -> About phone -> CyanogenMod updates.
    • Ensure that Update types is set to New versions (incl. Nightlies).
    • Click the refresh icon, and new updates will be displayed inside the app. Click on the desired version to begin the download, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the upgrade process.

Previous releases:

• Build updated to cm-11.0
      • Hardware keys fixed (thanks to darblack)
      • Camera fixed (hopefully; please leave feedback)
      • Many fixes and improvements
      • Build updated to CM10.2
      • Add configuration files to support hardware keypad (sec_keypad)
      • Fix kernel driver issues that may cause issues on Callisto, including camera initialization (note: should hopefully fix initialization of camera kernel driver, but the camera still may need other fixes to actually work correctly)
      • md5: 2c2c70ad83dfa5468e7aff5822510111
      • First build - untested

Thanks [Samsung androidarmv6 crew]:
    • WaylandAce
    • TheWhisp
    • rohan007
    • michie
    • hrk
    • erikcas
    • bieltv3
    • tilal6991
    • KonstaT
    • psyke83
    • ankur850

Source Code:
    CM11 builds with kernel 3.0 - testers required
    WARNING: certain builds may not boot, for various reasons. You should be prepared to reflash a working ROM if necessary.

Due to @Mm7's excellent work in getting the partial source FSR driver working for the other Gingerbread devices, it seems like a good time to resume work on the 3.0 kernel. Since I don't have a galaxy5, beni, callisto or tass in my posession, I need some people to test some experimental builds that use kernel 3.0.

Current status:
    • All builds are booting
    • All drivers (on all builds) have been reported as working correctly

Needs testing (compare the behaviour to the old kernel):
    • General stability
    • General performance
    • Battery consumption / deep sleep
    • WiFi suspend stability
    • SD card and/or USB transfer speed issues
    • Audio stutters/microstutters during playback when phone is idle
    • Potential lag during wake from idle

beni: cm11 build #1165 (updated: November 14th)
    callisto: cm11 build #1177 (updated: November 24th)
    cooper: cm11 build #1199 (updated: December 6th)
    galaxy5: cm11 build #1198 (updated: December 4th)
    gio: @erikcas is testing private builds
    tass: cm11 build #1138 (updated: November 10th)

1. Perform a full CWM backup before proceeding (a data-wipe will be mandatory*, and your backup will also insure against potential data-loss).
    2. Optional: if possible, use a backup SD card during testing to avoid potential data-loss.
    3. Perform a data wipe*, and install the CM11 build.

Please give feedback on what is working and not working compared to the regular build. Particular focus should be on hardware components - for example, wifi, touchscreen, camera, bluetooth, sensors, etc. Try to ensure that everything works.

Please upload a dmesg and logcat (taken shortly after boot completion) for me to examine, even if the build is not giving any obvious problems. Just make sure to mention the build # and your phone model when providing me with feedback. Thanks!

To capture logs (best done shortly after boot completion so that I can see the beginning of the logs):
    Code:
    su
    cd /sdcard
    logcat -d >logcat.txt
    dmesg >dmesg.txt

* If you insist on installing the cm11 build over an OTA installation without a data-wipe, you'll need to edit the updater-script and remove the line beginning with sha1_check. To go back to an OTA build (without wiping), you'll need to perform the same step on the updater-script of a full OTA package as well.
    ClockworkMod:
    ClockworkMod v6.0.5.3 or later is mandatory in order to install CM11, or else you will experience "status 0" errors when attempting to flash ROMs that have hardware TLS enabled.

How to update ClockworkMod recovery:
    • Download the latest callisto recovery.img available from the Jenkins cm-recovery job list, and copy to your device's /sdcard.
    • Flash the image by entering the following commands in the terminal emulator app:
      Code:
      su

Useful resources:
    1. simple2ext_mod - modified version of S2E app2sd app updated to support CM11 (and is fully compatible with OTA updates, unlike most other app2sd solutions) [thanks: @psyke83 ]
    2. Gapps Basic packages for CM11 (note: be sure to use the SD-EXT package v2.1 or later for callisto) [thanks: @Bhargav97 & @psyke83]
    3. AZERTY keyboard patch - flashable recovery package; won't break delta OTA updates, but a full OTA package update will wipe the changes, requiring the package to be re-installed) [thanks: @aldweb]
    Please test the recovery.img from android-experimental #832 and let me know if it works correctly. This build includes some changes to the recovery graphics intended to fix blue screen problems on Gio and Ace, but I need to be sure that it doesn't break any of the other Samsung devices.

Download recovery.img to sdcard, then:
    Code:
    adb shell 

Thanks in advance!
    @ankur850,

I don't own a callisto, so I rely on testers to let me know if the build works (and provide logcats, etc., if it doesn't). I've merged the "cleaned" callisto vendor files, kernel and device overlay that co-exists with the other msm7x27 series phones to the androidarmv6 repository. If there's a media scanner bug, then it's likely to affect all other devices and should be fixed accordingly.