[Q] Help unbricking Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Search This thread

de1mos

Apr 6, 2014
Hello everyone,

I've been using this community for a while, but this is my first post. One or two months ago I successfully rooted my Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and installed Imaginary ICS Final along with CWM Recovery 5.0.2.6. Everything worked fine but today I decided to update to a 4.4 custom rom. I installed CM 11 from this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2659269, but after selecting my language a popup apeared which said "The setup aplication has stopped working", so I looked for another ROM. I found this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2684893, but it required TWRP Recovery to be installed. I downloaded it, copied it to my SD and tried to install it form CWM 5.0.2.6.

Now, my phone goes into a blue screen whether I try to boot normally or into the recovery menu and I don't now how to solve it. Since I can boot into download mode, I've tried using Odin, but it doesn't recognize my phone. Can anyone help me, please? Thanks a lot in advance.

PS: I'm using Windows 8.1 x64.

EDIT: Now Odin recognizes it, but it gets stuck in "<1> setup connection...".

EDIT 2: I've solved it flashing through Odin with a PC running a clean installation of Windows 7.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5617821

Hello everyone,

I've been using this community for a while, but this is my first post. One or two months ago I successfully rooted my Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and installed Imaginary ICS Final along with CWM Recovery 5.0.2.6. Everything worked fine but today I decided to update to a 4.4 custom rom. I installed CM 11 from this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2659269, but after selecting my language a popup apeared which said "The setup aplication has stopped working", so I looked for another ROM. I found this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2684893, but it required TWRP Recovery to be installed. I downloaded it, copied it to my SD and tried to install it form CWM 5.0.2.6.

Now, my phone goes into a blue screen whether I try to boot normally or into the recovery menu and I don't now how to solve it. Since I can boot into download mode, I've tried using Odin, but it doesn't recognize my phone. Can anyone help me, please? Thanks a lot in advance.

You usually get the "setup connection" error when you are in the Emergency Download Mode instead of Download Mode. You go to Emergency Download Mode by holding down Volume Up + Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button in which it loads a screen that says "Emergency Download Mode" and you go to Download mode by holding down Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button in which it does load the correct download screen with the yellowish message that say "Downloading…". Please make sure you are going to the Download Mode. Then try to flash again. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

Reactions: de1mos

de1mos

Apr 6, 2014
You usually get the "setup connection" error when you are in the Emergency Download Mode instead of Download Mode. You go to Emergency Download Mode by holding down Volume Up + Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button in which it loads a screen that says "Emergency Download Mode" and you go to Download mode by holding down Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button in which it does load the correct download screen with the yellowish message that say "Downloading…". Please make sure you are going to the Download Mode. Then try to flash again. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

You're right, I was entering Emergency Download Mode (the one which says ARM9 mode). However, if I enter the normal download mode and plug my phone, Odin doesn't recognize it and Windows shows a message in the traybar which says "Can't recognize USB device".

Phone should detect in odin if you've Installed proper drivers for your phone.

Try this guide,

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2609021

Sent from my Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

I've followed it step by step and Odin still doesn't recognize my phone.

D

Deleted member 5617821

You're right, I was entering Emergency Download Mode (the one which says ARM9 mode). However, if I enter the normal download mode and plug my phone, Odin doesn't recognize it and Windows shows a message in the traybar which says "Can't recognize USB device".

Try this link on how to install stock rom using odin along with all firmwares. Go to the "Preparation" section where you will find all the necessary downloads including the drivers.

Flash stock rom on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 using odin

Do post the result. Hope I Helped:)

Reactions: de1mos

de1mos

Apr 6, 2014
Thanks a lot, but I've solved it flashing through Odin with a PC running a clean installation of Windows 7.

ShardulS.

Nov 11, 2013
Mumbai
try updating ur drivers online first, go to the download mode by pressing the vol up, down and the power button simultaneously, and then odin vud recognise it..
when u have successfully installed the stock rom from Odin, go to recoverymode, then to clockworkmod, remove cahe and dalvik data and then install the rom that u want.
This shud do as it worked for me.. :)

Hit the "Thanks" button if it helped.. :)

D

Deleted member 5617821

try updating ur drivers online first, go to the download mode by pressing the vol up, down and the power button simultaneously, and then odin vud recognise it..
when u have successfully installed the stock rom from Odin, go to recoverymode, then to clockworkmod, remove cahe and dalvik data and then install the rom that u want.
This shud do as it worked for me.. :)

Hit the "Thanks" button if it helped.. :)

Bro, this question is solved. See "Edit 2" in the question where the author has specified what he did to solve this problem. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5617821
    Hello everyone,

Phone should detect in odin if you've Installed proper drivers for your phone.

Try this guide,

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2609021

Sent from my Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
    D
    Deleted member 5617821

Try this link on how to install stock rom using odin along with all firmwares. Go to the "Preparation" section where you will find all the necessary downloads including the drivers.

Flash stock rom on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 using odin

Do post the result. Hope I Helped:)
    D
    Deleted member 5617821
    Thanks a lot, but I've solved it flashing through Odin with a PC running a clean installation of Windows 7.

Glad to hear that buddy :)